June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Is scamacca supposed to be the future of italian football? He looks so clumsy

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Fun fact: Germany hasn't beaten Italy in the normal 90 minutes a single time in the major tournaments.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Do Germany not have better fullbacks than Kehrer? He is fecking crap
At LB there are Gosens, Raum and Halstenberg, all of whom I think are better players. The problem with Gosens and Raum is that they are more suited to playing LWB in a 5 man defense while Halstenberg has playing more as a CB lately than LB.

Fun fact: Germany hasn't beaten Italy in the normal 90 minutes a single time in the major tournaments.
Not fun at all

Huddsred

I usually support whoever England are playing but the booing of the knee was a disgrace. As was the fact there was 30 odd thousand fans in there.
You can thank UEFA for that. Instead of teaching Hungary's racist fans a lesson, their rules practically rewarded them.

Pintu

I can't see how they won't fix that come September. Italy seems to be so dreadful. A bunch of nobodies from bottom-half clubs.

Edit: not September. It is in 10 days.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I usually support whoever England are playing but the booing of the knee was a disgrace. As was the fact there was 30 odd thousand fans in there.
Where are you from to hate England so much.
:lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well yes there is a difference between the league cup and CL. Of course you try and all teams want to win it, but the effort may not be 100% in a first round league cup game as it is for CL games.

Nations league is clearly like a friendly tournament compared to the big two.
Of course it isn’t a big tournament but it’s important to measure your competitive level against good teams rather than playing rubbish games in the qualifiers against Andorra or Gibraltar, the notion England played crap because they don’t care is laughable, they played crap because they didn’t performed, no one was asking them to play as if they were on the World Cup.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I can't see how they won't fix that come September. Italy seems to be so dreadful. A bunch of nobodies from bottom-half clubs.
I don't know, it's become a curse at this point, some records just exist.
Also it was only a year ago when they became European champions, they're a bit shit now but they're not that bad.
Also with chiesa coming back they should go up a level or two.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
France didn't play well in the group stage. I remember them coming to Stockholm and playing it like a friendly, Mbappé bailed them out and they won 0-1, but Sweden was the better team. (Portugal did the same with 2 CR7 goals, I was at the stadium).. We finished the group last and got relegated to League B.

Once in the final 4, the big teams will take it seriously because they want the trophy. But the group stage is really just some glorified friendlies.
And nothing that you said has nothing to do with England or other teams losing, the notion that because it’s not the Euros or the World Cup they play like it’s glorified friendlies it’s a joke, even less in a year teams are preparing for the World Cup.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Hungary 3 pts
Germany 1 pt
Italy 1 pt
England 0 pts

Next: Germany v England, Italy v Hungary.
Tthe team that finish last in the group would be relegated to League B

Red the Bear

Something less generic
At LB there are Gosens, Raum and Halstenberg, all of whom I think are better players. The problem with Gosens and Raum is that they are more suited to playing LWB in a 5 man defense while Halstenberg has playing more as a CB lately than LB.

Not fun at all
Well it's fun for me :D

Pintu

I don't know, it's become a curse at this point, some records just exist.
Also it was only a year ago when they became European champions, they're a bit shit now but they're not that bad.
Also with chiesa coming back they should go up a level or two.
Chiesa won't be back in 10 days (I was wrong, the second leg in Germany is on the 14th of June).. And Chiesa won't be the only one missing from the team that won the Euros. Today the only Euro 2021 starter was Donnaruma.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They don't enjoy loosing but having a set a semi friendly games at the end of a long season isn't the best way to have motivated players. A lot of them need to blow off some steam. The game is more and more intense, schedules are packed, they just don't need that on top of everything else.
Sorry but in a year you have the World Cup you won’t prepare for that without these games, if they are so tired then don’t show up, certainly isn’t against Andorras or Gibraltar on the group stage of WC qualifiers that they will be ready to compete against South Americans, by the way the Danish players looked motivated, if the French players don’t motivate themselves to play that’s their problem. Less talk and play better.

Pintu

Hungary 3 pts
Germany 1 pt
Italy 1 pt
England 0 pts

Next: Germany v England, Italy v Hungary.
Tthe team that finish last in the group would be relegated to League B
Hungary and Italy to fight that one out.

And England is my favourite for the qualification. Germany are a great team, but they lack that killer instict.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Not sure about England.. I'd say: Denmark - Spain - Germany - Netherlands in the final four.
Next match between Germany and England might already kill Three-Lions-NT chances to win our group

alsabi

Last time England lost to Hungary, England won the next World Cup. It's coming home.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just the football team. Not England.
I don't think they're particularly unlikable to be honest, or at least any more unlikable than the other teams but I guess each to their own.
Chiesa won't be back in 10 days (I was wrong, the second leg in Germany is on the 14th of June).. And Chiesa won't be the only one missing from the team that won the Euros. Today the only Euro 2021 starter was Donnaruma.
Oh wow, you're right didn't notice how much he changed the team(to nitpick i think peligrini was also a starter).
Anyway I think the hype around Germany is a bit unjustified, flick is obviously a great coach but the players are nothing special to be honest, Italy will just edge out another draw.

Germany seems to be quite shit at finishing as well so we'll see.

Pintu

Oh wow, you're right didn't notice how much he changed the team(to nitpick i think peligrini was also a starter).
Pellegrini got injured just before the start of Euro2020 and he missed the competition. But I think Insigne would have started ahead of him either way.

Anyway I think the hype around Germany is a bit unjustified, flick is obviously a great coach but the players are nothing special to be honest, Italy will just edge out another draw.

Germany seems to be quite shit at finishing as well so we'll see.
Germany can count on the advantage of having many Bayern players available. Players who train and play together at the highest level all year.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Last time England lost to Hungary, England won the next World Cup. It's coming home.
No they didn't, unless you're going to win the one in 2034.
Edit: they did but it happened in the world cup so doesn't hold.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Pellegrini got injured just before the start of Euro2020 and he missed the competition. But I think Insigne would have started ahead of him either way.

Germany can count on the advantage of having many Bayern players available. Players who train and play together at the highest level all year.
Fair but I just don't see who puts them over the top, they don't have anyone half as good as Lewandowski .

Bayern themselves aren't doing terribly well at the moment either so I think I'm gonna stick to my gutta, let's see how it goes down.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
We can always count on our dear German friends for a soul lifting result, however dreadful Italian calcio is. :wenger:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
How is Gnonto for Italy, 18 years old?! He looks older than my dad when he was in his 40s!

Thought he was good tonight for Italy, though!
I would like to crack the age joke but I don't if it's appropriate.
He seemed to be a midget but I was impressed with his strength, also was involved in their goal.

Last edited:

Pintu

I would like to crack the age joke but I don't if it's appropriate.
He seemed to be a midget but I was impressed with his strength, alos was involved in their goal.
170 cm, that’s exactly the average male height in CIV, the country of his parents. But he is born in Italy and he could be the perfect Insigne replacement. Reminded me of another Italian “midget” (Giovinco).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
170 cm, that’s exactly the average male height in CIV, the country of his parents. But he is born in Italy and he could be the perfect Insigne replacement. Reminded me of another Italian “midget” (Giovinco).
Yeah he could have a bright future ahead of him, overall it was a rather tumescent game but I liked what I saw from this lad specifically.

Regarding his height he looked a tad shorter than 5'7(170) to be honest, maybe that's just due to the contrast with taller players.

E-mal

How is Gnonto for Italy, 18 years old?! He looks older than my dad when he was in his 40s!

Thought he was good tonight for Italy, though!
He looks very Young here, your father must be Benjamin Button to look younger.