Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I do not disagree. But Utd are stronger, this is how I would rate the defences:

De Gea v Kepa - equal (currently). De Gea is making a lot of mistakes at the moment but Kepa is just plain bad. The only reason Kepa gets away with just how bad he is, is due to him making things look harder to save due to him swinging his arms behind his back before he tries to save anything. His save percentage has dropped to something like 54% which is the worst in PL history for GK's that have played more than 6 games. If De Gea can cut out the mistakes he is better.

Romero v Willy - Romero wins hands down.

Henderson v Cummings - Henderson wins hands down

Maguire v Zouma - Maguire wins by a reasonable amount

Lindelof v Christensen - Lindelof wins by a reasonable amount

Bailey v Rudiger - I think Bailey is actually the better CB but there is not much in it. However, due to fitness levels, Rudiger wins.

Rojo v Tomori - Tomori has a lot of potential but I think Rojo is a CB would would trust more if put in. Lets call this a draw.

AWB v Azpi - Draw.

James v Dalot - James wins

Alonso v Shaw - Very different players so it depends on what you're looking for. In a 4 I would say Shaw is better, in a 5 Alonso wins.

Williams v Emerson - I little like Rojo v Tomori. Lets call it a draw.

Therefore, I would say the only area Chelsea win is at RB2 with James over Dalot. At GK Utd sh*t all over Chelsea and in the other areas it is either a draw or Utd win.
No intention of derailing the thread with player for player comparisons [happy to discuss further over in the Chelsea thread with whoever is interested] , but I'd agree with about 5 of those in all honesty :wenger:

LuckyScout78

Not a RW winger. He is a 10 or a RCM in a 3 men midfield. So as a nr.10. United have Bruno now. Better go for Josip Ilicic as another CAM, RW,CF option

Ilicic - Bruno - Rashford + Greewood/Martial

McTom - Bruno + Greenwood -Ilicic - Martial + Rashford

Greenwood - Bruno - Rashford/Martial + Ilicic

Ilicic is sharp left foot player. Ilicic in this United team will easily score 10-15 goals per season. The next 3 years.

And Josip Ilicic age 32. Is the perfect age to rotate beetween Greenwood and be a back up like Ighalo. Ighalo cant play right winger. Josip Ilicic can play both RW and CF. and Bruno role too.

So either of Sancho + Josip Ilicic/Chiesa will good. With Chiesa as left winger. Then you have Rashford back as CF options.

Sancho - Bruno - Chiesa + Rashford/Martial/Greenwood. This is withouth Ilicic

So priority: Sancho + Ilicic or Chiesa. Two new players for Mata, Lingard and James. Then 4 CF options in Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Ilicic would be good. For the next 3-5 years.

Watch Ilicic for Atlanta against a really good team in PSG. Then you can judge Josip Ilicic current level and how many years he will left. I just discover Josip Ilicic on Youtube last week. I am sold. What a left foot player. Josip Ilicic has that drive and engine and top determination to make a top sharp finisher. Josip Ilicic has everything you ask for a attacking player.

Josip Ilicic value at 17.5 mill Euro. Beside getting Sancho. Having Ilicic in the team too. Then United front 4 and depth will be really strong.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/josip-ilicic/profil/spieler/80351

United fans will love Josip Ilicic. I can write my name on that. Bruno level of football.

So hopefully United will get Sancho and one of Josip or Chiesa. Josip and Chiesa = top fighting spirit

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I do not disagree. But Utd are stronger, this is how I would rate the defences:

De Gea v Kepa - equal (currently). De Gea is making a lot of mistakes at the moment but Kepa is just plain bad. The only reason Kepa gets away with just how bad he is, is due to him making things look harder to save due to him swinging his arms behind his back before he tries to save anything. His save percentage has dropped to something like 54% which is the worst in PL history for GK's that have played more than 6 games. If De Gea can cut out the mistakes he is better. To be honest, these two just seem to be in a competition of who can out muppet the other.

Romero v Willy - Romero wins hands down.

Henderson v Cummings - Henderson wins hands down

Maguire v Zouma - Maguire wins by a reasonable amount

Lindelof v Christensen - Lindelof wins by a reasonable amount

Bailey v Rudiger - I think Bailey is actually the better CB but there is not much in it. However, due to fitness levels, Rudiger wins.

Rojo v Tomori - Tomori has a lot of potential but I think Rojo is a CB you would trust more if put in. Lets call this a draw.

AWB v Azpi - Draw.

James v Dalot - James wins

Alonso v Shaw - Very different players so it depends on what you're looking for. In a 4 I would say Shaw is better, in a 5 Alonso wins.

Williams v Emerson - I little like Rojo v Tomori. Lets call it a draw.

Therefore, I would say the only area Chelsea win is at RB2 with James over Dalot and maybe Rudiger over Bailey due to fitness levels. At GK Utd sh*t all over Chelsea and in the other areas it is either a draw or Utd win.
I think it's a little unfair comparing our third choice keeper to one of your loan stars. Would be like me comparing Conor Gallagher to one of your midfielders yet to make his senior debut, ofcourse it's going to be a no contest.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I think it's a little unfair comparing our third choice keeper to one of your loan stars. Would be like me comparing Conor Gallagher to one of your midfielders yet to make his senior debut, ofcourse it's going to be a no contest.
To be fair, it is a fair comparison or make it Romero v Cummings.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Please keep Chelsea out of the CL so Havertz can go to Bayern next year. Thank you. :wenger:

TheLord

We have been talking all along about how badly United would suffer if we cannot qualify for the CL, but Chelsea will probably be worse off if they cannot qualify.

They need their entire back five to be replaced!

Havertz has apparently agreed on personal terms with Chelsea, but that is 'contingent upon' Chelsea qualifying for the CL.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Don't see why CL football would be a deal breaker for him. No CL football for Bayer next year either if he stays there.

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Any German speakers can translate what Leroy said, before my pants come off? :drool:

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Any German speakers can translate what Leroy said, before my pants come off? :drool:
Apparently he said(not quoted) its good for Chelsea that they've signed two great German players....naming Werner and Havertz.
Don't speak German. Just going by translations given in replies to the tweet.
Personally I think this deal is already done. We're probably waiting on ending the season before we announce it regardless of CL or not. The CL connection is probably based on how we'll structure the payment with CL money or without CL money.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's basically saying that Chelsea made a good catch with both Havertz and Werner in one year. Sound quite clear, but you don't hear the question, whether it might have been leading.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
He's basically saying that Chelsea made a good catch with both Havertz and Werner in one year. Sound quite clear, but you don't hear the question, whether it might have been leading.
I had a look at the question here:

The reporter suggests in his question that Werner and Havertz are going to Chelsea. I think Sane just picks it up from there. I don't think he knows anything beyond that.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
So player wants to come personal terms agreed just a fee with the club left

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I had a look at the question here:

The reporter suggests in his question that Werner and Havertz are going to Chelsea. I think Sane just picks it up from there. I don't think he knows anything beyond that.
How in the world does Brazzo have a better tan than Sané? :lol:

passing-wind

Chelsea and the Havertz situation is supposedly no different to us and Sancho. Personal terms agreed but no agreement in the fees with the club's.

TheLord

There's an enormous difference!
With Havertz, the clubs have nearly agreed on the selling price.
With Sancho, not quite!

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Kai’s sister confirmed on instagram that Kai is moving to London next month. :drool:

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
The noise does make it seem like you've got this in the bag. Hope we get can our business done swiftly too.
I hope so too. I'd rather United get Sancho then Liverpool or Manchester City. I dont want to give another G.o.H to Liverpool. Feck that.

Bondi77

Looking forward to seeing him and Werner in a Chelsea shirt because one of them is bound to look rubbish and fail miserably in England,
My money is on this bloke.

RoyH1

Chelsea building something solid here. Like Liverpool with the Coutinho money, they’re using the Hazard/Morata funds to build a promising team.

Thisistheone

Chelsea building something solid here. Like Liverpool with the Coutinho money, they’re using the Hazard/Morata funds to build a promising team.
Very exciting for Chelsea fans and Havertz is a brilliant talent but they really need to sort their defence out. And Keeper.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
54 goals conceded compared to our 36. They have only scored 3 more than us too.

Chelsea have signed 2 very good forwards and look to be getting another too. Their back 5 is poverty though. You can't win titles and CL's with that defence.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
CL is being reported as not an issue with this deal now. He signs whether we get it or not Sky Germany saying. They claimed this morning we have told Leverkusen we will pay 80m euros and add ons, Bayer said yes, offer will be officially sent next week. More or less done now

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
CL is being reported as not an issue with this deal now. He signs whether we get it or not Sky Germany saying. They claimed this morning we have told Leverkusen we will pay 80m euros and add ons, Bayer said yes, offer will be officially sent next week. More or less done now
He's too young for it matter IMO. Players like him and Sancho should be planning for the next 5 years rather than focusing on 1 season of Cl football. Winning it once is a huge deal. The rest of the years are spent competing in it but usually missing out.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't like that Chelsea is getting him. Might be an unpopular opinion but I feel he is better than Bruno. Not too bothered about Werner but this guy is the real deal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea adding 3 big attacking talents/players is quite a big statement on their part. It would be what, 170 million spent on the trio, if this goes through? They have a lot of to look forward to next season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't like that Chelsea is getting him. Might be an unpopular opinion but I feel he is better than Bruno. Not too bothered about Werner but this guy is the real deal.
You wouldn't be saying that if Havertz was your player and we were being linked with Bruno. I've noticed the grass is always greener on the other side is a consistent theme on this forum.

Havertz is very talented, I'm excited as feck to have him, and he may eventually prove to have a higher ceiling than Bruno but he hasn't really done anything to suggest he's better than Bruno right now.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
£80+ million for a player I'd wager most people haven't even seen play before.

Talented player. Huge fee.
Apart from PL, Bundesliga is shown live on Tele and usually is at a convenient time for Asian viewers. So got around watching him a lot. Not a football expert mind you, but I have always been quite impressed whenever I have watched him. You know how some players just stand out. He may as well flop at Chelsea but he was on my transfer wishlist before we got Bruno.

gajender

£80+ million for a player I'd wager most people haven't even seen play before.

Talented player. Huge fee.
Has fee been confirmed , It would be really interesting to see how Chelsea would line up with all the attacking players they seem to be signing.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He's too young for it matter IMO. Players like him and Sancho should be planning for the next 5 years rather than focusing on 1 season of Cl football. Winning it once is a huge deal. The rest of the years are spent competing in it but usually missing out.
CL isnt the huge pull it was years ago either. Money dictates now in football. Having said that, I think Werner is the big big game changer for us. Can see him bagging a few if we find a tidy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.