Juventus accused of false accounting by Italian prosecutors | UEFA kick Juve out of Conference League

avgp_1

Vlahovic, Chiesa, Di Maria, Kostic, Pogba are their only good players.. EPL big6 (Manchester United included) should be all over them if in need..
Like the look of their young midfielders Miretti and Rovella, though perhaps they would be looking to hold onto these guys and sell the older ones if ever the need comes to be.

OmarUnited4ever

Juventus did not get relegated, just docked points, the players, especially those tied to a long term contracts will remain unless huge offers that Juve can't refuse comes in, (for example 100M for Vlahovic or Cheisa) they won't sell their players for cheap.

probably those on the last year of their contracts will leave, or maybe sold this window for a low fee.

Arlo

Juventus did not get relegated, just docked points, the players, especially those tied to a long term contracts will remain unless huge offers that Juve can't refuse comes in, (for example 100M for Vlahovic or Cheisa) they won't sell their players for cheap.

probably those on the last year of their contracts will leave, or maybe sold this window for a low fee.
Exactly. Missing out on European football for a season isn't going to lead to a mass exodus and a fire sale of all their best players. Some of their big names stayed on when they got relegated, so a points reduction penalty isn't going to change much.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Yeah, unless there's something I'm missing, I don't see where all the fire sale talk is coming from. Even with the points deduction, they're bang midtable, in the same spot as Chelsea and Liverpool currently are in the PL, and there's hardly talk of them suddenly having to clear everybody out.

Even when they actually got relegated and had to sell a good few stars, they still kept Buffon, Chiellini, Del Piero, Nedved, Trezeguet etc and were back up and in the CL spots again the next season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Most shameless club in Europe or in top 5 leagues? If not most then should be up there with the one of the worst.

Mainoldo

If you read into it. Todd Boehly might want to rethink his transfer strategy.

Canagel

Are some posters really that stupid and thick????

take Pogba back?
He won't leave anyway. He turned down more money and better teams to go to Juve in the first place.

If the appeal is rejected the only high profile sale I can see is Vlahovic.

Idxomer

Most shameless club in Europe or in top 5 leagues? If not most then should be up there with the one of the worst.
Yes with Chelsea, City, Atletico and Barca. The difference is they get caught more than the others.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Yeah, unless there's something I'm missing, I don't see where all the fire sale talk is coming from. Even with the points deduction, they're bang midtable, in the same spot as Chelsea and Liverpool currently are in the PL, and there's hardly talk of them suddenly having to clear everybody out.

Even when they actually got relegated and had to sell a good few stars, they still kept Buffon, Chiellini, Del Piero, Nedved, Trezeguet etc and were back up and in the CL spots again the next season.
They have another case which could result in further penalties as far as I am aware. This one is for plusvalenza, there is another one for tax fraud.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: Are they fecking shameless or what? Fergie was right, always check under the sauce.

But on a serious note, the lengths they will go to, to stay competitive in the modern game are insane. Just accept the landscape has changed and stop trying to be a European heavyweight for a while.

cyberman

They have another case which could result in further penalties as far as I am aware. This one is for plusvalenza, there is another one for tax fraud.
This slap down only involves crimes that they found while investigating more serious allegations.
They’re fecked. This is just a warm up

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Spoiler: They'll win the appeal.
Yeah, the sport justice system in Italy is basically a voluntary, private agreement all clubs enter in order to have quick solutions to issues… which basically means it is enacted like estate controversies at best, or Iran-like trials at worst, just depending on the mood of the customers (aka: the fans community) and the judges themselves (who are in many cases fans as well, and previously employed at clubs). Half a day, after lunch and however complex the matter or impactful in terms of €€€, a totally subjective, immediately enabled and irrevocable decision is made. If anything comes in the future from ordinary appeals, who cares.

The irony is in 2023 Juventus is the only solvent big club in Italy, if anything because they put €700m real money from investors into the system in the last three years, practically covering the ar*e of Serie A in full. Inter are broke, Milan have a strict zero net spending policy, Napoli are dodgy as feck, Roma and Lazio are pretty limited because Rome is Rome and politics play an eternal, parochial derby.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
The irony is in 2023 Juventus is the only solvent big club in Italy, if anything because they put €700m real money from investors into the system in the last three years, practically covering the ar*e of Serie A in full. Inter are broke, Milan have a strict zero net spending policy, Napoli are dodgy as feck, Roma and Lazio are pretty limited because Rome is Rome and politics play an eternal, parochial derby.
TBF, everyone knows it's the biggest problem in Italian football now atm. It affects the chance of winning UCL from the Italian clubs. Milan's financial situation isn't on the level of competing in European competitions like the knockout-UCL round. It becomes more difficult and difficult to see Italian clubs win the UCL competition.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Every time I read shit like this about Juventus I get unreasonably mad they still have the 1996 CL cup and that it wasn't awarded to us so we would have 5 instead of four now. We deserved that damn CL title that year.

Arlo

Every time I read shit like this about Juventus I get unreasonably mad they still have the 1996 CL cup and that it wasn't awarded to us so we would have 5 instead of four now. We deserved that damn CL title that year.
Was there anything dodgy about them at the time that would merit that?

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah, the sport justice system in Italy is basically a voluntary, private agreement all clubs enter in order to have quick solutions to issues… which basically means it is enacted like estate controversies at best, or Iran-like trials at worst, just depending on the mood of the customers (aka: the fans community) and the judges themselves (who are in many cases fans as well, and previously employed at clubs). Half a day, after lunch and however complex the matter or impactful in terms of €€€, a totally subjective, immediately enabled and irrevocable decision is made. If anything comes in the future from ordinary appeals, who cares.

Yeah mate I was just waiting for the argument ad masochismum...

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
You are thinking of 1997 because 1996 we were in the UEFA Cup losing to Volgograd
As an Ajax supporter I very well mean the Ajax - Juventus final of 1996 where the Juve players were so doped up their pupils were so dilated they had no eye white. Still could only beat us adter penalties. This is my fifth and final post of the day so we may continue this tomorrow. ;)

croadyman

As an Ajax supporter I very well mean the Ajax - Juventus final of 1996 where the Juve players were so doped up their pupils were so dilated they had no eye white. Still could only beat us adter penalties. This is my fifth and final post of the day so we may continue this tomorrow. ;)
Yeah I was thinking you were Utd fan

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yeah mate I was just waiting for the argument ad masochismum...
Well, considering they made “plusvalenze” with a good number of Serie A teams in that saving their ar*e, aka the same eight clubs who were deemed not guilty yesterday… so Juventus were the disloyal pepetrators of injecting liquidity in half Serie A pockets during Covid, while FIGC wrested penalties and VARs to have Inter, Milan and now Napoli to win the league in order to sell the product abroad. Great, great business! Good luck for the future.