Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Donnaruma and Rice next? Scary business. It just goes to show with a well planned summer and a dof you can fix a squad. They might not win next year but they’ll be a hell of a lot closer and will probably only need minor tweaking from here on out until they start winning stuff.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
only details left, apparently

RedRover

Donnaruma and Rice next? Scary business. It just goes to show with a well planned summer and a dof you can fix a squad. They might not win next year but they’ll be a hell of a lot closer and will probably only need minor tweaking from here on out until they start winning stuff.
Are they addressing the issues they've had? Looked decent going forward but poor at the back. Rice (on the basis that they supposedly see him as being able to cover centre-half) isn't going to solve that.

They have improved the squad, no doubt. Not sure if it'll be enough to challenge Liverpool or City.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Are they addressing the issues they've had? Looked decent going forward but poor at the back. Rice (on the basis that they supposedly see him as being able to cover centre-half) isn't going to solve that.

They have improved the squad, no doubt. Not sure if it'll be enough to challenge Liverpool or City.
but it should be good enough to guarantee top four and a good challenge in Europe - it's not always the very best team in Europe who wins the CL

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

Literally only a keeper away from addressing all of our problems.

RedorDead21

By well planned you mean an owner with untold personal wealth completely letting loose of the purse strings for the first time in 5 plus years...

Supermonkey_Wolf

Supports
Chelsea
It has nothing to do with Roman's money its down to big player sales and saving money in a transfer ban plus having a straight run at players with little competition from clubs that have struggled with Covid

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...72m-fee-for-kai-havertz-with-bayer-leverkusen

£72 mil upfront with up to another another £18 million depending on various clauses (inc Chelsea winning the Champs League in next five years).

Less than 2 Danny Drinkwaters. Bargain.
Leverkusen will receive €80m up front plus another €10m, with a further €10m potentially payable if a number of complicated clauses are met – including if Chelsea win the Champions League over the next five years
Looks like it's 90 million guaranteed + 10 million add ons (all in euros btw).

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why is he not allowed in the UK?

If it is due to his ties to Putin, how does he not fall foul of the Premier League owner stress test.
He's never been turned away from the UK, he's an Israeli citizen so can come here for 6 months without needing a visa.

The "fit and proper person" test you refer to has the following critea.

The Premier League has tighter restrictions than the Football League or National League. In general, a businessman will fail the test if:
  • They have power or influence over another Football League club[7]
  • They hold a significant interest in another Football League club[7]
  • They become prohibited by law from being a director[7]
  • They are filing for bankruptcy[7]
  • They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency[7]
  • They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency.
Roman would not come close to failing any of those.

Last edited:

RedRover

Literally only a keeper away from addressing all of our problems.
If you get a keeper, you're still a top class centre half light of challenging, in my opinion. Threw games away last year with poor defending, and that's not all on the keeper.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Looks like it's 90 million guaranteed + 10 million add ons (all in euros btw).
Hope the second 10m are comprised of multiple smaller requirements. E. g. 2m for a league title, 3m for a CL title, 1m for the FA cup, 1m if Havertz plays more than x minutes in x seasons, 1m if Havertz scores x goals etc. If Chelsea has to win league and CL and Havertz needs to make 100 appearances during that time window, that is pretty unlikely I fear.

That being said, 100m is a very good fee given the circumstances. Think that's a deal all three parties will profit from.

RedRover

but it should be good enough to guarantee top four and a good challenge in Europe - it's not always the very best team in Europe who wins the CL
It should, I agree. But that's not much of an improvement from this season for an outlay of £250 million. Won't Roman expect more?

I think they've bought well, but need to improve at the back. They could be like Liverpool before Van Dijk. Top centre back could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If you get a keeper, you're still a top class centre half light of challenging, in my opinion. Threw games away last year with poor defending, and that's not all on the keeper.
The attack will be much better than last season's, though. We should be putting these small teams we choked against to the sword which in turn means our defenders don't have to panic and concede silly goals as often. As we see with City all the time, if you score 2-3 goals these sides just give up.

That's the hope, anyways.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Think this will be a genuinely incredible transfer for Chelsea. I think Werner will flop, but I think Havertz is the real deal so was hoping they would fail to get him.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
No its mostly on the keeper.
Whilst i agree our defenders made mistakes
We actually were one of the best teams in the league when it come to least amount of shots conceded
Yet had an abysmal defensive record.
And kepa was historically statistically bad.
On the cb topic im happy for silva for this season and assess next summer.

RedRover

The attack will be much better than last season's, though. We should be putting these small teams we choked against to the sword which in turn means our defenders don't have to panic and concede silly goals as often. As we see with City all the time, if you score 2-3 goals these sides just give up.

That's the hope, anyways.
Maybe, but a "we'll score more than them" attitude is a risky way to play. Spending all that money I can't see why they haven't bought a centre half.

RedRover

We actually were one of the best teams in the league when it come to least amount of shots conceded
Silva has been a very good player. Be interesting to see if he has the legs for the PL now.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Think this will be a genuinely incredible transfer for Chelsea. I think Werner will flop, but I think Havertz is the real deal so was hoping they would fail to get him.
I have a hunch Werner is going to bag a lot of goals. I think Havertz, Pulisic and Ziyech supplying him could be great for him

I still think we arent done either. a GK i think is going to happen. And maybe closer we get to deadline, i predict a Declan Rice bid

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Not only defensive records but also attacking wise we are among top 3 in creating chances as well. And Lampard done that in first half with mostly two promoted championship players(mount and Tammy) in main starting 11.

Though mount and Tammy did well they are still youngsters and natural up and down in form was inevitable. When they were out of form Chelsea were one of the worst teams to finish of the chances. From December to start of March Chelsea were won just 5 matches from 14 directly collided with Tammy and mount struggling to find form Tammy scored 2 and mount 1 in those periods.

That's why I am so much optimistic about coming season and Lampard with what he has now in his playing staff s ability(Werner,ziyech,havertz,chilwell and Silva) he will do lot better than last season in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t forget 300 million!
Not yet 300 mn but 210 mn as of now including havertz bid but chelsea will get there if we bid for rice and goal keeper. Won't be surprised if reach that limit that is 300 mn in this window.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It should, I agree. But that's not much of an improvement from this season for an outlay of £250 million. Won't Roman expect more?

I think they've bought well, but need to improve at the back. They could be like Liverpool before Van Dijk. Top centre back could be the missing piece of the puzzle.
Smalling is available :wenger::nono:

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
You can tell from our transfers that Frank is looking for a forward 3 that can interchange. The speed and movement is going to be ridiculous hence why I think the key to everything coming off is Ziyech and his crazy diagonal passes. Only took 4 minutes against Brighton.

On the Back 3/4, obviously Silva is a stop gap. Why pay premium prices for trash CBs. He is playing the long game with a very adequate player for free.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He's that level of talent but in a more central area. Chelsea are making a big signing here and we should be adding Sancho if we want to keep up.
As a Leverkusen fan, I rate Havertz very highly but I don't think he's got as much potential as Sancho. For me Sancho is on the same level as Mbappe, Havertz the tier just below that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As a Leverkusen fan, I rate Havertz very highly but I don't think he's got as much potential as Sancho. For me Sancho is on the same level as Mbappe, Havertz the tier just below that.
He's that level of talent but in a more central area. Chelsea are making a big signing here and we should be adding Sancho if we want to keep up.
Yeah, Sancho looks a cut above for me.

Pathwayz

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, Sancho looks a cut above for me.
It is easier to look more flashier as a winger than a central player.

That is why wingers would look more exciting than central players of the same talent level.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is easier to look more flashier as a winger than a central player.

That is why wingers would look more exciting than central players of the same talent level.
He's more exciting because he's a better footballer.

Tbf to havertz his numbers for one so young are also great.
18 g 9 a in all competitions last season
and 20 g 7 a the season before
superb numbers for a CAM /RM
I'm sure Havertz will be an excellent footballer for you lot. As good an attacking midfielder as you could have gotten. But I do think Sancho is a level above. Not surprised the Leverkuson fans agrees.

Then again, who cares? You've got a wonderful talent and you actually have got Havertz (soon). We haven't got Sancho. So there's no real comparison to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.