Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can totally see him being Chelsea's next manager

gorky_utd

If he comes to pl, he will win it no doubt. I hope we don't miss out if he really makes the switch.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So happy for him. Had absolutely no idea how we was when he took over Hoffenheim and miraculously saved them from relegation in his first half season, since then it's been nothing but highs and more highs.

Can't imagine what he would do with a better squad off players, though I think he would need individuals that play according to his style and philosophy.

edcunited1878

Just like any other successful manager, especially those who are very specific in how they train/setup their team, Nagelsmann will want players that are a fit for him, no questions asked.

One thing that is to the advantage of Leipzig and Nagelsmann is that they are able to identify young players and place them and develop them at clubs such as New York Red Bull, RB Salzberg, Brazil, and Leipzig. So when they move to Leipzig, they aren't completely foreign and they adapt better and there's a really good profile of the player, to their complete advantage.

If Nagelsmann just takes Ole's position like for like, for example, I don't think he'd be as successful because the scouting network and the type of players identified is completely different to what he's been accustomed to at Leipzig.

He'd be a massive, massive gamble but can see why he's obviously a good candidate with his question marks.

mu4c_20le

Old quotes, he obviously wasn't ready back then. He is biding his time for the right move, which will probably be Real or Barca. Just hope he doesn't go to City or Chelsea.

No longer want after hearing his squeaky voice.

Seriously though, brilliant manager. I sincerely hope Ole is a massive success with us but Nagelsmann should really be a top option for us if he's to leave.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No chance, he'll be off the market by the time we decide to move on from Ole.
He said he might leave for England either '21 or '22, can't remember. For Ole to keep his job he needs to show this season he can have us consistently play like a big club and achieve a much stronger points tally. The club have briefed this being a 3 year project, to get challenging. I think Ole will continue to make progress, but no major strides. If Nagelsmann is available at a specific point, we can't be losing out on the next serious manager. Maybe Ole might transition within the club, make it more "palatable" for sensitive souls.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
In fairness to a lot of people on here, they’ve been following his (young) career for a few years already.
Tonights result doesn't really say much personally in my opinion. You've got one knackered team playing against one fresh one. I'll be far more impressed if he manages to beat PSG.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Guessing he'll be the new crush on here rather than Pochettino.
No doubt, until he sign for Chelsea or City. What’s Pochettino up to these days anyway?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Still can’t come no where close to Poch accomplishments at Spurs and don’t think he ever will unless he takes this Rb team to the final and consistently do well in the league. However, he is my second choice to manager United after Poch because he has a similar philosophy.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Jesus lads, are we already talking about replacing Ole with Nagelsmann despite Ole still being in charge of United for the foreseeable future with no indication from the board that they want to replace him in the immediate years? That's fairly disgraceful to say the least.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tonights result doesn't really say much personally in my opinion. You've got one knackered team playing against one fresh one. I'll be far more impressed if he manages to beat PSG.
Yeah agreed but also worth remembering that they lost Werner as well, who was one of their few quality players. Either way, they’ve had a very impressive season, no matter what tonight’s result was. He just seems a very, very talented manager, that’s all.

Andy_Cole

Still can’t come no where close to Poch accomplishments at Spurs and don’t think he ever will unless he takes this Rb team to the final and consistently do well in the league. However, he is my second choice to manager United after Poch because he has a similar philosophy.
:lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Another Amadeus moment.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're more of a satirical caricature than an actual person cause there's no way any real person could actually be this obsessed with one specific individual.

Kamprad

I don’t like the fact that he goes publicly with clubs he’s turned down.

Skills

Snitch
Jesus lads, are we already talking about replacing Ole Martial/Greenwood/ with Nagelsmann Jimenez/Sancho despite Ole Martial/Greenwood still being in charge of at United for the foreseeable future with no indication from the board that they want to replace him in the immediate years? That's fairly disgraceful to say the least.
Weird how the same logic isn't used for players, who are thought of a lot more disposable.

Anyways, if you think you can do better with someone else you should look to improve. Players/Coaches/Managers/Backroom staff.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You basically need to score 2 to beat them as they seem to have a nack of always scoring. I think there are only 4 games all season where they haven't scored (all comps). Same as when he was at Hoffenheim, he gets goals.

Woodenlung

This was a different kind of Leipzig performance than ones I've seen in the past. They're an excellent pressing and counterattacking side with highly choreographed plays. Tonight they sat deeper and let Atletico come to them which they clearly weren't comfortable doing. Sign of a well coached team. They beat one of Europe's best sides and did it without their superstar former striker.

Mainoldo

Even when we are fresh we don’t play like that. Tonight showed exactly what we thought. He’s a top level coach. Reminded me of Klopp’s Dortmund.

Mainoldo

This was a different kind of Leipzig performance than ones I've seen in the past. They're an excellent pressing and counterattacking side with highly choreographed plays. Tonight they sat deeper and let Atletico come to them which they clearly weren't comfortable doing. Sign of a well coached team. They beat one of Europe's best sides and did it without their superstar former striker.
I remember when Fergie did that in his last game against Madrid. Beautiful plan even though Nani’s Red cost us.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
:lol: