Juventus in NEW financial scandal

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Football is so reactionary, Juventus were shit with Ronaldo, are shit without him, United were bad with or without him also.

Perhaps a single player doesn't make as much impact as one may think?

::sonny::

Fake invoices for transactions that never happened, relegation material

Last edited:

ExoduS

What is that red paint under left eye on most players? Too lazy to Google it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What is that red paint under left eye on most players? Too lazy to Google it.
Not watching any Serie A, but when they were doing something similar last year it was an anti-domestic violence gesture I think.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Well, that's one less place for Pogba to go to. Real don't want him, Barcelona is in financial purgatory, valuation in the market looking real good for this summer! Oh, and screw Raiola.

The situation is critical, I suppose the stock will open with -20%, -30%

The accusations are really important and dangerous, there are also phone interceptions as a confirm:

- False capital gain (around 300 million in 3 yrs)
- Fake invoices for transactions that never happened
- False Communication to the investors
- Accuse talk about a fraud system (the paratici system)
- There is a part talking about Ronaldo wage, (late paid)

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What could realistically happen to them? Relegation?
I don't know how the italian FA and league works, so the Football side of things is a bit nebulous but these accusations are important beyond Football, it's the kind of thing that easily see you in prison.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They’ll probably get relegated with their on the field performance anyways

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The 'arry Maguire deal will be investigated surely. Just putting an extra 0 on the right of the actual digit. 8 becomes 80 just like that.

Football is so reactionary, Juventus were shit with Ronaldo, are shit without him, United were bad with or without him also.

Perhaps a single player doesn't make as much impact as one may think?
He makes a fair impact, they picked up 78 points last season, and are projected for 57 this season. So I’d say they are clearly missing a guy who scored 29 in 31 last season. I mean, they don’t even have a player in the league’s top 25 scorers so far this season :eek:

We’d also be in the Europa League again like last season without him. Fortunately we had a player who could pull a goal out of his arse vs Atalanta and save us, Juve could’ve done with some of that last night versus the same side.

So it’s really the opposite, one player, especially a goalscorer, can make a massive difference. He can’t turn a pretty shite side on a downward spiral into league winning side though, he’s still just a bloke, and reliant on the other 10 blokes doing their jobs.

Pep's Suit

So how bad they are? Juve's next 5 league games seem easy so if Allegri can't win those he should be sacked, I guess.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't know how the italian FA and league works, so the Football side of things is a bit nebulous but these accusations are important beyond Football, it's the kind of thing that easily see you in prison.
Exactly this. If it is true then it is a big case of securities fraud (they are a listed company) and investors and regulators will throw the whole book at them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Exactly this. If it is true then it is a big case of securities fraud (they are a listed company) and investors and regulators will throw the whole book at them.
And the state itself, it seems that there is also a suspiscion of accounting fraud. Even if they weren't listed, they would be in trouble.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The Artur/Pjanic swap was clearly an accounting move on both sides. It was obvious at the time.
This was my first thought when I saw the news. It was clear at the time there was something dodgy with it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If fraud happened with the Arthur pjanic and cancelodanilo swaps, surely local authorities must open investigations in Spain and England against Barcelona and city too?

Cloud7

If fraud happened with the Arthur pjanic and cancelodanilo swaps, surely local authorities must open investigations in Spain and England against Barcelona and city too?
Deal will be past the time limit with respect to City

InfiniteBoredom

This might be a silly question- but how does this fraud help Juve or Barca?
Most likely amortisation, the price of a player is spread over the duration of his contract for accounting purpose usually, but any fee received can be included whole in the financial year, so if they do a swap deal that overestimate the value of the two for 20m each, that's 20m they can include in their account to comply with FFP or league regulation, while the amortisation value only goes up by 4m.

This might be a silly question- but how does this fraud help Juve or Barca?
The money received from the sale can be budgeted for the totality immediately, for the cost of the purchase this is amortised for the duration of the player's contract. So you can temporarily fix the balance

For example
Danilo sold for 60
Cancelo signed for 60 with a contract of 5 yrs

Balance
Revenues 2021: 60
Expenditures 2021: 60/5=12
Result= +48 (instead of the reality which is zero)

Balance sheet fixed for 2021

So they fixed the balance sheet with 300 million of operations like this

Last edited:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Barto is one shady dude as well, Barcelona should ban him from entering Camp Nou at this point.

OverratedOpinion

Is Italian football actually more corrupt than other leagues or are they just terrible at hiding it?

cyberman

Clear as day what happened and there’s no arguing against it.

Flanders Devil

Most likely amortisation, the price of a player is spread over the duration of his contract for accounting purpose usually, but any fee received can be included whole in the financial year, so if they do a swap deal that overestimate the value of the two for 20m each, that's 20m they can include in their account to comply with FFP or league regulation, while the amortisation value only goes up by 4m.
The money received from the sale can be budgeted for the totality immediately, for the cost of the purchase this is amortised for the duration of the player's contract. So you can temporarily fix the balance

For example
Danilo sold for 60
Cancelo signed for 60 with a contract of 5 yrs

Balance
Revenues 2021: 60
Expenditures 2021: 60/5=12
Result= +48 (instead of the reality which is zero)

Balance sheet fixed for 2021

So they fixed the balance sheet with 300 million of operations like this
Thanks you both, I think I see what the game is here.

so artificially inflating their assets too. I suppose helps the books, but doesn’t actually help them in anywayin terms of actual’cash’ - is that right?