Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
United knocked themselves out of the Champions league with that result in Turkey.

If Liverpool was to match Uniteds two results against RB Leipzig the agg score would be 7-3 defeat.
Yeah unfortunately that's not how it works in the group stages though is it. We needed a draw against them and we couldn't do it. And Leipzig qualified at our expense.

passing-wind

He sees football management as more psychological than tactical. It will be interesting if he comes here and strikes up a rapport with the players, calling them by nicknames with a smile, and they end up playing the same lackluster zombie football again.
The best manager of the clubs history adopted this exact approach in his ethos.

This is where Solskjaer falls short of the mark for me. Last week he says the club aren't contending for the title the next week he says that he won't settle for 2nd. It's these type of nuances with Ole that will concede him failing to make any ground on winning anything.

Leipzig have a vastly weaker squad, less resources and perhaps less expectation compared to United, yet you could say that Naglesmann is having the better season compared to Solskjaer and has personally for me achieved more in his career in a shorter period.

always_hoping

Yeah unfortunately that's not how it works in the group stages though is it. We needed a draw against them and we couldn't do it. And Leipzig qualified at our expense.
Indeed it is. That Leipzip round 6 game should have been a dead rubber match for United. The result in Turkey came back to bite.

Come on, the guy literally lost the semi final and was then given it on VAR. Imagine the emotions going through his body in those couple of minutes? Its way more of a natural reaction than the shit Klopp does.
Fist pumping and hugs are a natural. Crying is not especially when no trophy was won.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Indeed it is. That Leipzip round 6 game should have been a dead rubber match for United. The result in Turkey came back to bite.

Fist pumping and hugs are a natural. Crying is not especially when no trophy was won.
You can pick and choose what games were more important. Would we have expected 6 points against them? Yes. But the.pimg and short of it is that over 6 games they were better than us. They qualified at our expense. PSG and Leipzig knocked us out.

always_hoping

You can pick and choose what games were more important. Would we have expected 6 points against them? Yes. But the.pimg and short of it is that over 6 games they were better than us. They qualified at our expense. PSG and Leipzig knocked us out.
In the 4 games against both United was every bit as good as PSG and RB.

Neither PSG or RB messed up against Basaksehir the telling difference in that group.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
They have the best defence in the league. They just had one of those crazy wobbles against us. They’re running up pretty close behind Bayern. He’s a good manager.
People do come to random conclusions based on a few anomalies. He is definitely a good manager and the notion that his team aren't that good defensively can be dismissed by taking a look at the goals conceded column in the Bundesliga.

The top 10 in the Bundesliga have scored an average of 2 goals per game this season and Leipzig have conceded less than a goal a game (on average). Compare that to the premier league, the top 10 once again come close to 1.9 gpg, whilst conceded more than a goal a game.

By direct comparison, Leipzig have 19 goals against United's 31 (GA) in the league. Nagelsmann might value the psychological game a bit higher than some of the other managers around but it doesn't negate the fact that he does put an emphasis (behind the scenes) on laying a tactical foundation for his teams to follow and adopt.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
They have the best defence in the league. They just had one of those crazy wobbles against us. They’re running up pretty close behind Bayern. He’s a good manager.
We literally scored 5 and 2 in two games seperated by over a month. As I said, if not for an AWB shocker, we'd have comfortably dealt with him and RBL and thats the most frustrating part.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
People do come to random conclusions based on a few anomalies. He is definitely a good manager and the notion that his team aren't that good defensively can be dismissed by taking a look at the goals conceded column in the Bundesliga.

The top 10 in the Bundesliga have scored an average of 2 goals per game this season and Leipzig have conceded less than a goal a game (on average). Compare that to the premier league, the top 10 once again come close to 1.9 gpg, whilst conceded more than a goal a game.

By direct comparison, Leipzig have 19 goals against United's 31 (GA) in the league. Nagelsmann might value the psychological game a bit higher than some of the other managers around but it doesn't negate the fact that he does put an emphasis (behind the scenes) on laying a tactical foundation for his teams to follow and adopt.
People also come up with random bollocks comparing the quality of the Bundesliga and the Premier League on a week by week basis to justfy goals against. The fact is when they play good teams, they conceed goals.

macheda14

We literally scored 5 and 2 in two games seperated by over a month. As I said, if not for an AWB shocker, we'd have comfortably dealt with him and RBL and thats the most frustrating part.
The 2 was a penalty that was never a pen and arguably a handball.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The best manager of the clubs history adopted this exact approach in his ethos.

This is where Solskjaer falls short of the mark for me. Last week he says the club aren't contending for the title the next week he says that he won't settle for 2nd. It's these type of nuances with Ole that will concede him failing to make any ground on winning anything.

Leipzig have a vastly weaker squad, less resources and perhaps less expectation compared to United, yet you could say that Naglesmann is having the better season compared to Solskjaer and has personally for me achieved more in his career in a shorter period.
At risk of a Ole Vs Naglesmann battle, which I don't want to get into...Ole has achieved a lot more then Naglesmann, to say otherwise is massively incorrect.

Ole doesn't play the mind games or the press maybe as well as he should, but his use of language and impact of words used in his press conferences/interviews should not be overlooked. He is a positive manager who uses language to great effect, something which he has obviously worked on before he took the United job.

Naglesmann is having a good season no doubt, but a trophy is a must for him as it is for Ole. Otherwise a good season is just that, good, but not great. And for a club in RB that are now consistently one of the top spenders in the Bundesliga I'd imagine that won't be good enough for too much longer.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You’re making out that we needed a draw against them on the last game and couldn’t do it which is not really the case is it

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
People in here saying that he’s achieved more than Ole, be serious bloody hell. And that it was only a wobble against us, and then using goals against in the bundesliga to prove it. Can’t wait for these excuses from the same people if he ever becomes our manager.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
At risk of a Ole Vs Naglesmann battle, which I don't want to get into...Ole has achieved a lot more then Naglesmann, to say otherwise is massively incorrect.

Ole doesn't play the mind games or the press maybe as well as he should, but his use of language and impact of words used in his press conferences/interviews should not be overlooked. He is a positive manager who uses language to great effect, something which he has obviously worked on before he took the United job.

Naglesmann is having a good season no doubt, but a trophy is a must for him as it is for Ole. Otherwise a good season is just that, good, but not great. And for a club in RB that are now consistently one of the top spenders in the Bundesliga I'd imagine that won't be good enough for too much longer.
You are kidding, right? Ole has one of the most expensively assembled squads in the history of football. The resources of the two clubs are galaxies apart. Leipzig may spend more than most in the Bundesliga but they still have to contend with Bayern having a direct subscription to all the titles and glory (for whom all the Bundesliga act as feeder clubs) and Dortmund are also far ahead of them. Ole needs a trophy a lot more than Nagelsmann. Both are in very safe seats, for very different reasons.

To get a team playing better than the sum of its parts is an achievement and one of the best indicators of a coach's excellence. Ole has never done that, Nagelsmann does so consistently. Whether or not Nagelsmann will handle the pressure that comes with the United job is really the only question, as it is for every single manager.

Given that Rose has gone to Dortmund, Nagelsmann would certainly be my favourite choice for a new manager. But he'll likely go to a more ambitious club.

RumHam

In the 4 games against both United was every bit as good as PSG and RB.

Neither PSG or RB messed up against Basaksehir the telling difference in that group.
RB very nearly did, think they needed a last minute deflected / keeper howler to beat Istanbul.

We suffered from what is clearly plaguing our season, what seems like arrogance turning up to games that we should win comfortably with the wrong attitude.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You are kidding, right? Ole has one of the most expensively assembled squads in the history of football. The resources of the two clubs are galaxies apart. Leipzig may spend more than most in the Bundesliga but they still have to contend with Bayern having a direct subscription to all the titles and glory (for whom all the Bundesliga act as feeder clubs) and Dortmund are also far ahead of them. Ole needs a trophy a lot more than Nagelsmann. Both are in very safe seats, for very different reasons.

To get a team playing better than the sum of its parts is an achievement and one of the best indicators of a coach's excellence. Ole has never done that, Nagelsmann does so consistently. Whether or not Nagelsmann will handle the pressure that comes with the United job is really the only question, as it is for every single manager.

Given that Rose has gone to Dortmund, Nagelsmann would certainly be my favourite choice for a new manager. But he'll likely go to a more ambitious club.
Totally, it’s not like we’ve been breaking transfer records the past few years

iato89

If this guy is available next season then it is a no brainer to go all out for him. Ole is just a top 4 manager nothing more and time is proving it.

Matt851

Nah this isnt true. It woulf be convenient to just pin the defeat against rb on awb but our tactics were completely wrong and it took us far too long to adapt. Even in the second half we didnt actually play well, we were fairly fortunate to get two goals back

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
But he'll likely go to a more ambitious club.
Not sure. If, for whatever reason, he gets offered the job, he'll strongly consider it.

Leading United back to the very top would be one of the most attractive tasks for any ambitious manager.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We will wait for him to move elsewhere. Then when we sack Ole, we will be scraping the bottom barrel and employ someone who doesn't fit.
Everything about this club is reactionary. A club making it up as it goes along.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's not a DoF so the question is a bit weird.
It's a bit of a problem for a club that doesnt have a DOF isnt it?

A very big risk.

Until we get a settled and proven working DOF I'm not sure we can go after a manager that may have great tactics but hasnt bought anything for his club according to you.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's a bit of a problem for a club that doesnt have a DOF isnt it?

A very big risk.

Until we get a settled and proven working DOF I'm not sure we can go after a manager that may have great tactics but hasnt bought anything for his club according to you.
Oh that's what's behind it. No need to worry, Nagelsmann is not coming to Man United.

Jonno

We will wait for him to move elsewhere. Then when we sack Ole, we will be scraping the bottom barrel and employ someone who doesn't fit.
Everything about this club is reactionary. A club making it up as it goes along.
By that same metric, should Liverpool sack Klopp now and go for him, or should any other club who has shown an upward trajectory sack their manager now (by upward trajectory, here's an example - starting out 6th, then finishing 3rd, currently occupying 2nd, in their respective leagues?) Or do you just like to whine about Man United making all the bad decisions?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Oh that's what's behind it. No need to worry, Nagelsmann is not coming to Man United.
I wanted to see if he made a top signing at all really, I thought he would have.

I still want him, not just now.

I genuinely feel like we have a manager thats acting like a DOF. Whilst that's not Ole's job, our club has had a decade and more to get a DOF.

To ditch the only resemblance of a DOF we have had for a tactical manager seems very quick and reactive. Rather Ole finishes his DOF job, get fired then see whose available.

It might be Rose or Nagelsmann or whoever it be that tries to overtake Bayern (like Klopp did and everyone else has pretty much struggled).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not sure. If, for whatever reason, he gets offered the job, he'll strongly consider it.

Leading United back to the very top would be one of the most attractive tasks for any ambitious manager.
I'm not thinking it's a foregone conclusion, I just think it's more likely he'll end up at City/Bayern/Madrid, and if we're competing with other clubs, our dysfunctional hierarchy isn't super attractive, though the challenge here should be appealing to every manager.

Adisa

By that same metric, should Liverpool sack Klopp now and go for him, or should any other club who has shown an upward trajectory sack their manager now (by upward trajectory, here's an example - starting out 6th, then finishing 3rd, currently occupying 2nd, in their respective leagues?) Or do you just like to whine about Man United making all the bad decisions?
Liverpool have a manager who has taken them to two 90+ epl seasons and two CL finals. He has proven has recently as last season that he can command a top team. Our coach hasn't, he doesn't have that credit in the bank. Both situations aren't comparable. Yes, we are second on course for a 72 point season, we finished last season on about the same. You can say upward trajectory all you want but I look at the team and how it plays. After 2+ years, I am not satisfied. I have also come to the conclusion I don't think it can get much better this.
Ultimately, this thread is not about Ole. It is about Naglesmann. And I stated Why I don't think he will be our next coach.
This isn't a club that actively pursues managers until the one in the current seat is in a nose dive. By that time, Naglesmann would have moved elsewhere.

Jonno

Liverpool have a manager who has taken them to two 90+ epl seasons and two CL finals. He has proven has recently as last season that he can command a top team. Our coach hasn't, he doesn't have that credit in the bank. Both situations aren't comparable. Yes, we are second on course for a 72 point season, we finished last season on about the same. You can say upward trajectory all you want but I look at the team and how it plays. After 2+ years, I am not satisfied. I have also come to the conclusion I don't think it can get much better this.
Ultimately, this thread is not about Ole. It is about Naglesmann. And I stated Why I don't think he will be our next coach.
This isn't a club that actively pursues managers until the one in the current seat is in a nose dive. By that time, Naglesmann would have moved elsewhere.
How is taking a team from 6th, to 3rd, to currently 2nd, (whilst not on par with Klopp, obviously!) not credit in the bank?

Adisa

How is taking a team from 6th, to 3rd, to currently 2nd, (whilst not on par with Klopp, obviously!) not credit in the bank?
I also mentioned in my post that I am taking more cognizance of how the team plays.
But this is all semantics. The point of my post is that I believe Naglesmann to be a better coach than our current manager. I also believe that we aren't going to be much better than we currently are under our current manager. I might be wrong but those are my positions.
Now because those are my positions, I would prefer the club move for Naglesmann as soon as he became available but I admit that will never be the case because this club doesn't operate like that.

Dr. StrangeHate

He sees football management as more psychological than tactical. It will be interesting if he comes here and strikes up a rapport with the players, calling them by nicknames with a smile, and they end up playing the same lackluster zombie football again.
If that is true then no thanks. I want to be able to watch some progressive football with attacking patterns. It has been too long watching shit on stick football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If that is true then no thanks. I want to be able to watch some progressive football with attacking patterns. It has been too long watching shit on stick football.
Sounds like you haven't watched much of his games.