Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So by the “logic” on display after the first game he’s a genius now right?
To be fair, RBL are still 5-3 behind on aggregate, so he's still a complete and utter poser. Obviously.

Edit: 6-3! A complete, utter, total poser! Now 7-3! I'm out of words.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
United didn't start until the second half, Nagelsmann is similar to this current upcoming generation of managers, a good foundation and tactical nous, however they don't seem to be able to rectify too much when they are out under pressure.
I'd put Rose, Hassenhuttl and Nagelsmann in the same bracket for that.

Sanchez7

United didn't start until the second half, Nagelsmann is similar to this current upcoming generation of managers, a good foundation and tactical nous, however they don't seem to be able to rectify too much when they are out under pressure.
To be honest - his squad is no way near United's in terms of quality. Its a disgrace that we have lost to that team.

Nick7

We didn’t really do much in the second half. A joke of a penalty that never should have been given and a scrappy goal that can happen against any team. They were pretty much fully in control before that and we were stuck taking pot shots and they were fully in control after that for the most part.

Godfather

At least they are managers. I wouldn't put Ole in that category.

SuperiorXI

They're a good side but will be found out against better quality opposition (with a functional defence). They're very gung-ho and susceptible to the counter.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They're a good side but will be found out against better quality opposition (with a functional defence). They're very gung-ho and susceptible to the counter.
Tactically they're excellent, it's why they've made it through the group now and why they made the CL semi final last year, and why they are constantly in the top 3 in the bundesliga. But yes, eventually they'll come up against a team with both superior players (like what we have), but also half a clue tactically on how to utilize those superior players so they'll come undone.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Tactically they're excellent, it's why they've made it through the group now and why they made the CL semi final last year, and why they are constantly in the top 3 in the bundesliga. But yes, eventually they'll come up against a team with both superior players (like what we have), but also half a clue tactically on how to utilize those superior players so they'll come undone.
Agreed. Such a difference between us and them in how we attack. We are relying on individual brilliance while their whole team operates as a collective.

We had a whole half to get two goals and our tactics were to score from a penalty, free kick or corner.

If you switched managers, as in Ole was in charge of them and Nagglesman was in charge of us, we would have hammered them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@sammsky1 your thoughts? Genuinely curious, I don't mean this in a bad way.
Of course I recognise Nagelsmann as a very bright and charismatic coach. My previous trolling of him is obviously in support of Ole.

I still don’t understand how he tactically demolished Ole when we started out with 7 defensive players in our half, how did they create so much space on the wings for full backs to pass directly to each other?! perhaps you or @Adnan can explain! Whatever he did, it was masterful and bewildering and thoroughly unpleasant as a fan to see my team get mauled like that. It was like khabib had us in a deadly grip!

IF Ole leaves this year, Nagelsmann should be a strong candidate, though I’m still hesitant of his strength of character, given just how much scrutiny we are under and how vicious our fan base can be: can he handle that?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
To be honest - his squad is no way near United's in terms of quality. Its a disgrace that we have lost to that team.
Sorry, none of United's defenders come close to Konate and Upamecano.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The unfortunate bit is until the club hierarchy changes with proper football men in the football areas, the next manager will struggle as well. Woodward ain't giving up that control and spotlight anytime soon.

shahzy

:lol: Ive been on the lookout for that guy too. Luckily I stopped watching this team under a novice coach because like a sane person I could see this team was going nowhere months ago into last season. But always appreciate mental gymnastics

mu4c_20le

:lol: Ive been on the lookout for that guy too. Luckily I stopped watching this team under a novice coach because like a sane person I could see this team was going nowhere months ago into last season. But always appreciate mental gymnastics
What are you doing here then?

SuperiorXI

Yeah a really good team and I'm not ashamed to lose to them; they've done a great job to get through.

Irwin99

Would have been criminal if we had nicked that. Set his team up to exploit our full backs and boy did it work well. Don't think he'll win the CL with this team though.

mu4c_20le

Would have been criminal if we had nicked that. Set his team up to exploit our full backs and boy did it work well. Don't think he'll win the CL with this team though.
Would've been more impressive if he thumped us. As it stands, they barely scraped through, and their boys were crapping themselves at the end

Sanchez7

The unfortunate bit is until the club hierarchy changes with proper football men in the football areas, the next manager will struggle as well. Woodward ain't giving up that control and spotlight anytime soon.
I don't agree. Ole like previous managers have been backed by the club(maybe too much?) - he signed 3 of the starting defenders. Yes, we didn't get Sancho in the summer but with Covid not many clubs ex sugar daddy owned ones spent any money. It's time to stop the excuses. Liverpool's structure/heirachy was doubted before Klopp became manager. How is it that the same people who signed Benteke as Suarez's replacement suddenly started hitting gold with every signing under Klopp?

We need to stop with this whole 'united way' bollocks and make decisions based on results/performances. If a manager doesn't live up to high standards, we shouldn't lower our standards. instead the manager must be sacked. If Poch comes in and doesnt live up to it, then he too must be sacked. We constantly big ourselves as the biggest club in the world - maybe its time to hold our manager, players to that standard.

Sorry for derailing the thread but as others on here i am quite frustrated by the result.

Idxomer

No surprise the Ole supporters embarrassed themselves in this thread.

Godfather

No surprise the Ole supporters embarrassed themselves in this thread.
To be honest nobody embarrasses himself. Everyone's entitled to his opinion and there are certain quesitons marks over Nagelsmann. I do like him though.

OleBoiii

Let the other team's defenders hand you 3 goals on a silver platter and spend the remaining time doing tactical fouls and nearly bottling it. Genius.

Idxomer

To be honest nobody embarrasses himself. Everyone's entitled to his opinion and there are certain quesitons marks over Nagelsmann. I do like him though.
A lot of people were judging him through the 1st game they've seen of his team, you can't form an opinion based on that.

lsd

The Oracle
Still a fraud and a hipster tonight lads yeah?

Not as much as someone holding onto quotes from monthes ago but yeah he still nearly blew it against a rubbish team and is going nowhere fast in the knockout stages

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I still don’t understand how he tactically demolished Ole when we started out with 7 defensive players in our half, how did they create so much space on the wings for full backs to pass directly to each other?! perhaps you or @Adnan can explain! Whatever he did, it was masterful and bewildering and thoroughly unpleasant as a fan to see my team get mauled like that. It was like khabib had us in a deadly grip!
Nothing fancy or particularly innovative. He just had the 3 attackers constantly dropping in and out of defence and then crashing towards the middle in numbers or with overlapping inside deep runs by the midfielders, pulling your defenders into the middle so as to create lots of space behind and outside your wingbacks, then use switches to hit the free wingback on the run in behind

Truth be told, it was less about what they did and more about how utterly unprepared you were and Ole was waaaaay too slow to react and make adjustments

Nick7

Nothing fancy or particularly innovative. He just had the 3 attackers constantly dropping in and out of defence and then crashing towards the middle in numbers or with overlapping inside deep runs by the midfielders, pulling your defenders into the middle so as to create lots of space behind and outside your wingbacks, then use switches to hit the free wingback on the run in behind

Truth be told, it was less about what they did and more about how utterly unprepared you were and Ole was waaaaay too slow to react and make adjustments
Ole expected them to play as they did in the first leg where we could cover the middle of the pitch

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not as much as someone holding onto quotes from monthes ago but yeah he still nearly blew it against a rubbish team and is going nowhere fast in the knockout stages
Man Utd is a rubbish team?

mu4c_20le

Honestly I think Ole places way too much trust in his players. He very rarely makes early drastic tactical changes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When a team looks that lost and unprepared, it's the manager's fault, end of the story

In hindsight, Bruno's early nervousness, jawing at the ref and getting booked was probably a sign