Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Can play Cb, Rb and CM. Could be a very useful addition to the squad where we have so many holes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’d rather we get DeLigt or Torres
Can't speak for Torres but I'm already more impressed by Timber than I ever was with De Ligt. I've watched a lot of Juventus these past two seasons and, whilst good, I don't see him as anything special like I do with Timber.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Do coaches from all countries bring boatloads of countrymen with them everywhere, or is it mostly a Dutch disease?
No, it's universal, although Koeman took it to extremes.

Clasie, Klaassen, Dest, what was he on? :lol:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I’m sold on him. Pace and technique? Exactly what we need.

A big question mark for foreign players is how they will adapt to a new manager / tactics, but playing under the same manager should negate that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No, it's universal, although Koeman took it to extremes.

Clasie, Klaassen, Dest, what was he on? :lol:
Dont forget Cuco Martina, he brought him everywhere. Well, not Barca, that was a bridge too far for even him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pep will buy him in a year or 2.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ten Hag will get in his ear

Cman

He reiterated that he wants to stay at Ajax for atleast 1 more year because he can play CL. So i'm sure it's out of the question that he'll move here.
Given we already have a good relationship with Ajax and we could now possibly improve it. I’m wondering if we would look to buy him and loan him back to Ajax for the season.
Assuming Ten Hagg rates him highly enough it could be a win all round. He gets CL football next year and another year to develop at club he’s comfortable with before joining up with his previous manager who he clearly respects.
Ajax get to hold onto him for another year and get a cash boast for this years transfers and we get the player with another years development.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The way he turns on the ball under pressure reminds me of De Jong. A CB version of him. Who also, in terms of the way they carry the ball and turn, remind me of the great Beckenbauer:

Cathy Ferguson

Given we already have a good relationship with Ajax and we could now possibly improve it. I’m wondering if we would look to buy him and loan him back to Ajax for the season.
Assuming Ten Hagg rates him highly enough it could be a win all round. He gets CL football next year and another year to develop at club he’s comfortable with before joining up with his previous manager who he clearly respects.
Ajax get to hold onto him for another year and get a cash boast for this years transfers and we get the player with another years development.
We can't spend 50m on a player and then loan him out when we need to buy 6 new players in a window. Maybe we can ease him in at RB which is another glaring hole in our team.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The way he turns on the ball under pressure reminds me of De Jong. A CB version of him. Who also, in terms of the way they carry the ball and turn, remind me of the great Beckenbauer:

Don't you think that's maybe too high of a praise....

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't you think that's maybe too high of a praise....
Not really. I'm not saying either are as good as Beckenbauer. He may be the most complete player I've ever seen. I'm merely talking about how one aspect of their games is reminiscent of him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not really. I'm not saying either are as good as Beckenbauer. He may be the most complete player I've ever seen. I'm merely talking about how one aspect of their games is reminiscent of him.
I hope your right in case we do get him, honestly I haven't seen enough of ajax to form my own opinions on so I'll go by yours.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I hope your right in case we do get him, honestly I haven't seen enough of ajax to form my own opinions on so I'll go by yours.
Ha, don't trust me, mate! Sure, I've got some right, but I've got plenty wrong!

I am sold on this chap, though. Those turns I was talking about were something he had no problem doing under pressure in his own half away at Dortmund in the champions league. If he has the confidence and ability to do that already at that level, I'm all for him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ha, don't trust me, mate! Sure, I've got some right, but I've got plenty wrong!

I am sold on this chap, though. Those turns I was talking about were something he had no problem doing under pressure in his own half away at Dortmund in the champions league. If he has the confidence and ability to do that already at that level, I'm all for him.
It's a bit different playing for ajax compared to here though, he may have it he may not.

I doubt he would come here anyway, the lad wants European football and we can't afford him that unfortunately.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He just said that to kill all the speculation during a title run in. He could easily be ETH first signing.
:lol: Love the optimism. I don't know what you base it on, but it would be fantastic if it were a smokescreen, although I'm 99.9% sure it isn't.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It would probably be a smart decision on his part to stay another season and cement himself with the next step up. Though who knows with all the change Ajax will have. The PL at 20 is a big step from the Eredivisie. He has the talent for sure though and staying with the same coach would help more than anything. It's a bit funny/annoying but all our main targets is probably just bad timing this summer. Antony and Timber normally would stay 1 more year before leaving with the good will of all at Ajax, but also to cement themselves more in that environment. Rice isn't leaving before 2024 probably because of the price and West Ham actually being decent right now. Darwin has only just exploded this season after previously being a nobody. You like to see more than 1 season before splashing on someone like that. There is noise with De Jong but he's probably another season away from moving still, as I don't think they'll move on from him so soon or commit to Pedri/Gavi at their ages 100% just yet, so 2023 is more likely. Tchouameni is probably right on time to move this summer but seems like a CL only sort of situation.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

Next up, Olivier Aertssen:

Strootman's Finger

It's a bit different playing for ajax compared to here though, he may have it he may not.

I doubt he would come here anyway, the lad wants European football and we can't afford him that unfortunately.
He's a 19 year old CB, he's got 12 to 15 years of european football ahead of him, missing one season isn't the end of the world

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's a 19 year old CB, he's got 12 to 15 years of european football ahead of him, missing one season isn't the end of the world
While that's true who do you think he will choose , a well organized club with European football, or one in jeopardy and without it?

r0663664

Worships Man City
Good idea but we need players. He is young and unlikely Ajax will win championship with or without ETH. Hopefully ETH convince him into joining us.

Status
Not open for further replies.