Julen Lopetegui watch

Ahsan_6386

Real and Lopetegui need to be blamed totally for this . Real for not informing and requesting permission from the Spanish FA to talk to Lopetegui for the vacant job . Lopetegui for not informing his employers that he is negotiating with a club and his concentration is not being total on the job he was signed for . Lopetegui comes out looking the worst in this unnecessary saga and the sacking is well deserved .

The Spanish FA are well within rights to fire him since his behaviour was appalling and there was a breach of trust from his side . Spanish FA will be blamed big time if the team doesn't do well in the World cup but i guess it's a matter of principles as far as they are concerned . They have legitimate reasons for the sacking and they must be ready for the backlash if Spain fails at the World cup .

Good thing for us that Lopetegui is sacked and won't be with De Gea at the world cup trying to convince De Gea to join him at Real .

Reactions: Penna

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I think Big Phil is free from China now.

Or Big Sam, he always insisted he could win things with foreign players.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If you can’t see the difference in context here then there’s nothing much to say.
Of course there is a difference, what I am saying that tapping up happens. Real Madrid are despicable, I cant stand them as a club, the manager stupid they are both in the wrong, no doubt in my mind no one is condoning what they did. What people are saying is the only losers in it all could be/ will be the NT and the Spanish FA.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course there is a difference, what I am saying that tapping up happens. Real Madrid are despicable, I cant stand them as a club, the manager stupid they are both in the wrong, no doubt in my mind no one is condoning what they did. What people are saying is the only losers in it all could be/ will be the NT and the Spanish FA.
Coach is the biggest loser in this, prepared the team over 2 years for this and now he is sacked without showing what he is capable of.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Coach is the biggest loser in this, prepared the team over 2 years for this and now he is sacked without showing what he is capable of.
Depends how the tournament goes for Spain, he will be managing at Real in a few weeks. He’s not Spanish so while he probably really wanted to guide the NT I doubt it will sting for long.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why isn't he blamed though ? I am hardly seeing anything condemning him. Lopetegui is a real cnut
Agreed from a practical standpoint it's not a big deal but from a moral standpoint he should have told his currently employer that he was negotiating with a club and that he could be out after the competition.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Depends how the tournament goes for Spain, he will be managing at Real in a few weeks. He’s not Spanish so while he probably really wanted to guide the NT I doubt it will sting for long.
Why not, it's chance to lead Spain in the world cup. It will sting for long and even more so when he gets sacked from Madrid.

Vanya

Him taking the job is not the problem. It is how he and Real went about it.
No doubt. But is that worth harming the national teams world cup chances by firing the coach one day before the world cup?! I don't think so.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's.....Hierro.:eek:

Was going to ask if he was involved with Spain but I remember him managing Oviedo at some point last season, think he got sacked.

Other names mentioned were Albert Celades and Pablo Sanz.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agreed from a practical standpoint it's not a big deal but from a moral standpoint he should have told his currently employer that he was negotiating with a club and that he could be out after the competition.
Even from a practical POV, it is wrong to negotiate like that. I am glad he is sacked because he deserves it and it weakens Spain

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's.....Hierro.:eek:

Was going to ask if he was involved with Spain but I remember him managing Oviedo at some point last season, think he got sacked.

Other names mentioned were Albert Celades and Pablo Sanz.
He's been their Sporting Director since November '17.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's been their Sporting Director since November '17.
Probably makes sense as he's with the team in Russia rather than them flying someone out at short notice. His playing career will also command respect.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Won't surprise me if it was Madrid's plan all along. Lopetegui couldn't have been behind the timing of the release.

JPRouve

Scout
Even from a practical POV, it is wrong to negotiate like that. I am glad he is sacked because he deserves it and it weakens Spain
What you said is moral not practical.:p

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The coach is a cnut but why jeopardize your chances of performing well in the biggest tournament? I hope the ego of the Spanish FA doesn't hurt the people of Spain who have waited for the WC. The players who worked so hard for this, all ruined just because of a few ''principles"

base615

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The coach is a cnut but why jeopardize your chances of performing well in the biggest tournament? I hope the ego of the Spanish FA doesn't hurt the people of Spain who have waited for the WC. The players who worked so hard for this, all ruined just because of a few ''principles"
100%. Would I have done it this way? No, but the Spanish Football Fed have cut their noses off to spite their face in a Trumpian rage. Childish.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Way i see it there are two possibilities here:
1) Pettiness
2) surprising coherence

I'm naturally inclined to see the worst in people, especially when it comes to us southern europeans, so..
That's a very reasonable posture. One always have to wait the worst from politicians.

tomaldinho1

I was hoping for Iniesta player/manager

Love the days of the manager subbing himself on

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The Spanish FA have decided their ego is a bigger priority than the World Cup.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The Spanish FA have decided their ego is a bigger priority than the World Cup.
I'm yet to meet a spaniard with bigger priorities than their own ego, it's only right that their FA represents the people :)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Way i see it there are two possibilities here:
1) Pettiness
2) surprising coherence

I'm naturally inclined to see the worst in people, especially when it comes to us southern europeans, so..
Did you see/like the movie “There Will Be Blood”?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He is Spanish. :confused:

JPRouve

Scout
I'm yet to meet a spaniard with bigger priorities than their own ego, it's only right that their FA represents the people :)
You are the meanest portuguese that I have met, throwing shades left, right and center.:lol:

gaucho_10

So fecking small time and petty. Whoever has made that decision should be gone
You're spot on. This is all down to Rubiales and his ego, but it's much easier to pin it on Madrid. The whole world hates the club anyway (it's not really hate, it's just jealousy, but we'll call it hate because it sounds better).

RoyH1

Madness. Absolute madness. Or like @giorno said, moral coherence on a biblical scale.

For me it’s more the classic case of a mediocre boss that tries to assert his authority by firing a staff member that did he felt disrespected his authority. But who cares about the national team, right?!
What a tool.

Zoo

Xavi has already come out and said he backs the decision.

It was the right thing to do.

El Zoido

Lopetegui has made a huge mistake here and it’s the correct decision by Spain to get rid. Don’t take another job without consulting your current employer. Much respect to Rubiales for having the balls to do what’s right under very difficult circumstances.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If it's true that Ramos & Iniesta told the Spanish FA that the players wanted to keep the manager, that should have been that.

The plauers are the team and, two days before their world cup starts, the team has to be the priority. Nobody's opinion is more important at this point.

JPRouve

Scout
Which club can come and take Deschamps?