Justin Timberlake & Alan Smith, Best of Friends?

H10

Huseyin 10
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE has revealed he is a massive Manchester United fan – after developing an unlikely friendship with striker ALAN SMITH.

The American singer-turned-actor went to watch the Reds lift the Premiership trophy at the end of the season.

Justin, 26, who has been playing to sell-out crowds around the UK and Europe, bumped into Smith at Manchester’s trendy Lowry Hotel a few months ago — and they have been pals ever since.

The star explained: “I’m a Red! I’m mates with Smithy so he’s my favourite player but RONALDO doesn’t suck either, he’s awesome. I really like ROONEY too.

“Smithy hooked me up with some tickets so I went to watch the home game against West Ham.”

It was Utd’s last game of the season, where they went on to lift the Premiership trophy despite a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.

Justin explained: “It was kind of fun to see a game that didn’t matter because all the fans cared about was the Premiership cup being presented after the game.”

That night, Smithy and team-mates Wayne Rooney and MICHAEL CARRICK went to watch Justin’s Manchester show.

Justin, who had one of the biggest-selling UK albums last year with FutureSex/LoveSounds, also knows DAVID BECKHAM.

And he reckons the former Real Madrid star will have his work cut out convincing Americans to fall in love with soccer.

He said: “I may go and check him out at LA Galaxy but it won’t be like watching Man Utd.

“They are definitely plucking from the top to get some interest in America but I don’t know, man, we have our own football too.”

Justin, who was raised in Memphis, Tennessee, has almost become an honorary Brit after spending so much time here.

As well as bringing his world tour to the UK, he has been promoting a series of movies — the latest being Shrek The Third.

In it, Justin lends his voice to the rebellious Artie, who is reluctant to become ruler of Far Far Away when King Harold dies. The film also features the voices of MIKE MYERS (Shrek), EDDIE MURPHY (Donkey), ANTONIO BANDERAS (Puss In Boots) and Justin’s real-life ex-girlfriend CAMERON DIAZ, who voices Princess Fiona, Shrek’s wife.

Cam and Justin showed there were no hard feelings when they cuddled up at the London premiere for Shrek The Third earlier this month.

He is now rumoured to be dating actress JESSICA BIEL but has refused to confirm they are an item. I hear it’s nothing serious.

Because of his years of interview experience, Justin is good at dancing around questions he does not want to answer.

He started out as a child star who shot to fame alongside BRITNEY SPEARS and CHRISTINA AGUILERA on US TV show Disney Club.

He went on to be part of the hugely successful boyband NSYNC before branching out on his own.

But his school days do not bring back all good memories.

Justin explains: “I was an outcast because I was interested in music. I was an average kid until I figured out I liked the stage. It’s funny because I’ve been exposed to a lot, being in the business, but I’ve also actually been pretty sheltered and taken care of.”

Life these days is spent going from hotel to hotel and venue to venue in blacked-out vehicles, accompanied by bodyguards.

And while Justin never complains about the luxury his career affords him, he does sometimes wish he could do more normal things.

He says: “The one thing I do really regret that I never got to do is take a backpacking trip for a year around the world.”

Justin, who has sold 14million albums as a solo artist, recently worked with pop queen MADONNA on her new album with producer TIMBALAND.

I asked if Madonna’s fearsome reputation was deserved. He replied: “I didn’t find that she was a slave-driver — she’s just a workhorse. I admire that.”

Justin shot the video for new single LoveStoned on the outskirts of Manchester and has been spending down time watching football or playing golf. He explains: “When I’m on tour I do a seven-day week.

“It’s nice to break up the monotony of doing arenas every night.

“That’s why I get excited about places like Dublin and London, because I get time to hang and play golf.”

Justin is obsessed with golf after catching the bug from dad Randy. When I asked his handicap, he joked: “It’s usually my dad, but I play to a six right now.

“My dad was always a big golfer and I just went out on tour about five years ago and hit one good shot off the tee and I was hooked.

“I love being outdoors and it just became something I could do to get outside and not feel like I was a machine — and then I just got hooked on the game.”

Number7

Ret's Slave
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE has revealed he is a massive Manchester United fan – after developing an unlikely friendship with striker ALAN SMITH.

The American singer-turned-actor went to watch the Reds lift the Premiership trophy at the end of the season.

Justin, 26, who has been playing to sell-out crowds around the UK and Europe, bumped into Smith at Manchester’s trendy Lowry Hotel a few months ago — and they have been pals ever since.

The star explained: “I’m a Red! I’m mates with Smithy so he’s my favourite player but RONALDO doesn’t suck either, he’s awesome. I really like ROONEY too.

“Smithy hooked me up with some tickets so I went to watch the home game against West Ham.”

It was Utd’s last game of the season, where they went on to lift the Premiership trophy despite a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.

Justin explained: “It was kind of fun to see a game that didn’t matter because all the fans cared about was the Premiership cup being presented after the game.”

That night, Smithy and team-mates Wayne Rooney and MICHAEL CARRICK went to watch Justin’s Manchester show.

Justin, who had one of the biggest-selling UK albums last year with FutureSex/LoveSounds, also knows DAVID BECKHAM.

And he reckons the former Real Madrid star will have his work cut out convincing Americans to fall in love with soccer.

He said: “I may go and check him out at LA Galaxy but it won’t be like watching Man Utd.

“They are definitely plucking from the top to get some interest in America but I don’t know, man, we have our own football too.”

Justin, who was raised in Memphis, Tennessee, has almost become an honorary Brit after spending so much time here.

As well as bringing his world tour to the UK, he has been promoting a series of movies — the latest being Shrek The Third.

In it, Justin lends his voice to the rebellious Artie, who is reluctant to become ruler of Far Far Away when King Harold dies. The film also features the voices of MIKE MYERS (Shrek), EDDIE MURPHY (Donkey), ANTONIO BANDERAS (Puss In Boots) and Justin’s real-life ex-girlfriend CAMERON DIAZ, who voices Princess Fiona, Shrek’s wife.

Cam and Justin showed there were no hard feelings when they cuddled up at the London premiere for Shrek The Third earlier this month.

He is now rumoured to be dating actress JESSICA BIEL but has refused to confirm they are an item. I hear it’s nothing serious.

Because of his years of interview experience, Justin is good at dancing around questions he does not want to answer.

He started out as a child star who shot to fame alongside BRITNEY SPEARS and CHRISTINA AGUILERA on US TV show Disney Club.

He went on to be part of the hugely successful boyband NSYNC before branching out on his own.

But his school days do not bring back all good memories.

Justin explains: “I was an outcast because I was interested in music. I was an average kid until I figured out I liked the stage. It’s funny because I’ve been exposed to a lot, being in the business, but I’ve also actually been pretty sheltered and taken care of.”

Life these days is spent going from hotel to hotel and venue to venue in blacked-out vehicles, accompanied by bodyguards.

And while Justin never complains about the luxury his career affords him, he does sometimes wish he could do more normal things.

He says: “The one thing I do really regret that I never got to do is take a backpacking trip for a year around the world.”

Justin, who has sold 14million albums as a solo artist, recently worked with pop queen MADONNA on her new album with producer TIMBALAND.

I asked if Madonna’s fearsome reputation was deserved. He replied: “I didn’t find that she was a slave-driver — she’s just a workhorse. I admire that.”

Justin shot the video for new single LoveStoned on the outskirts of Manchester and has been spending down time watching football or playing golf. He explains: “When I’m on tour I do a seven-day week.

“It’s nice to break up the monotony of doing arenas every night.

“That’s why I get excited about places like Dublin and London, because I get time to hang and play golf.”

Justin is obsessed with golf after catching the bug from dad Randy. When I asked his handicap, he joked: “It’s usually my dad, but I play to a six right now.

“My dad was always a big golfer and I just went out on tour about five years ago and hit one good shot off the tee and I was hooked.

“I love being outdoors and it just became something I could do to get outside and not feel like I was a machine — and then I just got hooked on the game.”
He'll be a Pompey/Boro/Newcastle fan next year then