Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Given a choice, a playmaker like FDJ makes more sense for us than this guy?

Vapor trail

Given a choice, a playmaker like FDJ makes more sense for us than this guy?
Definitely having watched Jude he seems more a box to box type. I agree with some of the comments that there's a overrating of him going on but I believe he will come good with time and maturity in his game.

Davie Moyes

Is all the noise regarding him being nailed on for Liverpool next season legit or is it being led by fan sites and wishful thinking only?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not very good this season, so far. He's losing the ball way too easy and even costing them a goal or two. I don't know, I think he's just over it and wants to move.
To be fair it's early in the season and he has often been Dortmund's best midfielder last season. They are still looking for a new balance in their team and actually after Özcan made his debut yesterday I think they are slowly settling. He seems to be a quite good partner for Bellingham so I think Bellingham's impact will increase again.

BerryBerryShrew

Haven't really seen him. Is he a complete midfielder (Keane) or is he a Hollywood midfielder (Gerrard)? Who's the better comparison if either?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Haven't really seen him. Is he a complete midfielder (Keane) or is he a Hollywood midfielder (Gerrard)? Who's the better comparison if either?
Maybe somewhere in between? He definitely can do everything including dirty work in midfield, but it looks like he is at his best paired with a true DM that allows him free box-to-box movement while covering the space he leaves behind. Like Casemiro did for Modric.

EtH

Overrated and head firmly up his own arse. Would fit right into Ole’s cultural reset.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What's wrong with his attitude? Like I do know he comes across as ultra competitive but surely that's a good thing if he's in your team
He moans and complains a bit too much if his teammates do something wrong. A bit more respectful behaviour would be nice.

Selbourne

He moans and complains a bit too much if his teammates do something wrong. A bit more respectful behaviour would be nice.
Does his teammates take issue with that? Sounds like he wears his heart on his sleeve and is demanding around him. Is it a bad thing?

davidmichael

Don’t know if I’ve got it in me to go through the De Jong saga again next summer as it nearly broke me so for that reason alone I’d go with Bellingham, alongside a pure out and out defensive midfielder like Casemiro I think Bellingham would thrive.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Does his teammates take issue with that? Sounds like he wears his heart on his sleeve and is demanding around him. Is it a bad thing?
Sometimes he gets a little nudge, so I think it's not a serious problem for the team, but at least they aren't always happy experiencing it.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t know if I’ve got it in me to go through the De Jong saga again next summer as it nearly broke me so for that reason alone I’d go with Bellingham, alongside a pure out and out defensive midfielder like Casemiro I think Bellingham would thrive.
I think Bellingham will be the saga of the summer next year with City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Utd all interested so you might be hoping to jump from the frying pan into the fire

Mainoldo

Crazy talent. Reminds me of Pogba. Just hope the Liverpool deal hasn‘t been signed in blood. Don’t want De Jong anywhere near here. So Jude would be perfect.

Drizzle

I think Bellingham will be the saga of the summer next year with City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Utd all interested so you might be hoping to jump from the frying pan into the fire
Madrid too.

He does strike me as a player Klopp would develop into an absolute monster, so I really hope he doesn't go there. He reminds me of a young Bryan Robson in some ways, albeit without the goalscoring knack. All-action all-rounder, big presence on the pitch. Needs a good coach to develop him though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Madrid too.

He does strike me as a player Klopp would develop into an absolute monster, so I really hope he doesn't go there. He reminds me of a young Bryan Robson in some ways, albeit without the goalscoring knack. All-action all-rounder, big presence on the pitch. Needs a good coach to develop him though.
Klopp won’t be there long enough to develop him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s an incredibly talented young player but I don’t think we’ll be in for him.

Casemiro
Bruno Eriksen/Fred​

Is probably our best starting midfield at the moment or:
Casemiro Eriksen/Fred
Bruno
I absolutely think Bellingham could take the Eriksen/ Fred place but a De Jong is a better fit for that midfield.

He turned us down once though so I doubt he’ll join us.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He's class, but will get disrespected because he's English, and a mad amount on here hold that against players.
This is the most ridiculous, bullshit post I have ever read on RedCafe. Poor English players, so oppressed! Maguire is world class, but being English gets no love.

For feck's sake!

mav_9me

I don't see what everyone sees in him. I'm probably in the minority though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not seen enough for him but from the little he doesn't suit what we need. Liverpool are a good fit. We need a CM playmaker

Judas

Open to offers
This is the most ridiculous, bullshit post I have ever read on RedCafe. Poor English players, so oppressed! Maguire is world class, but being English gets no love.

For feck's sake!
Kind of backed up my point here. Who is talking about Maguire? So quick to get angry about England’s brave heroes.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp won’t be there long enough to develop him.
Likely to stay longer at Liverpool than the likes of Ancelotti, Guardiola, even Ten Hag at their current club I'd say.

RC89

He's class, but will get disrespected because he's English, and a mad amount on here hold that against players.
The only reasons that's held against players is we've paid unreasonable sums for distinctly average players. Which of our English players have proven to be good enough? They were some of the worst performers in a team that was our worst in prem history. Maguire, Rashford, Shaw, Lingard, AWB - none of them showed anything last season.

I'd argue it's the opposite where some give them an easy ride on here because they're English. Maguire gets his fair share of criticism and there are plenty that somehow think the criticism is unfair despite him becoming a walking talking meme.

RC89

Kind of backed up my point here. Who is talking about Maguire? So quick to get angry about England’s brave heroes.
I actually can't tell which way you're going now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.