Juventus unveil bold new club crest at ceremony in Turin

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I kinda like it. As with anything new in football, everyone always complains it's shit for 6 months before coming around to it.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Apparently Juve paid 200k to the graphical designers who made this new logo.

Prodigy24

That logo does not look like a football logo at all! The current logo is not the best, but it's a very classic logo with a lot of history that everybody recognize around the world, and has that "italian design" that not a lot of club logos have.

This one however... It's a J. Or two J's. Or even three. That's it. Way too abstract to be considered a club logo. Let alone for a club like Juventus, in my opinion.

As a graphic designer student, I know that they have put a lot of effort on creating the logo, and probably have a lot of meaning behind it, but I just can't see it as a logo for a football club.

RoyH1

Why does a club with the history of Juventus have to get a new logo, and a terrible one at that? What was wrong with the previous one?

steferrari

Juventus Fan
Supports
Juventus
That logo does not look like a football logo at all!
I think this might have been their point!
They want to become like a real brand: in yesterday's event they showed many J related products: sunglasses, jewels, even skis!
Not to mention that this logo would look great on clothes.
Let's be honest: not so many people makes a daily use of clothes with football crests... they're ok as stadium apparel but not so much as a daily one.
Instead I'm sure that it won't be a problem to make a daily use of clothes that carries a clean & non-invasive logo like this.

It can be a clever way to expand Juventus brand and increase revenues as a consequence.

stevoc

Yeah I think so. The way Juventus is written along the top signifies the top of the J imo.
Don't know mate i thought you might be right until i seen it on the shirt. With a white background it looks like two. But whatever looks awful whichever it is.

m1y2

What makes the Chevy logo ugly?

Ugly on a red shirt or just ugly in general?
well to start with - the gradient is so 90s, it shouldnt exist in the 21st century, the way it is executed is just terrible, dont like the logotype either, but thats a question of detail comapring to the gradient fail

stevoc

well to start with - the gradient is so 90s, it shouldnt exist in the 21st century, the way it is executed is just terrible, dont like the logotype either, but thats a question of detail comapring to the gradient fail
Fair enough mate i can see you've put a lot of thought into it. It's always just looked like a gold cross to me. I think it's looked basically the same for like 30-40 years, for the front of a car it's fine i suppose.

Flames73

I'm starting to come to like it.

It is 2 J's but its also 1 J (the J in the middle bordered by Juventus at the top and the two J's at the side)

It also have a resemblance to that horse in the old badge.

It still incorporates Black and White stripe, Juventus, and that horse. It is actually quite smart. It ain't bad alright.

dann496

It ain't bad for a t'shirt brand I suppose but compared to their last club crest it is really lacking a lot.
Can't really understand why changed a good logo for this but anyway I am sure it will be accepted after awhile.

Yagami

Good post resistant
City's was an abomination, it's just that it was the one you were used to. I grew up with City having a circular badge very similar to their new one, so it's easy to accept.
If that wasn't the City badge you grew up seeing I can understand why you wouldn't like it compared to their earlier ones and current one, but I thought it was a cool badge. Still do.

It's more than that.

The Js form the shape of a more traditional crest, it incorporates black and white stripes and as someone else pointed out it could also reflect an abstract version of the horse or whatever from their old badge. There are plenty of subtle creative pieces to the logo. Plenty of thought went into it, even if it does look simple at first glance.
Yeah, I just see two J's. I must be dense!

Coxy

I'm starting to come to like it.

It is 2 J's but its also 1 J (the J in the middle bordered by Juventus at the top and the two J's at the side)

It also have a resemblance to that horse in the old badge.

It still incorporates Black and White stripe, Juventus, and that horse. It is actually quite smart. It ain't bad alright.
compared to the iconic 'current' badge? it's shit.

Oyibo

Its not far from JD Sports, King of Trainers !

Shame to lose all that history for something so simplified.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
If that wasn't the City badge you grew up seeing I can understand why you wouldn't like it compared to their earlier ones and current one, but I thought it was a cool badge. Still do.

Yeah. Next somebody will say one is also a reverse L(eonardo) and if you look closely you can see the Mona Lisa smile.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Does "Black and White and More" sound better in Italian?

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Why change such an iconic badge to this monstrosity?
Because it's an iconic football badge, but the club want to expand the reach of the brand beyond football fanatics to casual fans and even people who are not interested in football. It's a bold approach and interesting experiment that I am sure a lot of Clubs will monitor closely.

Oyibo

Well I guess its better than Brentford's club badge modernisation.

Their nickname is the Bees, but rather than logos of bees, their badge logo looked like wasps !!

Ixion

I don't have much to say on the badge other than the original was nice but this thread did result in me going to youtube and watching highlights of a bunch of our matches against Juve. Good times.

decorativeed

It's not that I didn't like City's previous badge, it was that it was a joke and their own fans (the few that they had at that time) hated it too. It featured three 'purely decorative' stars, a made up on the spot (and frequently incorrectly spelled) latin motto that had no prior history with the club, and an eagle whose only previous appearance on a football shirt was on United's in the 1958 FA Cup final. It was a hodge-podge of terrible ideas.

cyberman

Because it's an iconic football badge, but the club want to expand the reach of the brand beyond football fanatics to casual fans and even people who are not interested in football. It's a bold approach and interesting experiment that I am sure a lot of Clubs will monitor closely.
It's a badge. A badge.