Julian Draxler

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
@iSparky FFS :lol:

I tried to "reply" to that initial comment of yours and "didn't have the permission"....i thought the thread got locked or something!
Good to know someone saw it, I felt like it was otherwise wasted and that nobody would see the fruits of my labour.

Enigma_87

You know who
Good to know someone saw it, I felt like it was otherwise wasted and that nobody would see the fruits of my labour.
You can make a case with Pelle, Sigurdsson and Goetze's gf's. Remembered they were right knockers.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Off to Wolsburg apparently who've used the De Bruyne money almost immediately on him and Dante.

Was on the verge of joining Juventus who look to have missed out on him, which is nice to see.

VanGaalEra

Off to Wolsburg apparently who've used the De Bruyne money almost immediately on him and Dante.

Was on the verge of joining Juventus who look to have missed out on him, which is nice to see.
Wolfsburg are in our group, would rather have had him go and strengthen Juve, who are in City's group.

izec

Wouldnt surprise if he prefered to stay in Germany, probably has also better chances of playing.

Varun

Staff
What happened to him? Seems to have stagnated in the past year or so. Big things were expected of him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What happened to him? Seems to have stagnated in the past year or so. Big things were expected of him.
Have you seen the state of Schalke? They have been badly managed lately.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I'm sure I've read this morning we are in for him.
I'm sure I've read we are after Ronaldo Bale isco Neymar lewandowski Muller Ibrahimovic Lacazette and Kane as well... Either a bunch of journos know nothing... Their editors know putting uniteds name in an article increases clicks or we are about to have the most Muppet tactic transfer deadline day in history

crimsonife

Looks like Wolfsburg going out to quickly buy a replacement for De Bruyne. Good for them, probably not for us.

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
I'm sure I've read we are after Ronaldo Bale isco Neymar lewandowski Muller Ibrahimovic Lacazette and Kane as well... Either a bunch of journos know nothing... Their editors know putting uniteds name in an article increases clicks or we are about to have the most Muppet tactic transfer deadline day in history
Is that how it works, thanks. I've often wondered.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

Nothing official from both clubs yet, but it looks like a done deal. Usually Bild don't report finalised deals like that without actually knowing it to be true. 35m Euro + up to 7m in bonus payments. At least Wolfsburg instantly reacted really well and found a fantastic talent as a replacement for De Bruyne. I hope Draxler can stay healthy now and if trusted as much as De Bruyne develops really well at Wolfsburg.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
How is this guy from injury perspective? heard a lot about him few seasons back and then seem to have stalled. Is his injury Badstuber bad or just some niggling concern like Messi used to have in his earlier days?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
How is this guy from injury perspective? heard a lot about him few seasons back and then seem to have stalled. Is his injury Badstuber bad or just some niggling concern like Messi used to have in his earlier days?
Nowhere near as bad as Badstuber. But he had two bigger injuries, missed 3 months in 13/14 and 5 months in 14/15. Looks close to his physical best again now though. But his development has stalled because of his injuries and because of all the chaos at Schalke. I guess, the main reason for him to move to Wolfsburg is that he finally gets his wish to play as a number 10. He talked about that for quite some time now and if Wolfsburg told him that they'll trust him the same way they trusted De Bruyne, it could be the perfect move. I'm not convinced yet that he's a good fit for that role and always thought he's more suited to a wide forward/winger role. But then, his by far strongest spell in his career was when Schalke trusted him in the middle and he was kinda forced to carry the team for a while. It's more than 2 years since then though, who knows if he can find that form and confidence again and improve further.

It's definitely a great move for the Bundesliga though. Wolfsburg kinda stays competitive and doesn't fall apart after selling De Bruyne, even though they should be a bit weaker than last year. And Schalke should be forced to play Max Meyer a lot more, which can only be good for his development. They shouldn't risk that their 2nd biggest talent in attack also starts thinking about leaving.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
Nowhere near as bad as Badstuber. But he had two bigger injuries, missed 3 months in 13/14 and 5 months in 14/15. Looks close to his physical best again now though. But his development has stalled because of his injuries and because of all the chaos at Schalke. I guess, the main reason for him to move to Wolfsburg is that he finally gets his wish to play as a number 10. He talked about that for quite some time now and if Wolfsburg told him that they'll trust him the same way they trusted De Bruyne, it could be the perfect move. I'm not convinced yet that he's a good fit for that role and always thought he's more suited to a wide forward/winger role. But then, his by far strongest spell in his career was when Schalke trusted him in the middle and he was kinda forced to carry the team for a while. It's more than 2 years since then though, who knows if he can find that form and confidence again and improve further.

It's definitely a great move for the Bundesliga though. Wolfsburg kinda stays competitive and doesn't fall apart after selling De Bruyne, even though they should be a bit weaker than last year. And Schalke should be forced to play Max Meyer a lot more, which can only be good for his development. They shouldn't risk that their 2nd biggest talent in attack also starts thinking about leaving.
That's definitely good news. What is happening to Badstuber and what happened to Deisler prior made me fear for him as well. On Wolfsburg, could they possibly deploy him in Ivan Perisic role though rather than number 10 or is it dead cert he will be their number 10? Either way, he should have a stellar career permitting injury.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
That's definitely good news. What is happening to Badstuber and what happened to Deisler prior made me fear for him as well. On Wolfsburg, could they possibly deploy him in Ivan Perisic role though rather than number 10 or is it dead cert he will be their number 10? Either way, he should have a stellar career permitting injury.
Surely they give Schürrle now a shot at Perisic's role? I'd be very surprised if Draxler didn't get the chance to play as a number 10. They don't really have anyone else for that role after all. They might adjust the tactics a bit though. Kruse could play as a 2nd striker with Draxler starting wide-ish and drifting inside. But I expect the attack in general to run through Draxler, at least they'll try it and see if it works.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Probably the best possible solution for Wolfsburg. I am quite surprised, that Schalke allows Draxler to join a rival. They might overpay, but that was inevitable after losing KdB that late. Overall it should give them a big boost.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He had terrifying ambition in his eyes last night. Would buy him only for that.

Chicharito_

Love how direct Wolfsburg play and he was one of the key men in this, always driving forward taking on a man - the second goal was class from him.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He's definitely the type of player we need; dynamic, direct, looking to take players on and get in the opposition box. I thought he'd lost some of his spark due to injuries but he looked real good last night.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's definitely the type of player we need; dynamic, direct, looking to take players on and get in the opposition box. I thought he'd lost some of his spark due to injuries but he looked real good last night.
So the kind of player LVG doesn't want...

dcullivanio

He looked pretty good last night didn't he. His direct drive going forward was impressive - definitely an attribute our team could do with. He's consistently linked with Arsenal but from last nights evidence I wouldn't be unhappy seeing him arrive at OT

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Wanted him in the summer :( - Great movement for their second goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he did OK but nothing special to be honest.

If Darmian had decided to close him down and not let him run wherever he wanted, we wouldn't be talking about a "fantastic goal".