Jules Kounde | Barcelona

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
It literally means Buttocks. Before Camp Nou was built Barcelona played in a field where the top seats could be seen from outside the stadium. So passers by literally could see a line of butts sitting watching Barca play. Therefore, they got the culé nickname.
Ah make sense, I was thinking about Vlad the Romanian hero.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
It's quite a brilliant and scummy tactic they've been employing this window. Essentially they tap the player up, agree his personal terms then tell them to say that they are only interested in joining Barca. Even if the selling club has reached an agreement with another club, the selling club then has to accept Barca's lower fee with shitty terms because it's the only way they are able to sell their player.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Where did they find all the money
I keep saying this, but I don’t think it’s really registering with people:

They felt comfortable borrowing so much against future earnings and spending almost all of it right now because they plan on collecting a TON of money suing the teams that refused to go through with the Super League.

They believe having a top winning team competing for all the trophies is key to pulling this off and not simultaneously having everyone in the world hate them, at least in terms of their global brand.

That’s the plan.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It literally means Buttocks. Before Camp Nou was built Barcelona played in a field where the top seats could be seen from outside the stadium. So passers by literally could see a line of butts sitting watching Barca play. Therefore, they got the culé nickname.
Very apt nickname for you boys then. Bunch of arseholes

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe he had more time remaining on his contract two years ago so you can hold out for more money.
I get that, but Barca still got him way too cheap.

BerryBerryShrew

I can't help but suspect that sometime in the coming years, scandalous information will emerge surrounding this transfer window and Barcelona. Something's definitely going on that we're not privy to. A club is so broke that it literally cannot pay its players, and yet simultaneously has a bonanza of a transfer window, signing players left and right for considerable sums. Sure, there's the excuse that they need to maintain continued footballing success in order to secure their revenue in the coming years, but that doesn't cut it for me. That's like me owing you money, and then I go and buy a new car and explain that I need it to drive to work so I can earn money and pay my debts. It reeks of half-truths and shady plans. With the amount of signings they've made, there's no conceivable way that they're unable to pay the players they've been shorting. It seems much more likely that they just don't want to pay them so that they can spend more on transfers. It smells of a scam.
That's literally what Beneke did when Skylar gave him money to pay his taxes in Breaking Bad. And even she knew it was a bad idea.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

They felt comfortable borrowing so much against future earnings and spending almost all of it right now because they plan on collecting a TON of money suing the teams that refused to go through with the Super League.

They believe having a top winning team competing for all the trophies is key to pulling this off and not simultaneously having everyone in the world hate them, at least in terms of their global brand.

That’s the plan.
Most of the money in the levers is to pay off debt.
And Barcelona's plan is to have a sustainable wage bill.
To believe that everyone will hate Barcelona is absurd. People don't care about these issues at all and they soon forget about them.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
It's quite a brilliant and scummy tactic they've been employing this window. Essentially they tap the player up, agree his personal terms then tell them to say that they are only interested in joining Barca. Even if the selling club has reached an agreement with another club, the selling club then has to accept Barca's lower fee with shitty terms because it's the only way they are able to sell their player.
But he was still happy and willing to join Chelsea. It's just Barca was his first choice.
He would rather of signed for Chelsea than stay at Sevilla another season.

OverratedOpinion

Most of the money in the levers is to pay off debt.
And Barcelona's plan is to have a sustainable wage bill.
To believe that everyone will hate Barcelona is absurd. People don't care about these issues at all and they soon forget about them.
You have undoubtedly done a lot of damage to your reputation.

Also weren't the "levers" 250 million so far? You've already spent about 70% of that if so (probably more considering sign on fees for Christiansen and Kessie).

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Also weren't the "levers" 250 million so far? You've already spent about 70% of that if so (probably more considering sign on fees for Christiansen and Kessie).
People overvalue these issues, 99.9% of people are not aware of the day-to-day signings.
They will read a couple of headlines and forget about it within 10 seconds while reading another headline.

The levers were over €530M.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Way back in the day, when the stadium was small for so many people, many fans sat on a wall situated on a busy street.

Anyone passing on the street would see the asses of all the fans sitting there, hence the name culers, nothing more than asses in Catalan.

Good luck to kounde and company, I hope the sun is enough for them because when they come to complain that the money doesn't go into the account the whole world will laugh at them.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Probably true for 99.9% of Barca fans.
No. The people who remember the most are the fans of the team where it happens, Barcelona in this case, and the haters to take advantage of anything to insult, whether rightly or wrongly.

OverratedOpinion

People overvalue these issues, 99.9% of people are not aware of the day-to-day signings.
They will read a couple of headlines and forget about it within 10 seconds while reading another headline.

The levers were over €530M.
I think the point made was that you inititially sold 10% of your TV rights and have spent nearly all that money on transfers. Doing so means that you have had to sell more of the rights, it is a bit of a knock on effect.

Hmm I think you have 2 things knocking your public opinion. All of this and then losing Messi (huge for young fans who support Ronaldo and Messi more than actual clubs).

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Way back in the day, when the stadium was small for so many people, many fans sat on a wall situated on a busy street.

Anyone passing on the street would see the asses of all the fans sitting there, hence the name culers, nothing more than asses in Catalan.

Good luck to kounde and company, I hope the sun is enough for them because when they come to complain that the money doesn't go into the account the whole world will laugh at them.
Can you explain why Barcelona won't pay their players?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No. The people who remember the most are the fans of the team where it happens, Barcelona in this case, and the haters to take advantage of anything to insult, whether rightly or wrongly.
You keep replying to posts like you think anyone (bar you and a couple of other Barca fans) will take even 1% notice.

You (Barca) are just a chav living the high life on credit card debt.

We don’t hate you, we’re laughing at you… the club, the strategy, the “it’s not debt, it’s levers” crap, the buys like Coutinho, the ridiculous wages, anyone thinking Laporta is any different to predecessor and most of all… mes que un club.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I think the point made was that you inititially sold 10% of your TV rights and have spent nearly all that money on transfers. Doing so means that you have had to sell more of the rights, it is a bit of a knock on effect.

Hmm I think you have 2 things knocking your public opinion. All of this and then losing Messi.
10% of the television rights went entirely to the economic balance of the 2021-22 season.

Then Barcelona, already closed the financial year of the 21/22 season, activated the second lever of 15%, and from there a certain part was spent for signings.

OleGunnar20

That's like me owing you money, and then I go and buy a new car and explain that I need it to drive to work so I can earn money and pay my debts.
Funnily enough an old friend did just that to me once, except it was one of those daft Harley Davidson motorbikes. It was so farcical you just had to laugh.

Ayye, emphasis on the word old there.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You keep replying to posts like you think anyone (bar you and a couple of other Barca fans) will take even 1% notice.

We don’t hate you, we’re laughing at you… the club, the strategy, the “it’s not debt, it’s levers” crap, the buys like Coutinho, the ridiculous wages, anyone thinking Laporta is any different to predecessor and most of all… mes que un club.
I will try to be as assertive as possible after your answer.

Barcelona is lowering the wage bill until it is sustainable and the club is economically profitable, that will take time while some contracts remain in force.

Laporta and other managers have already explained that levers are not good options, but the other option was much worse.

OleGunnar20

Truly mental behaviour from what is clearly, more than a club.. How anybody can try to justify this as at all sensible I don't know.

RoyH1

Barcelona is lowering the wage bill until it is sustainable and the club is economically profitable, that will take time while some contracts remain in force.

Laporta and other managers have already explained that levers are not good options, but the other option was much worse.
But what most people are after is the mad spending on players. The "levers" are fine if it all goes to cleaning debt and becoming profitable again. Yes it would mean a year in the doldrums, but La Liga is so uncompetitive after the top teams that Barsa could not hire anyone and still finish in Europe. What's the need to get so many top players?

GinobiliTheGOAT

I can't help but suspect that sometime in the coming years, scandalous information will emerge surrounding this transfer window and Barcelona. Something's definitely going on that we're not privy to. A club is so broke that it literally cannot pay its players, and yet simultaneously has a bonanza of a transfer window, signing players left and right for considerable sums. Sure, there's the excuse that they need to maintain continued footballing success in order to secure their revenue in the coming years, but that doesn't cut it for me. That's like me owing you money, and then I go and buy a new car and explain that I need it to drive to work so I can earn money and pay my debts. It reeks of half-truths and shady plans. With the amount of signings they've made, there's no conceivable way that they're unable to pay the players they've been shorting. It seems much more likely that they just don't want to pay them so that they can spend more on transfers. It smells of a scam.
Perhaps the club aren’t as broke as people think. This is one of the best transfer windows of the last decade.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona

That’s the plan.
You can keep inventing stupid things. You can go to any thread with the same story, but it is still false. You just got tired of getting trashed with data in the main thread so you came here.
Nobody at Barça relies on those SL suings.
I'm still waiting an answer about your favourite theme: "hidding child abuse" and something about suiting narratives and whatnot.
And Barça is not borrowing as much.

Levers are well above 500M. Net spending has been ~120M. Wages are lower vs last season (still some work ongoing that will be completely done in 2 years top)

same thread... 12 years ago:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/are-barce-in-major-financial-trouble.301259/

barça management has NEVER, NEVER, NEVER told that levers are good. on the contrary, they have always said that they don't like it but it is necessary for the future of the club.

i don't think united is at a position of laughing at anyone to be honest... Horrendous decade from a sporting point of view and ridiculous economic growth when you compare to your biggest rivals in the EPL.

And current situation...
- 600M debt
- No Champions League
- 8 figures dividends every year to Glazer's anyway to celebrate record debt and horrendous pitch displays and results.
- "theatre of dreams" is actually very laughable too to be honest.

i prefer united over city or chelski (among others) by a 1000 miles but your management has been absolutely catastrophic for a decade minimum at every level.

But what most people are after is the mad spending on players. The "levers" are fine if it all goes to cleaning debt and becoming profitable again. Yes it would mean a year in the doldrums, but La Liga is so uncompetitive after the top teams that Barsa could not hire anyone and still finish in Europe. What's the need to get so many top players?
over 500M came through the "levers" and the net spending is roughly 120M. most of the money has gone towards reducing debt.
barça has reduced A LOT the wages of the teams and it very close to be very healthy (only fdj, stegen, pique, alba and busquets are not in the new salary levels system).

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona have spent: Lewa 45+5, Raphinha 48+12, Koundé 50+10, P. Torre 5 = 148 fixed , the variables we will see.

Transfer income: Coutinho 20, Jutglá 5, Trincao 6M for not exercising the purchase + 10M for 50% Sporting Lisbon and €40M mandatory purchase of Griezzman. Total = 81M

At the moment the net expenditure is €67M

That's not spending madness.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Yeah, signing Lewandowski, Kounde and Rafinha proved that it’s a whole load of bollocks used to to con existing players to lower their current wages first.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yeah, signing Lewandowski, Kounde and Rafinha proved that it’s a whole load of bollocks used to to con existing players to lower their current wages first.
The wage bill in addition to salaries is the amortization of the players.

Barcelona last year parted ways with Messi, Griezzman and Coutinho. And this year they want to sell FDJ for the high salary he has.

Also the downward renovations of Dembele and S. Roberto or the Moriba sale last year.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
If you are running a company and you have people earning 3x times what the market dictates you will obviously try to reduce their salary to something closer to market salaries or fire them. It has nothing to do with hiring other people with normal salaries.

RoyH1

Barcelona have spent: Lewa 45+5, Raphinha 48+12, Koundé 50+10, P. Torre 5 = 148 fixed , the variables we will see.

Transfer income: Coutinho 20, Jutglá 5, Trincao 6M for not exercising the purchase + 10M for 50% Sporting Lisbon and €40M mandatory purchase of Griezzman. Total = 81M

You've conveniently left out wages and any bonuses that might have been paid. The amount is much higher than that.

FcBarcelonaUnited

Supports
FC Barcelona
is it possible that noone here has deep knowledge of the Situation and just echoes News/Twitter Posts?

Like Nagelsmann for example...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What does culè mean?
Arseholes

Monchi did an interview recently where he basically said chelsea were the ones to stall the deal and allowed barcelona to swoop in. Also barca's offer was better than chelsea's

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The wage bill in addition to salaries is the amortization of the players.

Barcelona last year parted ways with Messi, Griezzman and Coutinho. And this year they want to sell FDJ for the high salary he has.

Also the downward renovations of Dembele and S. Roberto or the Moriba sale last year.
And as of today your wages are still higher than when last season ended while still being unable to register the new signings.

But sure your wages are lower :lol:

Laporte is selling your club away and you’re all thanking him for it.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona is lowering the wage bill until it is sustainable.
You just signed Kounde. That's 1 CB. You signed Christensen. that's 2. You renewed Araujo. That's 3. You signed Eric Garcia last summer. That's 4. You have Pique on the payroll and his contract goes until 2024. That's 5. You have Umtiti on the payroll even though he barely plays. That's 6. You have Lenglet under contract until 2026 and have only been able to move him on a one-season loan (in which Barcelona are having to pay part of the salary). That's 7. You also have Mingueza, although it looks like he's exiting in the next few days.

This is a dubious situation for a club that is supposedly needing to control its wage bill.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If you are running a company and you have people earning 3x times what the market dictates you will obviously try to reduce their salary to something closer to market salaries or fire them. It has nothing to do with hiring other people with normal salaries.
With you to a degree, but what you then don't do is publically try and shame a player into taking lower wages and try to turn your fan base against said player by proxy because that player has the temerity to stay on terms that he is legally obliged too, who has already helped out by agreeing to take a lower wage so you can sort yourselves out post pandemic on the basis that you will honour the agreement later.

That is what people have a problem with Barcelona for doing, you are within your rights to ask for whatever, but you can't act in such a way and throw your toys out the pram when you get told to pony up, it shows you negotiated the wage deferral in bad faith to begin with.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It does when you have no actual legal way of firing anyone.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You've conveniently left out wages and any bonuses that might have been paid. The amount is much higher than that.
I did not leave anything behind conveniently, in the thread of Barcelona I have a long and detailed explanation already from a few weeks ago. I'm not going to rewrite everything here again. If you are interested you can look for it.

And as of today your wages are still higher than when last season ended while still being unable to register the new signings.

But sure your wages are lower :lol:

Laporte is selling your club away and you’re all thanking him for it.
Can you tell me where you got that information? In addition, there is still more than a month left for the closing of the market.

You just signed Kounde. That's 1 CB. You signed Christensen. that's 2. You renewed Araujo. That's 3. You signed Eric Garcia last summer. That's 4. You have Pique on the payroll and his contract goes until 2024. That's 5. You have Umtiti on the payroll even though he barely plays. That's 6. You have Lenglet under contract until 2026 and have only been able to move him on a one-season loan (in which Barcelona are having to pay part of the salary). That's 7. You also have Mingueza, although it looks like he's exiting in the next few days.

This is a dubious situation for a club that is supposedly needing to control its wage bill.
You forget about the already finished amortizations of Coutinho and Dembele that are almost €50M.
The lowering of the salary of Dembélé, S. Roberto and the elimination of Coutinho's salary.
This year Griezzman's amortization will end, which is another €24M.
And there is still time to release more players.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

The problem is if any of the current players you got become flop you will be in deep shit. You won't able to move them away but your future revenue already spent.

Nothing wrong with getting competitive team but future won't be happened as you predicted. What will happen if the new signings get long term injury or not performed as good as you thought. If you able to spend again then not a problem but you are already in tough situation.