June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Fair play to Hungary stepping up. Deserved win.

Still I think most of the players rather go out early and get extra rest than win nations league.
That is how much top players cares about it.
Yeah that is why France won the last competition no? Regardless of being important or no players at this level don't like to lose.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
When the English Ole starts fearing for his job, he'll go even more regressive.
He will never get fired. He is the FA’s politically correct mouth piece. There’s literally nothing offensive about such a bland man.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Because Rüdiger and Süle are the usual pairing with Flick and performed well in the matches before.
Kehrer - because he needs one of the fullback to slot in into a 3 at the back - our midfield is still missing a defensive 6...

For me Henrichs is more surprising...

I hope Musiala is starting against England.
Sülinho, Rüdiger and Schlotterbeck all played the wide CB role at club level. I know that Kehrer is theoretically a good tactical fit, but I rarely see him actually perform well.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah that is why France won the last competition no? Regardless of being important or no players at this level don't like to lose.
Well yes there is a difference between the league cup and CL. Of course you try and all teams want to win it, but the effort may not be 100% in a first round league cup game as it is for CL games.

Nations league is clearly like a friendly tournament compared to the big two.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fair play to Hungary stepping up. Deserved win.

Still I think most of the players rather go out early and get extra rest than win nations league.
That is how much top players cares about it.
Hungary didn't need to 'step up'. England were woeful.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He will never get fired. He is the FA’s politically correct mouth piece. There’s literally nothing offensive about such a bland man.
I never understood this, get someone who is a raging nationalist or a raging commie and people would be on his neck from the start, results be damned.
Of course they would go for someone inoffensive especially in a county where most of the highbrow media would use every opportunity to crack a joke at the expense of the evil Torrys and the newsletters call anything to the left of thatcher as communism.

Dan_F

i just switched on channel 4 post match and a lot of the chat was about bad crowd behaviour, specially booing players taking the knee.

Was that all it was?

Djemba-Djemba

I think pragmatism works better in international football but Southgate is too pragmatic.

We have the potential to be a much better side than we are.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
England play absolutely nothing like us under Ole. It’s always been one of the most fecking bonkers comparisons. We won 4 PL games by 3 goals or more and had a 60% win rate over 18 months going unbeaten away from home coming from behind numerous times. “Ole ball” was all about giving key individuals total freedom to take unlimited risks - hence the basketball feel to a lot of our games. England are the complete opposite - they’re totally fecking rigid. They don’t go behind very often - their entire MO is clean sheets and set-pieces - and when they do go behind they are totally devoid of ideas. We also played nothing like england this season either who literally always have men behind the ball with the 3-at-the back and 2 sitters in front formation. We most certainly didn’t have men behind the ball this season - our entire issue has been stopping transitions with gaps fecking everywhere. So in summary - What the sodding hell are you all talking about?

AndyMUFC

I mean, we're better than that for sure, that was awful but we're not the golden generation some people claim we are either. Bunch of good attacking players with a shit defence and a shit midfield.

Pintu

France didn't play well in the group stage. I remember them coming to Stockholm and playing it like a friendly, Mbappé bailed them out and they won 0-1, but Sweden was the better team. (Portugal did the same with 2 CR7 goals, I was at the stadium).. We finished the group last and got relegated to League B.

Once in the final 4, the big teams will take it seriously because they want the trophy. But the group stage is really just some glorified friendlies.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Well I have kept my head firmly down since Wed night but i can safely say that England are winning nothing.
Its my own fault for listening to Talksport while I work but the continued lovefest of Southgate and Lord Harry Kane makes me genuinely want to throw up at times.
They seriously believed today that Kane would have broken Rooney's record by the end of these 2 games.
Overhyped nonsense

CloneMC16

England play absolutely nothing like us under Ole. It’s always been one of the most fecking bonkers comparisons. We won 4 PL games by 3 goals or more and had a 60% win rate over 18 months going unbeaten away from home coming from behind numerous times. “Ole ball” was all about giving key individuals total freedom to take unlimited risks - hence the basketball feel to a lot of our games. England are the complete opposite - they’re totally fecking rigid. They don’t go behind very often - their entire MO is clean sheets and set-pieces - and when they do go behind they are totally devoid of ideas. We also played nothing like england this season either who literally always have men behind the ball with the 3-at-the back and 2 sitters in front formation. We most certainly didn’t have men behind the ball this season - our entire issue has been stopping transitions with gaps fecking everywhere. So in summary - What the sodding hell are you all talking about?
100% agree with everything you've said. They're absolutely nothing alike. People just don't like both and try and make out that they're the same.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
i just switched on channel 4 post match and a lot of the chat was about bad crowd behaviour, specially booing players taking the knee.

Was that all it was?
Think it was the fact they only let children and their teachers/guardians in. Not the usual crew.

Djemba-Djemba

Agree with this.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They don't enjoy loosing but having a set a semi friendly games at the end of a long season isn't the best way to have motivated players. A lot of them need to blow off some steam. The game is more and more intense, schedules are packed, they just don't need that on top of everything else.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
How on earth doesn't he give Abraham some minutes when chasing the result for half an hour?
That is sacrilege. Harry Kane has got records to break don't you know?
You crazy English fans just don't get it

RoyH1

Can't we do better than Southgate?
The FA is so conservative in it's thinking so I think that Southgate is safe no matter what.

England will never win a major tournament with him. They're wasting a great generation of players away.

NoPace

Yeah, Ole-ball would be more like this:

-----------------Kane----------------
Sterling---Grealish-----Saka
----------Phillips-Rice-----------
LB---Maguire-Stones-James
-----------------GK-------------------

No idea who he would play at LB with Chilwell out, and no take on Pickford vs Ramsdale. But Grealish as a #10 in a back and forth game, Saka wide and the 2 hardworking mids who don't go forward that well seem like pre-requisites for a comparison.

Reiver

I usually support whoever England are playing but the booing of the knee was a disgrace. As was the fact there was 30 odd thousand fans in there.

Dan_F

Think it was the fact they only let children and their teachers/guardians in. Not the usual crew.
Racists don’t have children? There’s literally no surprise in what happened, but also pundits choosing to talk about it now, after saying nothing about it happening at pretty much every non Premier League game (and a lot of premier league games) is shameful and doesn’t help at all.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Racists don’t have children? There’s literally no surprise in what happened, but also pundits choosing to talk about it now, after saying nothing about it happening at pretty much every non Premier League game (and a lot of premier league games) is shameful and doesn’t help at all.
Exactly. If the parents are racist in that country there is a chance their kids just might be.

Dan_F

Exactly. If the parents are racist in that country there is a chance their kids just might be.
But it wasn’t just kids was it? I’m assuming a parent could take their kid? I’m sure there must have still been thousands of adults.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sane has been terrible, so many bad controls that lead to possession being lost.

Finishing has been frustrating, Gnabry should have scored from his chance.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Gnabry maybe with the worst half of football I´ve ever seen from an individual player. Absolutely shocking.
Sane and Werner arent that much better, our whole offensive line cant keep the ball when pressed. Havertz missing so much in that regard.