Julian Assange arrested in Ecuadorian Embassy

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The sexual assault charges should be dealt with in its own but the espionage charges are bullshit imo.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The sexual assault charges should be dealt with in its own but the espionage charges are bullshit imo.
Is he charged with the sexual assault in the US or is it all espionage-related charges here? I can’t even remember.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So if Assange can be pardoned, can Ed Snowden? Or rather should Snowden be pardoned?

Or is this apples and oranges?

freeurmind

weak willed
So if Assange can be pardoned, can Ed Snowden? Or rather should Snowden be pardoned?

Or is this apples and oranges?
President can pardon whoever he wants for a federal crime. Snowden is a whistleblower and should be allowed to return to the US without fear of being prosecuted for exposing the NSA.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Bad: The judge accepted basically all of allegations against Assange which this a dangerous case for press freedom (also reciting the rubbish that Assange and wikileaks could have put lives at risk. A claim that the persecution admitted not to be able to back it with evidence).

Good: Another slap in the face of the insane oppressive US prison system and an acceptance that his mental state would be incredibly endangered even more in the US.

What would be great is if he`d be released on bail until the US governments appeal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s going to get a pardon from Trump anyway

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It would make sense for Trump to to pardon him, as he's the only person who can verify the nexus between Trump's campaign and the GRU, via Roger Stone (and whoever else). That said, Trump is so overburdened with the shitstorm he's created for himself that he may well forget.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It would make sense for Trump to to pardon him, as he's the only person who can verify the nexus between Trump's campaign and the GRU, via Roger Stone (and whoever else). That said, Trump is so overburdened with the shitstorm he's created for himself that he may well forget.
I guess the argument there is that they don’t want Assange to lose his 5A rights? A pardon would have to come with the agreement that he never returns to the US.

Kasper

Supports
His supporters want Assange released. That's all he cares about.
Not true, only some. Barely any of his supporters wanted the Blackwater guys pardoned but he did it anyway because of Betsy DeVos. The idea that Trump is doing his things in a vacuum out of influence and for his own bantz only is rubbish. He might pardon him but I doubt he cares.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I guess the argument there is that they don’t want Assange to lose his 5A rights? A pardon would have to come with the agreement that he never returns to the US.
I don't think he can attach any preconditions around a pardon. If he pardons him, that will be that.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I don't think he can attach any preconditions around a pardon. If he pardons him, that will be that.
Of course but we all know he loves a QPQ

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
they've tortured him to the point of self-harm and brain problems. hope he gets out now.

luke511

How much bitcoin is Assange holding? I remember reading somewhere that people donated a lot to wikileaks in the early days.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Can Trump pardon someone that had not been condemned?

Kasper

Supports
He’s going to get a pardon from Trump anyway
Soooo about that.... He pardoned about a hundred people but "kinda forgot" about Assange and Snowden I guess.

His bail has been denied as well. Would be great if the court holds its stance but somehow I`m still skeptical.

Simbo

I guess this guy outlived his usefulness / can't incriminate trump (it all came via russia) / can't afford it. Those are the criteria i reckon.

Raulduke

Decision due this morning on the appeal against the previous decision not to extradite Assange