Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Devil77

While ignoring the fact that we've done this in almost every game this season. We should have been 3 down at HT

We've clawed back because we've had better players not because we have a superior coach
I surely agree with that. Just saying that I don't find Nagelsmann that special.

POF

You mean this one?
Exactly.

You lost me with your last point.

As to the running of Clubs: I agree. They are better run. At the end of the day we have a good enough squad to beat them though. We are undeperforming under Ole.

And I also agree that Nagelsmann alone wouldnt be enough here. Get Rangnick in as a DOF
How good is the squad really? Compare it to the squad Jose had at United. Has Ole got a better squad of players than Jose had at United? I don't think so.

Mourinho is now flying at Spurs with a squad that are fully behind him, something he was completely incapable of having at United.

Ole has the squad performing far better than Jose did. His attack is built around Jose's 3rd and 4th choice attackers, a kid from the academy, a free transfer, a loanee and Mata who is 100.

His central midfield is the same as Jose minus £55m of signings, sold for peanuts.

The upgrades are 2 number 10s and 2 scandalously expensive defenders.

My overall point is that being United manager is much more difficult than managing a well run club. There's politics everywhere, players you need to play because they are huge investments, an incompetent recruitment department who continually fail to sign anyone without paying way over the odds, a worldwide scouting department yet every signing seems to be identified from watching Match of the Day.

Ole is no superstar but in a club so disfunctional, it's good to know that someone has the club's long term best interests at heart.

Footy van de Geek

Yeah, not impressed by a 33 year old coach who went to Munich on Saturday and left with a point, and then secured a famous win over Manchester United 3 days later.

Ony on The Cafe. :lol:

They started yesterday's game without a recognised ST and still managed to put 2 well worked goals past us within 15 minutes. And both their wing backs scored them!

I don't think he's ready for such a big step in his career. Another few years at Leipzig would be best for him. But how in the hell can some people not recognise a brilliant young coach.

Classical Mechanic

We should have been 3 down at HT
Not really. Their xG for the whole game was 1.3 and they only had 4 shots on target in the whole game. The offside goal was miles offside. Criminal that the officials missed it first time. They were clinical with their chances, the first goal was especially good from Angelinho but we'd have been very unfortunate to be 3 goals down at half time.

Footy van de Geek

Not really. Their xG for the whole game was 1.3 and they only had 4 shots on target in the whole game. The offside goal was miles offside. Criminal that the officials missed it first time. They were clinical with their chances, the first goal was especially good from Angelinho but we'd have been very unfortunate to be 3 goals down at half time.
xG is such a meh stat.

Forsberg should have scored his chance and killed the game.

Godfather

Yeah, not impressed by a 33 year old coach who went to Munich on Saturday and left with a point, and then secured a famous win over Manchester United 3 days later.

They started yesterday's game without a recognised ST and still managed to put 2 well worked goals past us within 15 minutes. And both their wing backs scored them!

I don't think he's ready for such a big step in his career. Another few years at Leipzig would be best for him. But how in the hell can some people not recognise a brilliant young coach.
It was the same with Klopp. Until he went to our rivals of course and changed everything

Classical Mechanic

xG is such a meh stat.

It grades the quality of the chances using historical data on goals scored in the same positions. It eliminates the emotional hyperbole that cloud the opinion of fans.

We also have a massive chance that Greenwood missed in the first half. If you want to talk about something as woolly as 'luck' then Leipzig were very lucky that he didn't score that from that chance.

Deery

Dreary

A famous win?!?!?

More like a bad United side put 7 past them and the crawled through by the skin of their teeth.

Deery

Dreary
It was the same with Klopp. Until he went to our rivals of course and changed everything
Klopp hammered Real Madrid a few times got to a CL final and won the Bundesliga not really the same at all.

Footy van de Geek

It grades the quality of the chances using historical data on goals scored in the same positions. It eliminates the emotional hyperbole that cloud the opinion of fans.

We also have a massive chance that Greenwood missed in the first half. If you want to talk about something as wooley as 'luck' then Leipzig were very lucky that he didn't score that from that chance.
The Greenwood chance was an unforced error. Mukiele (I think) over ran the ball and gifted us the chance to find Greenwood quickly. Greenwood has to then carry the ball and cut inside. It's not like it was chance created from intricate play. It didn't come from a ball in behind like Bruno's to Rashford when he hit the post on Saturday. Greenwood himself has to work the shooting opportunity. Angeliño and Haidara did not.

They created their first two goals with precise passing and crossing. Quick switch to Angeliño, back of the net. Perfect cross from Angeliño, precision volley. One touch finishes.

cptkeane1993

I’d love to have him here and coach our squad to greater heights.

Hate to say it but it could be Klopp-esque - a team with top individuals coached by a manager who can add value to that and make the sum of the parts even greater.

He comes across as a strong personality who has conviction in his methods despite his young age and should be able to handle the pressure. A director of football, at least initially, would be a greater source of support for him than player investments.

Ole has done a fantastic job in stopping the rot.and starting the rebuild but I think him and his coaching staff are nearing the peak of their capabilities, if not already, with the progress having now plateaued, so hopefully will be passing the baton on to Nagelsmann and team in the summer.

Footy van de Geek

A famous win?!?!?

More like a bad United side put 7 past them and the crawled through by the skin of their teeth.
If you go through the history of Leipzig, this is one of their most historic wins.

*Inserts Scott Tenorman gif.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Exactly.

How good is the squad really? Compare it to the squad Jose had at United. Has Ole got a better squad of players than Jose had at United? I don't think so.

Mourinho is now flying at Spurs with a squad that are fully behind him, something he was completely incapable of having at United.

Ole has the squad performing far better than Jose did. His attack is built around Jose's 3rd and 4th choice attackers, a kid from the academy, a free transfer, a loanee and Mata who is 100.

His central midfield is the same as Jose minus £55m of signings, sold for peanuts.

The upgrades are 2 number 10s and 2 scandalously expensive defenders.

My overall point is that being United manager is much more difficult than managing a well run club. There's politics everywhere, players you need to play because they are huge investments, an incompetent recruitment department who continually fail to sign anyone without paying way over the odds, a worldwide scouting department yet every signing seems to be identified from watching Match of the Day.

Ole is no superstar but in a club so disfunctional, it's good to know that someone has the club's long term best interests at heart.
Terrible post. You'd think we are an entire starting 11 away from competing for anything

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
xG is such a meh stat.

Greenwood should have scored his chance and made it 1-1

this thread is a shit show. I can’t believe I’m actually on a United forum sometimes.

Classical Mechanic

The Greenwood chance was an unforced error. Mukiele (I think) over ran the ball and gifted us the chance to find Greenwood quickly. Greenwood has to then carry the ball and cut inside. It's not like it was chance created from intricate play. It didn't come from a ball in behind like Bruno's to Rashford when he hit the post on Saturday. Greenwood himself has to work the shooting opportunity. Angeliño and Haidara did not.

They created their first two goals with precise passing and crossing. Quick switch to Angeliño, back of the net. Perfect cross from Angeliño, precision volley. One touch finishes.
How it came about is irrelevant. Leipzig were ewxtremely lucky not to concede I'm sure you'll agree.

Godfather

Klopp hammered Real Madrid a few times got to a CL final and won the Bundesliga not really the same at all.
Nagelsmann got to the semi finals just last year. With fecking Leipzig. You can't compare the squad Dortmund had with what Nagelsmann has to work with. Even Sabitzer looks like a worldbeater under him. The fecker hasn't performed a single time for Austria I feel.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Nagelsmann got to the semi finals just last year. With fecking Leipzig. You can't compare the squad Dortmund had with what Nagelsmann has to work with. Even Sabitzer looks like a worldbeater under him. The fecker hasn't performed a single time for Austria I feel.
They looked good last night for 20 minutes and then shit the bed for the rest of the match and almost threw away a 3-0 homelead. Conceded 7 goals in 2 matches all against a pe teacher who doesn’t know how to coach tactics

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don't think we should get him without a DoF. While he's very good he's also naive. The autonomy we give our coaches doesn't compliment his inexperience

Deery

Dreary
He’d probably be a step up on Ole but who wouldn’t I just didn’t see the Klopp like management I saw with Dortmund. He’s okay I guess with what he has but am not 100% on him.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Displayed a noticable improvement in attire last night.

Lukinho

I said to myself one week ago after we lost to PSG if we don’t get threw the group I want Ole out.

As we know this happened and now I am thinking what to do now.

There are not many good choaches out there in my opinion. Many might say Poch but for me it’s a no. He has never won anything special and I can’t see this changing.

With this being sad there is only one option for me and that’s Nagelsman. He is young and has made Leipzig a very good team. I am not saying get him in right now and that he is the best coach in the world.

But we have tried it with experienced choaches like LVG and Jose. Then we hired an ex player and club legend. Nothing really worked out. So why don’t get a young choach who has the potential to be worldclass

L1nk

People saying he's not that good yet or you don't see anything in him, he's 33, and yet doing what he's done in the game so far. He has 7 years until he reaches the age that Klopp took over at Dortmund, he has time on his side and on his current trajectory he will be something great, but Caf members know best right, just watch when he eventually goes to a big club and you're all sat here still calling him a hipster manager

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
People saying he's not that good yet or you don't see anything in him, he's 33, and yet doing what he's done in the game so far. He has 7 years until he reaches the age that Klopp took over at Dortmund, he has time on his side and on his current trajectory he will be something great, but Caf members know best right, just watch when he eventually goes to a big club and you're all sat here still calling him a hipster manager
Has anyone said he’s not that good?

it’s clear to see he’s got great ideas and has got Leipzig playing well.

is he still too young and maybe naive to be handle Manchester United, the players, the pressure and the press? That’s an understandable question

hubbuh

They looked good last night for 20 minutes and then shit the bed for the rest of the match and almost threw away a 3-0 homelead. Conceded 7 goals in 2 matches all against a pe teacher who doesn’t know how to coach tactics
Yeah, and they've gone through to the next round while we're out. So what the feck does that tell you?

POF

Terrible post. You'd think we are an entire starting 11 away from competing for anything
It may be a terrible post because you've clearly misunderstood it. Maybe reading it may have helped?

The point is that there's more to it than just getting a better coach. Ole is doing a better job than a manager with far more pedigree and arguably better players, who is currently showing he's not the busted flush most had assumed.

Ole is doing that because despite all the obstacles in his way, he's better at navigating the politics than Jose. He doesn't go into meltdown when they promise him a rebuild and don't sign who he wants.

He takes a shit sandwich, calls it ice-cream and still looks out for the best long term interests of the club.

He is not the best coach in the world but he has revitalised a divided toxic squad and improved the team dramatically in his time at the club.

Davie Moyes

They just fouled and fouled and fouled every time we got the ball. 18 times the ref blew for a foul that they had committed. They were lucky not to lose a player if the ref had managed to keep score of all the people he'd booked. It was so blatant, every time Bruno or Rashford got the ball they were flattened. And if we were snide players like PSG are, we could have play acted and got someone sent off but we just took it and carried on. I think tactical fouling is cowardly and underhand. I wouldn't want to watch our players just tripping, pushing, pulling anyone who has the ball. The stop start nature of the game is pretty dull and repetitive.
Good post. I'm glad you highlighted this. It seems like a trait of these high press teams including City and Liverpool, even Southampton and it's blatant. I don't like it all and wish the refs would wise up to it.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Nagelsmann is tactically easily one of the best in the world, but as some have already mentioned, experience could very well be a problem. The reason why Klopp is so good are his man management abilities, even Nagelsmann himself said that managing a club is 30% tactics and 70% social competence.

That being said, I see a combination of Rangnick as DOF and any of the former renowned RB managers (Nagelsmann, Rose, Hasenhüttl) to be pretty much guaranteed success for any club that wants to get back on top. Rangnick in particular is a genius director despite probably being a c*nt of a man.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
You can totally discount the offside goal being offside, but it came from a rebound that actually hit the post/crossbar out of a very good scoring position. United were very lucky there. That along with the 100% chance for Forsberg, and the 3 goals of course, make me doubt the 1.3 xG.

Classical Mechanic

You can totally discount the offside goal being offside, but it came from a rebound that actually hit the post/crossbar out of a very good scoring position. United were very lucky there. That along with the 100% chance for Forsberg, and the 3 goals of course, make me doubt the 1.3 xG.

A penalty is 0.75 so there's no way Forserg's chance was a 1.

romufc

I am not a tactical genius but Ole literally played into Leipzig's game plan yesterday. How can you go into a game of this magnitude and be so naive.

Nagglesman has a way of playing where they overload the ball on one side and switch it to the other side. It happened time after time.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
While ignoring the fact that we've done this in almost every game this season. We should have been 3 down at HT

We've clawed back because we've had better players not because we have a superior coach
This. Individually we have vastly better players. They are better coached though.

TheGame

Only seen a few Leipzig matches however do they normally get exhausted in last third of a game due to their pressing? They played great football in the first half, it was great one touch stuff. I love his passion for the game as well as you can see it shines through. I have reservations whether he could handle bigger egos but that's with anyone inexperienced really. He has made Leipzig into an effective unit.