Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Alli's level has fallen these past two seasons but I guess my comment was more about how both players are better closer to goal and score quite a few goals when playing further up front. It'll be interesting to see Havertz in England, as imo due to his height he's not the most blessed in terms of mobility and acceleration (similar to Alli) but technically looks very good.

If Havertz really is pushing for a move this summer, I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign for Chelsea. There aren't realistically many clubs that can afford him and it looks like no other club can realistically do so this summer, so it effectively gives Chelsea a free rein. Unless, City suddenly turn to Havertz but that doesn't look likely at this stage.
Hes actually really quick.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah Sancho is a terrific young player, arguably the best in the world, but it definitely wouldn't be a surprise to see a bit of an adaptation period in the premier league for him. You always see it with players coming from the Bundesliga. They might show their quality in bursts but it tends to take a bit until they reach their best level. Bundesliga, Dortmund especially is a league perfectly set up to get the best out of young exciting attackers.
Mbappe, tbh. Rest of the post i agree with though

SinNombre

As I said earlier in the threat, Havertz will actually transfer for 50-60m pounds + add-ons.

We should match the bid and get on this.

We need 2 more attacking players if we want to contend and not burn out our current front 4 by mid-season.

Giggs' right foot

You just described our defense without the age factoring in...Lol
Hence why we’re probably going to buy a defender :D Not seeing Chelsea affording a useful CB, having bought Werner, Ziyech and Havertz. That would easily amount to a total of £150-200 million... in a post-corona world... where they’re not even guaranteed CL for the next season... I haven’t got a clue about Chelsea’s budget - can they afford spending £200-300 million - getting both Havertz and a useful CB - post-corona... then by all means. But if buying Havertz results in not addressing their defence, I would be concerned with Lampard’s/the board’s decision making.

Failing to take advantage of games we have dominated have cost us 15 points atleast.
We can 100% use a couple of defensive signings, but I find it impossible to believe that adding Ziyech, Werner, and maybe Havertz won't help us improve our chance conversion massively.
Oh, absolutely. But you don’t think Werner and Ziyech alone can improve that aspect? I’m not arguing it’s baffling that Chelsea looks to strengthen their attack. I’m saying it’s baffling going for an extremely expensive Havertz, having already bought Werner and Ziyech, aside from the already available Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Abraham, Mount and possibly Willian, while the defenders is playing like making a mistake triggers a monetary clause in their contract. To me the offensive threat now, with Werner and Ziyech, seems more than enough both in depth and quality. No?

It looks to me like you’re breaking the bank over the upstairs curtains, while the house’s foundation is rotten and about to crumble - but I could be wrong, just wanted to hear if I was the only one, with this view :)

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Kai Havertz is a player with a high football IQ. I know many players get considered intelligent because they behave well under pressure, but Havertz is different. His actions do make sense all the time and give his team much-needed solutions in possession. The young German combines all types of passes with good off-ball movement and extraordinary behaviour under pressure. No matter if his team needs through balls, long balls to switch sides or quick one-touch passes in tight spaces. Kai Havertz offers all those passes.

When Bayer Leverkusen had problems with injuries, Kai Havertz had to play as a central midfielder. While Leverkusen struggled Havertz was one of the better players an unfamiliar position. From a technical standpoint Kai Havertz doesn’t seem to be the perfect offensive midfielder. Especially, his first touch isn’t always the best. But he is capable of quickly controlling and protecting the ball afterwards. His second touch is always pretty good and allows him to dribble past the opponent or play the dangerous pass. Furthermore, he can play accurate passes even without having the best body position. Havertz not only plays the simple flat through balls during counter-attacks. His good observation of the game allows him to see the open space and be aware of the movement of the defenders. Besides his passing abilities, Havertz shows that he can be a dangerous offensive player who can surprise a defence when they are concentrating on the striker. Havertz shows great awareness of holes in the defence. That’s why he is so dangerous after crosses. The fact that he often appears in the right spot at the right time is a positive sign and a clear indicator of his high football IQ. The technical execution is trainable easily, however, learning how and when to arrive in the box is harder. His timing when starting runs is really impressive and defenders normally struggle to defend those situations, especially if the striker waits in the right spot, the defender has to observe the ball and the striker simultaneously. Problems occur when the striker is positioned behind the defender because then the defender can only react to the movement. It is impossible to observe both, the ball and his opponent, at the same time. Using that advantage correctly, Havertz time after time arrives in the dangerous space while the defender often cannot adjust his position quickly enough to cover the midfield run. Funnily enough, Lampard is the closest midfielder I can think of who has utilized this to perfection.

No matter which position Kai Havertz plays, the fact that he rarely struggles under pressure makes him so valuable for his team. Although Havertz has great technical abilities his dribblings look sometimes inaccurate but are highly effective. His biggest strength is his usage of open space. When a defender pushes out of position Havertz has a great timing of pushing the ball into the open space and therefore unbalance the defender. That’s why he often gets fouled.

Reactions: Invictus

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Kai Havertz is a player with a high football IQ. I know many players get considered intelligent because they behave well under pressure, but Havertz is different. His actions do make sense all the time and give his team much-needed solutions in possession. The young German combines all types of passes with good off-ball movement and extraordinary behaviour under pressure. No matter if his team needs through balls, long balls to switch sides or quick one-touch passes in tight spaces. Kai Havertz offers all those passes.

When Bayer Leverkusen had problems with injuries, Kai Havertz had to play as a central midfielder. While Leverkusen struggled Havertz was one of the better players an unfamiliar position. From a technical standpoint Kai Havertz doesn’t seem to be the perfect offensive midfielder. Especially, his first touch isn’t always the best. But he is capable of quickly controlling and protecting the ball afterwards. His second touch is always pretty good and allows him to dribble past the opponent or play the dangerous pass. Furthermore, he can play accurate passes even without having the best body position. Havertz not only plays the simple flat through balls during counter-attacks. His good observation of the game allows him to see the open space and be aware of the movement of the defenders. Besides his passing abilities, Havertz shows that he can be a dangerous offensive player who can surprise a defence when they are concentrating on the striker. Havertz shows great awareness of holes in the defence. That’s why he is so dangerous after crosses. The fact that he often appears in the right spot at the right time is a positive sign and a clear indicator of his high football IQ. The technical execution is trainable easily, however, learning how and when to arrive in the box is harder. His timing when starting runs is really impressive and defenders normally struggle to defend those situations, especially if the striker waits in the right spot, the defender has to observe the ball and the striker simultaneously. Problems occur when the striker is positioned behind the defender because then the defender can only react to the movement. It is impossible to observe both, the ball and his opponent, at the same time. Using that advantage correctly, Havertz time after time arrives in the dangerous space while the defender often cannot adjust his position quickly enough to cover the midfield run. Funnily enough, Lampard is the closest midfielder I can think of who has utilized this to perfection.

No matter which position Kai Havertz plays, the fact that he rarely struggles under pressure makes him so valuable for his team. Although Havertz has great technical abilities his dribblings look sometimes inaccurate but are highly effective. His biggest strength is his usage of open space. When a defender pushes out of position Havertz has a great timing of pushing the ball into the open space and therefore unbalance the defender. That’s why he often gets fouled.
One of the reasons I want him so much is his ability to find space and run off the ball - reminds me a bit of Michael Owen at his best in that sense. And we don't actually have one of those: rashford and Martial's movement of the ball can leave a lot to be desired at times...

theklr

One of the reasons I want him so much is his ability to find space and run off the ball - reminds me a bit of Michael Owen at his best in that sense. And we don't actually have one of those: rashford and Martial's movement of the ball can leave a lot to be desired at times...
Sounds abit like VdB then...

STYLOISRED

How does he compare to Odegaard?
Excellent Question. Because i have seen Odegaard play and his Tenacity is on another level. Ability to press and immediately switch defence to attack with a pass or piece of dribble.
I haven't watched Havertz play so i would like to know who is better.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chelsea already sorted out 3 new signings that will massively improve them. We need to sort our shit out. You just know we’ll haggle over Sancho & get him over the line on deadline day, with no other business.

Judas

Open to offers
Chelsea already sorted out 3 new signings that will massively improve them. We need to sort our shit out. You just know we’ll haggle over Sancho & get him over the line on deadline day, with no other business.
You honestly think the Sancho deal will drag till October going into next season? Bit too overly negative for me. It's quite clear if its going to happen (it is) it won't take that long.

L1nk

You honestly think the Sancho deal will drag till October going into next season? Bit too overly negative for me. It's quite clear if its going to happen (it is) it won't take that long.
Well, there's overwhelming evidence for many many seasons now, that this is generally how we seem to conduct business, so I don't blame him for thinking that way.

60 odd mill plus add-ons is a steal for this guy, if we don't bid, and instead go for Jack Grealish or something as reports state, then that is awful.

croadyman

I am confident this will be sorted by next month,just a case then of who we can sell to bring in another potential two signings

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I am confident this will be sorted by next month,just a case then of who we can sell to bring in another potential two signings
You mean, who wants our dead wood? ie Lingard,Jones,Rojo? Probably:TFM. How much realistically can we get for them?

Not forgetting Odion will be off at the end of the year.

We need 3 quality players. One looks like he's heading our way, leaving 2 more

CallyRed

Jim White confirms fee hasn't been agreed but talks ongoing.

Up next, the whereabouts of Mehdi Benatia and his plane.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Technically speaking we've signed 4 since they last signed anyone. People keep falling into this Chelsea trap. They are making up for a summer with a transfer ban. They are not comparable to anyone else in the market this summer.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Technically speaking we've signed 4 since they last signed anyone. People keep falling into this Chelsea trap. They are making up for a summer with a transfer ban. They are not comparable to anyone else in the market this summer.
They are already above us in the table & have fixed 3 key areas of their team. I am concerned about them because they are far more ambitious than us & have more recent title wins/challenges.

Ekeke

They are, but (if they sign Havertz on top of Werner and Ziyech) they're doing better than we did taking advantage of them having the transfer ban. We paid a ridiculous fee for Maguire so its hard to imagine he'd have cost even more if Chelsea werent transfer banned and the only player we've signed that looks a great deal so far that Chelsea might have competed for if they werent banned is Fernandes. If we do end up signing Sancho it will even it out.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
They are already above us in the table & have fixed 3 key areas of their team. I am concerned about them because they are far more ambitious than us & have more recent title wins/challenges.
The time to worry about Chelsea is if/when they get a decent CB and GK.

L1nk

Seems like people are just letting them have at some of the best talents in Europe, in Werner and Havertz? Havertz could turn out to be a generational player, absolute madness if we aren't in for him, but then this club doesn't surprise me when it comes to this anymore so

croadyman

You mean, who wants our dead wood? ie Lingard,Jones,Rojo? Probably:TFM. How much realistically can we get for them?

Not forgetting Odion will be off at the end of the year.

We need 3 quality players. One looks like he's heading our way, leaving 2 more
Reckon we can get decent fees for Lingard & Smalling,something like £35m for the two is a possibility.

The Sanchez thing will also pick up pace after Inter's Europa League campaign,apparently he has found some form there recently.

Rojo could get around the £5m mark

I reckon in total we could raise around £55m for those four which probably sounds too unrealistic.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They had a transfer ban and 150m from player sales. We were never going to have a summer like they will this summer. It's not possible. You have to factor in who we have signed whilst they couldn't get anyone. They were only allowed to buy Kovacic because he was already registered to them due to the loan.

ghagua

Hence why we’re probably going to buy a defender :D Not seeing Chelsea affording a useful CB, having bought Werner, Ziyech and Havertz. That would easily amount to a total of £150-200 million... in a post-corona world... where they’re not even guaranteed CL for the next season... I haven’t got a clue about Chelsea’s budget - can they afford spending £200-300 million - getting both Havertz and a useful CB - post-corona... then by all means. But if buying Havertz results in not addressing their defence, I would be concerned with Lampard’s/the board’s decision making.

I think they can, to be honest. They should have money saved which they did not spend during their transfer ban, plus money from selling players. Will they spend all that money, who knows.

TheLord

It is a brilliant time to be a young CB. It is amazing to see so few top-quality young centre-backs in the market.

TheLord

I second that.
But Chelsea have been making smart transfer decisions lately. I am convinced they'll get a CB and/or a GK, even though there aren't too many top ones in the market right now.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Reckon we can get decent fees for Lingard & Smalling,something like £35m for the two is a possibility.

The Sanchez thing will also pick up pace after Inter's Europa League campaign,apparently he has found some form there recently.

Rojo could get around the £5m mark

I reckon in total we could raise around £55m for those four which probably sounds too unrealistic.
Would be a massive saving off the wage bill though
Sanchez... around £35million
lingard.... around £5 million
Smalling... around 8 million
Rojo... around 4 million

So almost double the savings

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Would be a massive saving off the wage bill though
Sanchez... around £35million
lingard.... around £5 million
Smalling... around 8 million
Rojo... around 4 million

So almost double the savings
Isn’t Sanchez on 400k per week which equates to roughly 20m a year. Where did you get 35m?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Ah. Apologies. I thought that number was for one year. Didn’t realize it was two.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I was about to ask which crack head gave Smalling £150k a week.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What does "worry about" actually mean? We're already on a similar level, and so far they've done really good business ahead of next season (on paper). So in terms of being better than us, we should be worrying right now.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
We’re hardly blessed in that department either
I do not disagree. But Utd are stronger, this is how I would rate the defences:

De Gea v Kepa - equal (currently). De Gea is making a lot of mistakes at the moment but Kepa is just plain bad. The only reason Kepa gets away with just how bad he is, is due to him making things look harder to save due to him swinging his arms behind his back before he tries to save anything. His save percentage has dropped to something like 54% which is the worst in PL history for GK's that have played more than 6 games. If De Gea can cut out the mistakes he is better. To be honest, these two just seem to be in a competition of who can out muppet the other.

Romero v Willy - Romero wins hands down.

Henderson v Cummings - Henderson wins hands down

Maguire v Zouma - Maguire wins by a reasonable amount

Lindelof v Christensen - Lindelof wins by a reasonable amount

Bailey v Rudiger - I think Bailey is actually the better CB but there is not much in it. However, due to fitness levels, Rudiger wins.

Rojo v Tomori - Tomori has a lot of potential but I think Rojo is a CB you would trust more if put in. Lets call this a draw.

AWB v Azpi - Draw.

James v Dalot - James wins

Alonso v Shaw - Very different players so it depends on what you're looking for. In a 4 I would say Shaw is better, in a 5 Alonso wins.

Williams v Emerson - I little like Rojo v Tomori. Lets call it a draw.

Therefore, I would say the only area Chelsea win is at RB2 with James over Dalot and maybe Rudiger over Bailey due to fitness levels. At GK Utd sh*t all over Chelsea and in the other areas it is either a draw or Utd win.

Status
Not open for further replies.