June internationals (WC qualifiers and Nations League)

Pintu

It is the same as Hungary's behind closed door game.
There is an exception to UEFA’s BCD rules. Non-paying kids under 14 are allowed. Hungary abused the system and gathered many children. Around 30K. I think England’s crowed tonight is barley 3k.

Abraxas

England have started decently, to their credit. Ward-Prowse looking solid.

Teja

Rice is actually proper good these days. Maguire has had a decent game too.

Paul_Scholes18

I am backing Netherlands again to win. Looks like I will lose my third bet in a row. Damn nations league.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Timo Werner spends more time being offside than Ozils eyes.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Grealish to you is what Rice is to me. Don't get it at all.
Meh, I can Rice as a solid CM but I don't think he's a generational talent that will dominate English Football from the midfield. He's not Gerrard/Lampard etc.

Grealish just tries to win fouls. He's not quick enough and his dribbling isn't that great. Can't finish, average passer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Meh, I can Rice as a solid CM but I don't think he's a generational talent that will dominate English Football from the midfield. He's not Gerrard/Lampard etc.

Grealish just tries to win fouls. He's not quick enough and his dribbling isn't that great. Can't finish, average passer.
He'll be better next season once he's had a year to get on cycle at City..

Teja

He'll be better next season once he's had a year to get on cycle at City..
Think Sterling, Gundo, KdB, Mahrez, Bilva etc are just straight up better than him. Now they added Haaland, so that's one less attacking spot in the side.

If Barca manage to get Bilva then maybe he has a chance.

Teja

You can see the difference between a guy like JWP (a solid, all-round CM) and Rice. Rice is a level above.

Carl

Think Sterling, Gundo, KdB, Mahrez, Bilva etc are just straight up better than him. Now they added Haaland, so that's one less attacking spot in the side.

If Barca manage to get Bilva then maybe he has a chance.
Was just a PED joke dude.. :wenger:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
James is having a good games.

Southgate's fascination with Trippier is interesting. Are there no LBs worth giving a go beyond Shaw and Chilwell?

Abraxas

I think with Grealish he only really does anything once he has the run on a defender one v one. That's when he looks threatening.

But Italy are playing it smart. He's ineffective in deep areas so they allow him to drop there, and he's never going to beat you in behind.

Possibly/probably why Southgate uses him off the bench in this England setup. Better against tiring defences that give up 1 v 1s.

Carl

You can see the difference between a guy like JWP (a solid, all-round CM) and Rice. Rice is a level above.
JWP has more to his game than Rice. Rice obviously much better at that holding role than JWP though.

RoyH1

He’s a like a fitter Isco with worse hair

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I think with Grealish he only really does anything once he has the run on a defender one v one. That's when he looks threatening.

But Italy are playing it smart. He's ineffective in deep areas so they allow him to drop there, and he's never going to beat you in behind.

Possibly/probably why Southgate uses him off the bench in this England setup. Better against tiring defences that give up 1 v 1s.
Meh even 1 v 1 I don't think he's that threatening.

cj_sparky

James is having a good games.

Southgate's fascination with Trippier is interesting. Are there no LBs worth giving a go beyond Shaw and Chilwell?
James Justin was poor against Hungary.

Tyrick Mitchell, Matt Targett or Aaron Cresswell.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

Yeah, I mean, Pellegrini is half the player yet double the threat, if you want consistency… but Grealish may always come up with one successful run and score or assist a tap in.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I think he is, he made a difference attacking defenders the other night for example. Put one on a plate for Kane really. It's a bit one dimensional though because he never runs beyond a defender.
Players should be really wise to him. Very one footed, wants to go back inside of the pitch. Just body shape him back into the middle of the pitchm