June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

Mike Smalling

Both are likely to play as wing backs in a 3 at the back formation and they can run for days.
All I'm saying is, that we would be setting the bar extremely low if we went for a player like Kristensen. I love Mæhle because of how he performs for the national team, but I also feel like it has seriously inflated his reputation as a footballer. It's not my impression that he is really pulling up trees in Atalanta.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I couldn't do it. He sat the keeper down with a look and rolled it in.
Well fair enough but I assume you're not a professional footballer, I doubt anyone is over here.
But yeah it was decent I guess.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Nkunku, Saliba were good. Diaby very disappointing. Rabiot shit for 70 minutes good for 20. Griezmann arguably finished.
Nkunku did a lot of good things, Diaby might have secured a spot, Rabiot is definitely the new Matuidi for Deschamps.
Yeah I'm probably just expecting to much regarding them considering the hype these young French lads generate.
Nkunku was indeed dangerous even though he may not have been clinical enough.

Deschamps needs to change some things for the world cup , they won't go far if he insists with some of his niches, Griezmann for example as you said seems finished.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I'm probably just expecting to much regarding them considering the hype these young French lads generate.
Nkunku was indeed dangerous even though he may not have been clinical enough.

Deschamps needs to change some things for the world cup , they won't go far if he insists with some of his niches, Griezmann for example as you said seems finished.
One thing that no one can suggest is that Deschamps doesn't change things.

Lyng

All I'm saying is, that we would be setting the bar extremely low if we went for a player like Kristensen. I love Mæhle because of how he performs for the national team, but I also feel like it has seriously inflated his reputation as a footballer. It's not my impression that he is really pulling up trees in Atalanta.
His situation in Atalanta does seem weird, but I am not sure it's all on him.
He would be a massive upgrade on Dalot and AWB

Mike Smalling

6 points after two away games in the Nations League. We'll take it. No reason why we can't go on to win this group from here.

This also brings Hjulmand's win rate to exactly 70% after his first 30 games. Phenomenal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
6 points after two away games in the Nations League. We'll take it. No reason why we can't go on to win this group from here.

This also brings Hjulmand's win rate to exactly 70% after his first 30 games. Phenomenal.
Denmark are basically a runaway train at this point. Just a well oiled machine that keeps on delivering 8/10 performances in every game. They're one of the most stupidly consistent teams I've seen in the least 2 years.

Very adaptable too. They transition from a low block, defensive approach to a slick possession based dominant approach from game to game depending on the opponent. Hjulmand is one hell of a manager.

Mike Smalling

Denmark are basically a runaway train at this point. Just a well oiled machine that keeps on delivering 8/10 performances in every game. They're one of the most stupidly consistent teams I've seen in the least 2 years.

Very adaptable too. They transition from a low block, defensive approach to a slick possession based dominant approach from game to game depending on the opponent. Hjulmand is one hell of a manager.
I generally agree, but to be fair this was more of a 4/10 performance with lots of luck and poor finishing by Austria. It's just that the team now has that killer mentality to go and win these games, where the opponent doesn't take their chances.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

It really is. The way he’s made us a winning team while also playing very decent football is incredible.

Also just the whole atmosphere around the team where we now have big screen events and a sold out Parken for what are basically glorified friendlies.

I do wonder what’s next for him when he likely moves on after the WC.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I generally agree, but to be fair this was more of a 4/10 performance with lots of luck and poor finishing by Austria. It's just that the team now has that killer mentality to go and win these games, where the opponent doesn't take their chances.
But he's made it so even the poor games are generally not that bad. He's raised the floor of the team to a pretty good level that tonight's performance is likely the worst level we'll ever see under Hjulmand and you still won the game.

Mike Smalling

It really is. The way he’s made us a winning team while also playing very decent football is incredible.

Also just the whole atmosphere around the team where we now have big screen events and a sold out Parken for what are basically glorified friendlies.

I do wonder what’s next for him when he likely moves on after the WC.
Yeah, not sure what he will do next. No reason he won’t stay around though. I feel like this is also a case of the job just fitting him perfectly. He has a special bond with the players, and his leadership style and mentality fits this group of players to a tee - I’m not sure how well it would translate into a multinational squad with potentially difficult characters.

His tactical skills can’t be denied though. He has made some of the better in game adjustments I have seen, and he is decisive with his subs.

He would probably do well in the Bundesliga if he were to leave the job. Not sure he is cut out for the PL.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, not sure what he will do next. No reason he won’t stay around though. I feel like this is also a case of the job just fitting him perfectly. He has a special bond with the players, and his leadership style and mentality fits this group of players to a tee - I’m not sure how well it would translate into a multinational squad with potentially difficult characters.

His tactical skills can’t be denied though. He has made some of the better in game adjustments I have seen, and he is decisive with his subs.

He would probably do well in the Bundesliga if he were to leave the job. Not sure he is cut out for the PL.
The fact that Mainz chose him to continue the work Klopp and then Tuchel had done spoke volumes. Granted it didn't work out there but they saw something in him that he's now shown in abundance for Denmark.

Mike Smalling

But he's made it so even the poor games are generally not that bad. He's raised the floor of the team to a pretty good level that tonight's performance is likely the worst level we'll ever see under Hjulmand and you still won the game.
Sure. There are also plenty of reasons why this game was tricky. Long delay of kick-off, end of season with all players tired, both starting CBs gone, a pretty decent Austria side, etc. Never expected a brilliant showing, so the win was down to the mentality.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
France is really missing Pogba, they lack creativity without him in the midfield.

Kinda worrying that they don't have someone who can replace Pogba properly when he is unavailable, Touchameni is good but doesn't have the creativity of Pogba going forward (not for France at least), and he can't play along Kante cause they are the same type of player.

For all the talent France has produced in defense and attack, seems weird that they haven't found a proper back up for Pogba.
What are they gonna do if Paul gets injured in the WC? They have looked lackluster when Pogba wasn't available.

RoyH1

He would probably do well in the Bundesliga if he were to leave the job
. Not sure he is cut out for the PL.
I think one of the big Dutch clubs could also be a good fit for him down the line.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The fact that Mainz chose him to continue the work Klopp and then Tuchel had done spoke volumes. Granted it didn't work out there but they saw something in him that he's now shown in abundance for Denmark.

Jesus ... are you his spokesperson? :lol:

How does Mainz, at the time a somewhat poor midtable club, appointing him as coach speak volumes? They also picked Jörn Andersen (you may recognize him from his work in North Korea and Hong Kong) to follow up Klopp.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus ... are you his spokesperson? :lol:

How does Mainz, at the time a somewhat poor midtable club, appointing him as coach speak volumes? They also picked Jörn Andersen (you may recognize him from his work in North Korea and Hong Kong) to follow up Klopp.
Yes forgive me for making a couple of posts about a manger I rate. What a crime.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yes forgive me for making a couple of posts about a manger I rate. What a crime.
It's not that you express your appreciation, it's that you make getting appointed by Mainz sound like some coaching knighthood and make them sound like the best team in Europe after they have just gotten two fairly fortunate wins from games where they were mostly outplayed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's not that you express your appreciation, it's that you make getting appointed by Mainz sound like some coaching knighthood and make them sound like the best team in Europe after they have just gotten two fairly fortunate wins from games where they were mostly outplayed.
I may have over-egged that part but it felt like big shoes for him to fill after Tuchel left and an important moment in his career. His work with Denmark since then has been nothing short of remarkable and pointing that out doesn't make his fecking spokesperson ffs :lol:

Lyng

It proves that even in a match where they are struggling they get wins, something that has been missing in the Danish team since forever.
Praising Hjulmand is not just based on those two matches but his entire time with Denmark and he has absolutely been among the best international managers in that time.

Blackwidow

Seven England fans were arrested in Munich prior to the game.
3 for showing the Nazi salute. The other arrests included two for inciting police, one for using a flare indoors and another for urinating in public.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61719764?at_custom4=B9F4D130-E666-11EC-9C66-EC2B16F31EAE&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=[post+type]

The Guardian has an article about problems with England fans, too

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rrested-munich-nazi-salutes-hotel-room-damage

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund