g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Just me or...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
..does everything seem a bit lazy and late with the World Cup at the minute?

Squads seem to be announced and chopped down to 23 really late.

Kits are only just finished being released for whatever reason.

Even the World Cup game has only just come out and it's a bit half arsed too.

Seems like hardly anyone is that arsed with it this year?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The world cup song put me off. Hoping the pretty ladies in the crowd don't disappoint :D

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Chill man. Just almost 12 days to go. I reckon there's less hype this year cause the transfer window opens early this year and the Champions League final was just a week ago. Come 14th June, World Cup fever will be on.

OldSchoolManc

I can’t remember ever being not that bothered whatsoever about the World Cup.
If anything, it’s a bit of a distraction to fill the gap until the next season.
Not sure if it’s years and years of over hyped England teams failing miserably or a seeing a bunch of overpaid, self serving millionaires, promoting their own brand.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'm fecking hyped! Can't wait for it. I'm feeding my WC cravings with some fantasy football preparation :drool:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Indeed, it doesn't feel like a World cup is starting soon.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Chill man. Just almost 12 days to go. I reckon there's less hype this year cause the transfer window opens early this year and the Champions League final was just a week ago. Come 14th June, World Cup fever will be on.
There's always a CL final approx 3 weeks before each world cup...

diarm

I would say it's because most countries who host a world cup are keen to drum up excitement, to welcome and entice people from all over the world to watch, visit and be a part of their world cup. That is what we are used to.

Russia are just that bit more insular, suspicious and... well Russian.

They haven't really drummed up a fuss, haven't sold it all that well and haven't made the rest of the world feel all that welcome to their show.

DancingPanda

You can literally put the TV on any channel, and feel the hype! Watching the WC 1990 right now (Milla is dancing, another classic :D). I am very exited tbh, mostly because my football interest has grown again since the last WC.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I actually feel the same way. Brazil 2014 had way more hype beforehand.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I can’t remember ever being not that bothered whatsoever about the World Cup.
If anything, it’s a bit of a distraction to fill the gap until the next season.
Not sure if it’s years and years of over hyped England teams failing miserably or a seeing a bunch of overpaid, self serving millionaires, promoting their own brand.
Complete opposite for me.

After the awful Sevilla performance I was just crying out for the season to finish. Can watch the world and enjoy it without much disapointment. And not particularly enthused about next season either.

SER19

Anybody not feeling it yet should go by the world soccer preview magazine and have a read. That always gets the hype going

Josep Dowling

Well no one thinks we have a hope of even performing well let alone win it.

I think the fact it’s in Russia hasn’t helped either!

klsv

Always like this for me. Not feeling it but before i know it, I'm getting crazy excited about matches like Panama vs Tunisia.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
..does everything seem a bit lazy and late with the World Cup at the minute?

Squads seem to be announced and chopped down to 23 really late.

Kits are only just finished being released for whatever reason.

Even the World Cup game has only just come out and it's a bit half arsed too.

Seems like hardly anyone is that arsed with it this year?
It's actually starting a bit later aswell.

2002 World cup started Friday May 31st......2006 was on Friday 9th June. 2010 was 11th June and last one started 12th.

This will be the latest starting World cup for quite some time and for those teams that reached the later stages it will be very short Holidays as premier league starts as usual in middle of August.

Zoo

Past 2 tournaments were in South Africa and Brazil which added extra intrigue and excitement. Russia is pretty meh.

pauldyson1uk

Always hyped for a WC. Watch most of the games.
The past 2 have been pretty bad, South Africa one of the worst I can remember since the first one I remember in Argentina.
Don't get caught up in the England hype, never expect them to do well.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Always hyped for a WC. Watch most of the games.
The past 2 have been pretty bad, South Africa one of the worst I can remember since the first one I remember in Argentina.
Don't get caught up in the England hype, never expect them to do well.
What? 2014 was awesome.

walkinhop

Complete opposite for me.

After the awful Sevilla performance I was just crying out for the season to finish. Can watch the world and enjoy it without much disapointment. And not particularly enthused about next season either.
I'm in the same boat. Not sure even my favorite signing coming through would change my mind, so the cup is a positive.

Trizy

What? 2014 was awesome.
Indeed. Brazil to win the tournament was written in the stars and the game against Germany was suppose to be good with Brazil progressing.

The the big industrial, efficient German machine rocked up and complete dominate them without mercy, breaking millions of local hearts.. glorious!! :drool:

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think the fact that it is Russia doesn't help.

Wait for the winter world cup in Qatar now that will be a strange one.

Cloud7

This is the least hyped World Cup I can remember in my life. In 2014, the excitement was palpable from the second the season was over.

By comparison, I actually forget sometimes that the World Cup is in 2 weeks. It’s not been hyped up at all, there haven’t been any cool commercials like Nike always do before a World Cup, there isn’t a catchy soundtrack released etc, it all just seems, much less than you’ve come to expect.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
This is the least hyped World Cup I can remember in my life. In 2014, the excitement was palpable from the second the season was over.

By comparison, I actually forget sometimes that the World Cup is in 2 weeks. It’s not been hyped up at all, there haven’t been any cool commercials like Nike always do before a World Cup, there isn’t a catchy soundtrack released etc, it all just seems, much less than you’ve come to expect.
An official world cup song has been released. It just sucks.

Plus England have not released a world cup song this time

Cloud7

An official world cup song has been released. It just sucks.

Plus England have not released a world cup song this time
That’s why I specified the word catchy mate :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
World Cup of quidditch in Florence coming up. That's the only world cup being played this summer, right? Right?!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
My brother has got pure WC fever, even to the point where he was massively hyped for the England friendly yesterday. I'm getting there, but mainly because I'm sick of United than anything else.

izec

I think some of you are just bored of United and got football sucked out cant get excited by the world cup. Russia as an isolated and suspicious location for western countries plays a role too. I for one cant wait