Juventus player Daniele Rugani positive test for Coronavirus

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This would mess up the order of international tournaments as well with the euro all but canceled.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I might of been wrong on this...

Wait so hypothetically lets say next week they decide to end the season...Liverpool are not champions anymore? I use them as an example because they are 2 games away from being officially crowned... this is all confusing
If the season is declared void it in effect never happened, so we would just go again next season with the same 20 teams. There are now no easy answers to this though and whatever decisions are made are going to frustrate some sets of fans.

Public health however takes priority over everything else.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wankers wanted the ‘famous Anfield crowd’ on their side, didn’t they? They should be fecking lynched for that selfish decision.
Yeah, reading before the game that was the exact reason why it was played with fans. Even Simeone said he wanted their fans and players to enjoy the Anfield atmosphere, fecking selfish cnuts.

SportingCP96

Supports
If the season is declared void it in effect never happened, so we would just go again next season with the same 20 teams. There are now no easy answers to this though and whatever decisions are made are going to frustrate some sets of fans.

Fecking mental. Hopefully the whole Juve team is ok but at this point you have to imagine more players in the first team are infected

Bobski

Should have been stopped weeks ago, madness that Liverpool are going out in front of a packed Anfield. This might have been contained if governments had been willing to make unpopular decisions early.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits

Plus, even if that happens and the season is voided, everyone knows that Liverpool were the de facto champions this year. Does it matter if their name actually gets engraved on the trophy and the wikipedia winners list updated? Yes, it does. Haha.

Nico87

It’ll be absolutely disastrous for clubs lower down the food chain who would presumably still have to pay wages with no incoming finances, would possibly cause a few to enter administration.

AlwaysRed66

Ironically, the English sides having a poor run maybe null & void, & start again as though nothing has happened.

AlwaysRed66

Should have been stopped weeks ago, madness that Liverpool are going out in front of a packed Anfield. This might have been contained if governments had been willing to make unpopular decisions early.
If any fans get coronavirus they will blame it all on the Conservative government.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Serie A certainly done, other leagues will probably follow.

Rafaeldagold

It won't be unfortunately, epidemiologists don't expect a peak until the summer months and even then it will take ages to get back to normality. The way things are progressing, we'll be lucky to play next season in August.

For source of this info listen to latest Joe Rogan podcast.
Well I work next to public health & the peak actually is in couple weeks & will be pretty much over by June/July

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I work next to public health & the peak actually is in couple weeks & will be pretty much over by June/July
Could you elaborate on that? Everything I've heard suggest this will be going on for months yet and is only the beginning.

SportingCP96

Supports
It all depends when the virus was contracted by rugani but Portuguese reports saying Ronaldo has been in Madeira for the past week and has not had contact with rugani. He is also said to be staying in Madeira to take tests to be sure he is clear

MikeUpNorth

This is incorrect. From Parliament a few hours ago:
In response to a question from former Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt, Mr Hancock (Health Minister) said: "The deputy chief medical officer said that, in the next couple of weeks, we may see the numbers starting to rise fast to their peak.

"We do not expect numbers to peak in the next fortnight, we expect numbers to continue to rise after that and the peak would be after a matter of a couple of months, rather than in a matter of a couple weeks. This is a marathon and not a sprint."

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I really wouldn't be surprised if the PL play enough games behind closed doors for Pool to get their trophy.
This isn’t just about the winners though, you can’t just say season is over because the top team can’t be caught, the three teams in the relegation spaces will want a full season played, there’d be court cases galore if a team got relegated without having the chance to play games that may give it points to survive.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't see them playing the CL after this round, even if they finish the round

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Given what we know about the virus Rugani should be fine. Footballers are among the fittest and strongest in society and this virus is deadliest in the elderly or those with underlying health issues. I am sure Juve would have spotted anything like that in his medical.

The real issue will be people who he has come into contact with like Sarri, who are in the wrong age bracket and have weak health. Footballers themselves are likely to act as super spreaders who get mild or no symptoms and pass on the virus to more vulnerable, less fit people.

SportingCP96

Supports
Given what we know about the virus Rugani should be fine. Footballers are among the fittest and strongest in society and this virus is deadliest in the elderly or those with underlying health issues. I am sure Juve would have spotted anything like that in his medical.

The real issue will be people who he has come into contact with like Sarri, who are in the wrong age bracket and have weak health. Footballers themselves are likely to act as super spreaders who get mild or no symptoms and pass on the virus to more vulnerable, less fit people.
Ya plus they have the money to assure theIr recovery. Just sucks the season will be void.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wait, why was he tested in the first place? Media over here reporting that he didn't and still doesn't show any sickness or symptons.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Wait, why was he tested in the first place? Media over here reporting that he didn't and still doesn't show any sickness or symptons.
I imagine routine screening. Clubs are constantly monitoring the health of their playing staff. Juve is known to have elite medical facilities. Paddy Evra has spoken about how they diagnosed an abdominal condition even United's medical staff weren't able to find out about. Helped prolong his career at the top by years.

MikeUpNorth

Possibly contact with a known infected person?

SirAF

Ageist
I imagine routine screening. Clubs are constantly monitoring the health of their playing staff. Juve is known to have elite medical facilities. Paddy Evra has spoken about how they diagnosed an abdominal condition even United's medical staff weren't able to find out about. Helped prolong his career at the top by years.
Definitely this.