Julian Assange arrested in Ecuadorian Embassy

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How precisely did Assange think this would turn out for him after collaborating with Russian intelligence to selectively funnel hacked documents into the public domain on their behalf, in order to influence the outcome of a US election.

UncleBob

Does it bother you that they are selective in the information they publish? To a point where it can’t be argued that they are partisan and have an agenda?
Imo they can be as selective as they want as long as what they publish is the truth.

It's a bit bizarre that exposing war crimes somehow turns you into an international terrorist and a threat to the western civilization.

UncleBob

How precisely did Assange think this would turn out for him after collaborating with Russian intelligence to selectively funnel hacked documents into the public domain on their behalf, in order to influence the outcome of a US election.
Which is only about 6 years after the initial issues...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ridiculous, Tucker Carlson out of all people strikes the right note about Assange
I’ve not seen what he has said but as him and Hannity are part of Trump’s propaganda machine which has Russian backing and has used Wikileaks as an election interference tool. I’m going to bet my left bollock that he’s saying he’s totally innocent and being horribly mistreated.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
My left bollock lives another day. The right wing are nothing if not predictable.

Abizzz

Lets not start acting as if any of the rest of the media were any better than Fox News when Assange is the topic.

Suedesi

As opposed to the MSM which are the paragon of unpredictability. CBS fired an employee suspected of leaking the tape of ABC deep-sixing Epstein's story three years ago FFS. These are not truth seeking journalists, these are corporate PR and spokespeople masquerading as journalists.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
As opposed to the MSM which are the paragon of unpredictability. CBS fired an employee suspected of leaking the tape of ABC deep-sixing Epstein's story three years ago FFS. These are not truth seeking journalists, these are corporate PR and spokespeople masquerading as journalists.
It’s possible to get news from a variety of “MSM” resources and with some critical thinking build a fairly clear picture of world current affairs.

Epstein is a great example of that. The majority of the world watches the “MSM” news and yet the majority of the world thinks Epstein was murdered and had powerful friends in the media and at corporate level.

What do you think about Trump’s relationship with Hannity for example? Are you a fan of Hannity and Carlson?

Suedesi

I said "Tucker Carlson out of all people strikes the right note about Assange" that should tell you enough what I think about Carlson.

And why the feck are you pivoting to Trump and Hannity, what's their relevance on this particular topic?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think this might have to do with the US justice department wanting precedence over extradition request from the UK.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Lets not forget that Trump is President, we know for a fact that Wikileaks supported Trump and were actively in communication with Trump via Roger Stone.

We also know that Barr is on a mission to discredit the investigation that uncovered all this.

So, if Assange gets extradited to the US and into the custody of Barr's DOJ, is it going to be a clean up operation and silencing Assange or is he going to be used via a public, messy trial to create a narrative that Assange had absolutely nothing to do with Trump, in return for a poxy sentence?

freeurmind

weak willed
Lets not forget that Trump is President, we know for a fact that Wikileaks supported Trump and were actively in communication with Trump via Roger Stone.

We also know that Barr is on a mission to discredit the investigation that uncovered all this.

So, if Assange gets extradited to the US and into the custody of Barr's DOJ, is it going to be a clean up operation and silencing Assange or is he going to be used via a public, messy trial to create a narrative that Assange had absolutely nothing to do with Trump, in return for a poxy sentence?
What exactly is Assange guilty of? Isn't he protected by the 1st amendment in the US?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
What exactly is Assange guilty of? Isn't he protected by the 1st amendment in the US?
There appears to have been a charge cooked up in which he aided and abetted the hacking of secure US government systems. I can't remember the exact details but I vaguely recollect that he allegedly gave Manning advice and independently sought methods on how to conceal her tracks when logging onto some accounts she shouldn't have had access to..

Hanks

If this dude dies in UK custody it will never be forgotton:

Doctors for Assange
Perhaps the most important and influential journalist and publisher of the last 15 years is about to die in UK jail after loads of psychological torture for crime of publishing factual evidence, running an organization with 100% accuracy record (god knows why he's even in jail now), but nobody, even the most even those who call themselves die-hard humanists, really cares. But if Trump tweets a meme about CNN or call Jim Acosta "a fat, dumb burger", there' uproar how it's an attack on freedom of the press, intimidation of journalists and destroying pillars of our democracy.

You really couldn't make it up. Just goes to prove how most people are full of shit and have their priorities completely upside down

Abizzz

If he has anything from the Clinton’s clan he will commit suicide soon he’s out of UK custody (I don’t think the Clinton’s long arm reach Uk’s shore)
Not sure about the Clintons but certainly wouldn't put it past the US services to just assassinate him if they can't get him with their usual dirty tricks. Perhaps someone driving on the wrong side of the road or something.

Don't Kill Bill

Perhaps the most important and influential journalist and publisher of the last 15 years is about to die in UK jail after loads of psychological torture for crime of publishing factual evidence, running an organization with 100% accuracy record (god knows why he's even in jail now), but nobody, even the most even those who call themselves die-hard humanists, really cares. But if Trump tweets a meme about CNN or call Jim Acosta "a fat, dumb burger", there' uproar how it's an attack on freedom of the press, intimidation of journalists and destroying pillars of our democracy.

You really couldn't make it up. Just goes to prove how most people are full of shit and have their priorities completely upside down
He broke bail and is now fighting extradition. He ran away to the Ecuadorian embassy the last time he was bailed so they will not bail him again while the extradition procedures are in progress because he is the definition of a flight risk.

He has made his own bed legally speaking.

Abizzz

He broke bail and is now fighting extradition. He ran away to the Ecuadorian embassy the last time he was bailed so they will not bail him again while the extradition procedures are in progress because he is the definition of a flight risk.

He has made his own bed legally speaking.
Let's not act as if the legal system was anything other than a charade to give the US what they want. He may well have been long dead if he hadn't run to the Ecuadorian embassy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hard to feel much sympathy for a guy who conspired with the likes of Roger Stone, Farage & Hannity, and allowed himself to become the useful idiot of Russian intelligence in the hope that a Trump presidency may remove the pressure from the Manning affair. The US is now after him for cyber hacking, which if they have an extradition agreement with the country holding him (hint: they do), will result in him getting his day in a US courtroom, which will likely result in a life sentence at SuperMax in Florence Co. At least he got to spend a bit of quality time with Pam Anderson.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Hard to feel much sympathy for a guy who conspired with the likes of Roger Stone, Farage & Hannity, and allowed himself to become the useful idiot of Russian intelligence in the hope that a Trump presidency may remove the pressure from the Manning affair. The US is now after him for cyber hacking, which if they have an extradition agreement with the country holding him (hint: they do), will result in him getting his day in a US courtroom, which will likely result in a life sentence at SuperMax in Florence Co. At least he got to spend a bit of quality time with Pam Anderson.
Unless killaries server and those emails turn up on wikileaks then he might find himself us ambassador to Bali or some other cushy number

Don't Kill Bill

Let's not act as if the legal system was anything other than a charade to give the US what they want. He may well have been long dead if he hadn't run to the Ecuadorian embassy.
There is a system to be followed for extradition and if you are in the UK you will have to go through that system if the US wants you to answer charges in the US.

He was out of prison on bail until he decided to break the law in the UK.

So now he stays in prison until he answers to the court. Tough shit he brought that on himself the idiot.

Needham

The more eccentrically on the edge he makes himself look the more easy it will be to Epstein him. That short and sweet throttling reminded us how easily the establishment will turn on one of its own, even if they are called Julian.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
This is why I have very little sympathy for him.

When Wikileaks first came onto the scene it had, or at least gave the impression that it had an ethical grounding to it's reasoning. It was apolitical and indiscriminate in it's dissemination of the information it received.

Naturally, this put a target on his head as he pissed off the military and intelligence services of a whole bunch of nations. Now, the supposedly impartial Assange has his own political enemies and his own interests start determining his political views and his political views start influencing his work.

Suddenly he's no longer apolitical and he's got his own horses to back in each race as he's become a useful idiot for an array of powerful or would be powerful people.

We know the Trump campaign used him with the help of Roger Stone. We know the Russians used him to disseminate the materials they gained through hacking. We know that the Republicans were hacked just as the Democrats were and yet miraculously there has been no dump of Republican hacked data. Also, entirely by coincidence, the Republicans are now doing Russia's bidding.

Call me cynical but the if Barr's DOJ are trying to get Assange extradited to American, it's not because they want to bring Assange to justice, it's because they want to settle their bar tab.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The more eccentrically on the edge he makes himself look the more easy it will be to Epstein him. That short and sweet throttling reminded us how easily the establishment will turn on one of its own, even if they are called Julian.
If anyone has got a dead man's switch it's Assange.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
There is a system to be followed for extradition and if you are in the UK you will have to go through that system if the US wants you to answer charges in the US.

So now he stays in prison until he answers to the court. Tough shit he brought that on himself the idiot.
The fact he's incarcerated and the conditions of his incarceration are two different things though.

Abizzz

Yeah and I'm saying that system is a charade to create the illusion of due process and it doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, or of what. He acted against the US' interests and is paying the price for it. I see no moral difference between that and say the Russians killing one of their own because he acted against their interest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah and I'm saying that system is a charade to create the illusion of due process and it doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, or of what. He acted against the US' interests and is paying the price for it. I see no moral difference between that and say the Russians killing one of their own because he acted against their interest.
He did both - which is doubly bad for him. If he was not guilty of anything there is a high likelihood he will be released.

Don't Kill Bill

I would sooner leave that to a judge to decide than some randomer on the internet. Running away does make him look guilty. We will see.

Abizzz

He did both - which is doubly bad for him. If he was not guilty of anything there is a high likelihood he will be released.
I don't have enough faith in "the system" to believe that. His only way of staying alive from now on is to be useful to whoever is in power. That's why he helped Trump / Republicans, but he's probably served his purpose for them so now he's just a incriminating witness.

I would sooner leave that to a judge to decide than some randomer on the internet. Running away does make him look guilty. We will see.
I can't blame you for that, I'm just saying it the way I see it. And what I've seen in the last 20 years is the CIA capturing people in black vans of the streets of Europe, flying them in unidentified planes to prisons from where they never come back. On top of that there's now a confirmed torturer at the head of the CIA and a president who prides himself in ordering worse torturing than has been done since Lincoln (by the state). Now they've been hunting everyone down who was involved in revealing that for the past ~7 years.

I'm not asking you to believe me, just don't believe what these people tell you at face value either, make up your own mind.

freeurmind

weak willed
So if I understand correctly, Assange worked with Russia to help Trump get elected. So now why is the Trump administration trying to extradite him to be tried in the US? Wouldn't they be terrified that threatened with jail time he would reveal how they all conspired to to cheat to get Trump elected?

Needham

So if I understand correctly, Assange worked with Russia to help Trump get elected. So now why is the Trump administration trying to extradite him to be tried in the US? Wouldn't they be terrified that threatened with jail time he would reveal how they all conspired to to cheat to get Trump elected?
Could be because America isn't actually a dictatorship and the different branches of govt aren't all controlled from a pod above the sky.