Juventus player Daniele Rugani positive test for Coronavirus

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It's over. No CL, no Europa this season. Pray for the Euros. But very little chance of it happening now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I imagine routine screening. Clubs are constantly monitoring the health of their playing staff. Juve is known to have elite medical facilities. Paddy Evra has spoken about how they diagnosed an abdominal condition even United's medical staff weren't able to find out about. Helped prolong his career at the top by years.
I don't know the exact situation in Italy but it's obviously pretty bad, if they do routine coronavirus tests on pro footballers while the common people out there are left to die / can only get themselves tested once several symptons show up, that just seems really unfair to me. Overwhelmed hospitals can use all the equipment and staff they can get at the moment and are way more important than regularly testing footballers for the sake of it.

Possibly contact with a known infected person?
That would make sense, yeah. Luckily he didn't play at the weekend against Inter.

SirAF

Ageist
At this rate I’ll settle for the Tour, but that will probably go as well.

Infra-red

Well I work next to public health & the peak actually is in couple weeks & will be pretty much over by June/July
Spanish flu lasted two years and infected 27% of the world's population. I don't know how anyone can have any certainty that this will peak with a few thousand cases and be over in three months.

We're at least 18 months away from a vaccine (assuming a vaccine is even possible).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Given what we know about the virus Rugani should be fine. Footballers are among the fittest and strongest in society and this virus is deadliest in the elderly or those with underlying health issues. I am sure Juve would have spotted anything like that in his medical.

The real issue will be people who he has come into contact with like Sarri, who are in the wrong age bracket and have weak health. Footballers themselves are likely to act as super spreaders who get mild or no symptoms and pass on the virus to more vulnerable, less fit people.
Sarri is apparently on 80 fags a day. If he catches this thing, he's fecked.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
This whole corona vírus thing is starting to becoming a bummer honestly...

ROFLUTION

At least behind closed doors works.
Jesus how irresponsible. And here in Denmark all public workers and schools/educations have just been suspended for 14 days to make the spread slower, so the hospitals can cope. Cant believe stadiums are still full in lots of countries at the moment.

Amerifan

Surely, surely now the season will be postponed and EURO will be delayed to the next year. Baffling how UEFA hasn't acted smartly and just let the games be played so the whole thing is now a mess.
Pogba will be almost back from his injuries by then.

Utdstar01

Sadly I reckon this will be the first of a few footballer cases we hear of over the next few days.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
The premier league will still go on. Money talks boys. And they will make sure liverpool win their first league.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
At this point, as much as I want us to win the league, I’m struggling to think of a good reason not to suspend it all. How they’d figure out CL spots and relegation I don’t know, but public health supercedes it all.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
At this point, as much as I want us to win the league, I’m struggling to think of a good reason not to suspend it all. How they’d figure out CL spots and relegation I don’t know, but public health supercedes it all.
this. At the very least We all just gotta shut down and get this thing under control and give everyone space to see who has what and take it from there. The best outcome is that it won’t take too long but the worst is pretty grim and any sport pales in comparison.

Okey

Damn! Looks like the beginning of the end of football this season, barring a miraculous sudden drop off of this blasted virus. Just when we were starting to play well and look forward to the rest of the season as well. At least, we got to see Liverpool officially knocked out. Small mercies. Wishing Rugani and all affected well. Stay safe people...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is incorrect. From Parliament a few hours ago:
Hey...tell everyone in the other thread I’m a moron.

This whole nba and football stuff players getting it and seasons being shut down is a real eye opener. I am not even going to wait Further. I was misinformed I was wrong and I was ignorant.

Death rates being low or not I WAS WRONG. DO me a favor please and let everyone in there know that. Thanks man.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Jesus how irresponsible. And here in Denmark all public workers and schools/educations have just been suspended for 14 days to make the spread slower, so the hospitals can cope. Cant believe stadiums are still full in lots of countries at the moment.
PSG were packed outside the Stadium, thousands of them. They're a bunch of assholes tbh

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Spanish flu lasted two years and infected 27% of the world's population. I don't know how anyone can have any certainty that this will peak with a few thousand cases and be over in three months.

We're at least 18 months away from a vaccine (assuming a vaccine is even possible).
We’ll develop antibodies before vaccines. Everyone who survives it has evolved into superior humans.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Well I work next to public health & the peak actually is in couple weeks & will be pretty much over by June/July
No immunity, no vaccine, widespread and still spreading? No way it will becall over by the middle of the year. We don't even know how the seasons affect this virus. We still get colds in summer and 30% of those are corona viruses.

I hope you are right but it isn't going to happen.