Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The expectation/aim will be a comfortable top 4 finish with a much better Champions League showing I'd say. Challenging for the title and making it interesting, yes. But Liverpool and City are like 5 years into their projects and have totally settled teams and styles. Expecting us to instantly integrate basically a whole new team and make up 30 points is probably not going to happen.
Yeah, you're supposedly signing 5 new first team players, but are meant to hit the ground running and mount a title challenge first season. Totally unreasonable.

KennyBurner

80 + 20 million???? Chelsea are getting rinsed. This guy better be the luka doncic of football for the price being paid.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
They seem to be getting all of their 1st choice targets this summer. Only Rice and a GK left.

I'm jealous.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The biggest impact this has on us is if this is 100million, (Okay it's 80 + add ons, but you'd have to assume that at least half those add ons will be achieved, so lets say 90m) then there's no way we can possibly expect Sancho to cost any less then like, 110/115.
We aren't even willing to pay 108 million forget anything above that.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
IMO he's not as good as the reputation he is coming with. People talk like he's a generational talent but he won't be in that bracket. Will be interesting to see where Chelsea play him.
They should play him in a „Müller-role“ behind the main striker. I would assume he needs a good tactical setup but he could become an absolute immense player. He‘s still crazy young though already has tonnes of experience.
Worst case is he only becomes very good I‘d say.

Joe Cool

Supports
Chelsea
It surely is at least a two year project and by this I mean that this summer we completely rebuild the attacking line and the next summer we finally resolve the CB partnership and hopefully a new keeper comes in.

Whoever says we should win the title this coming season and anything other than that is a failure is as deluded as it gets.

Probably 3rd this season and maybe UCL QF, the attacking players get to settle to the PL pace and will have had one full season playing together, Reece James and the new LB cement their place and then there is only going to be the CB problem we will have to deal with and ONLY BY THEN we could say Chelsea is ready to challenge for the league title and at least a CL final in the coming seasons.

Going by the reports Thiago Silva looks done and dusted which IMHO is a brilliant deal FOR CHELSEA. Maybe he is too old and past his prime for other clubs, which I agree with, but FOR CHELSEA this would be a brilliant deal. At 36 he is miles ahead of all our current centre backs and if you ask me I would pair him with Azpilicueta at CB just because I simply do not trust any of the other CBs we have. Zouma, Christensen and that reckless, bomb ticking clown Rudiger are simply average, Arsenal/West Ham material.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The expectation/aim will be a comfortable top 4 finish with a much better Champions League showing I'd say. Challenging for the title and making it interesting, yes. But Liverpool and City are like 5 years into their projects and have totally settled teams and styles. Expecting us to instantly integrate basically a whole new team and make up 30 points is probably not going to happen.
Yeah, you're supposedly signing 5 new first team players, but are meant to hit the ground running and mount a title challenge first season. Totally unreasonable.
Some common sense about the expectations for Chelsea, finally. People seem to think that if you make 3-5 FIFA signings you instantly need to challenge for the title.

I'd say a 75-85 points finish, KO stages of the CL and a deep run in the FA and/or Carabao cup would be the objective for Chelsea. They finished on 66 points this season with a defeat ratio of almost 1 in 3 games - definitely need to do better next year or Lampard won't stay in charge for much longer. Jury is still out on whether he's the right man for the job imo since he got no transfer window last season.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
80 + 20 million???? Chelsea are getting rinsed. This guy better be the luka doncic of football for the price being paid.

Works out at £72m + £18m if he's a success. Not too far out when you consider Pogba was £90m some 5 years ago

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Some common sense about the expectations for Chelsea, finally. People seem to think that if you make 3-5 FIFA signings you instantly need to challenge for the title.

I'd say a 75-85 points finish, KO stages of the CL and a deep run in the FA and/or Carabao cup would be the objective for Chelsea. They finished on 66 points this season with a defeat ratio of almost 1 in 3 games - definitely need to do better next year or Lampard won't stay in charge for much longer. Jury is still out on whether he's the right man for the job imo since he got no transfer window last season.

I agree, I think so long as the club and fans see an improvement on this year we'll be happy. Comfortable top 4 whilst having a deep run in CL or winning a domestic trophy. Pressure will be on if he gets off to a bad start

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah the signings they’re making are extremely dangerous. It’s more worrying in the long run. We all know if Lampard can’t get them challenging then they’ll get in a manager who can and with the squad they’re building they’re well placed.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Hopefully we see this figure and realise that 108 isn’t too bad for Sancho. Anyway that’s not relevant in this thread, good signing... I hate you all.

Suvvernmanc

Pulisic Werner Ziyech
-------- Havertz
Kante --- Kovacic

Chelsea will be signing Silva and maybe Chilwell too. That is them signing top players for each of their weak positions.:eek:

Hoof the ball

Here's the thing. They know he's an elite talent and he has the potential to be one of the best players in the league in a very short time. 80+20 isn't nothing, but he's blue chip. It's high risk, but it's also potentially high pay off. You don't push the envelope, then you don't make great strides. We want top four only? Keep doing what we're doing and just add a few players for "squad depth", but we all know that we need more individual quality. Not marginally better players than we have, but significantly better ones.

starman

Fantastic player, but they are stacked up top, not sure they need him but shows the intent.... amazingly Mount is going to find himself on the bench.
Surely one of Barkley, CHO & RLC will be leaving.

TheLord

So Chelsea have finally replaced the 29-year-old Hazard sold for €100million with a 21-year-old Havertz (not position-wise, but money-wise), a 25-year-old underperforming Morata with a 24-year-old Werner who scored 34 goals this season, a 32-year-old declining Willian and a 33-year-old outdated Pedro for a 27-year-old Ziyech.

If ever the idea of using money from player sales for buying new players existed..

Both Chilwell and Silva are probably joining soon. If Kepa is also replaced, I might have nightmares.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Poor window by Chelsea. Why didn't they go for Joshua King and the like?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What are Chelsea thinking? For that price they could have got David Brooks & Josh King.

Feck, and what are we doing? Still no Sancho.
I believe we are in the preparing an enquiry stage. Give it 4 weeks & we’ll be in the preparing a bid way below the players valuation stage. Patience my friend.

Jibbs

So Chelsea have finally replaced the 29-year-old Hazard sold for €100million with a 21-year-old Havertz (not position-wise, but money-wise), a 25-year-old underperforming Morata with a 24-year-old Werner who scored 34 goals this season, a 32-year-old declining Willian and a 33-year-old outdated Pedro for a 27-year-old Ziyech.

If ever the idea of using money from player sales for buying new players existed..

Both Chilwell and Silva are probably joining soon. If Kepa is also replaced, I might have nightmares.
Chelsea have always been excellent in their transfer dealings.

PoTMS

So that's another club finishing ahead of us next season. Too much quality added to a team that finished on level points with us. Highest I can see us finishing is 4th place.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I agree, I think so long as the club and fans see an improvement on this year we'll be happy. Comfortable top 4 whilst having a deep run in CL or winning a domestic trophy. Pressure will be on if he gets off to a bad start
Which isn't beyond the realm of possibilities imo (without looking at your schedule, but I know you have us as second or third game already). It usually takes time for new players to settle in, different club and different league and all that. Werner might hit the ground running, he might not, same goes for Havertz and Ziyech. Chilwell should slot right in but let's say Thiago Silva also joins, that's potentially / probably 2 new starters in your back four, in front of a goalkeeper they might not have confidence in (right away)...

All difficult to predict really, but Lampard might be wise to ease them in (or at least some of them) instead of dropping 5 new signings into his starting XI. Klopp always does too (e.g. Fabinho) and it usually pays off in the long run. But yeah, especially given the fact that Utd hasn't brought in anyone of note and Tottenham neither (I think), a comfortable top 4 finish should be the minimum for you guys. Perhaps finishing close to us/City is also possible if it all clicks sooner than later.

murali_red

They have got great money for Costa too. We didn't sell Rooney when he was flirting, didn't sell De Gea, when they Real were after him, not too sure on Pogba, yes they have had their fair share of failures as well, but they are very efficient in transfer market.
We are close to shambles after SAF so far, increasing wage bills, buying crocked players, unable to sell deadwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.