Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

what makes you say he is lacking in intelligence?
Clearly saying that because he’s black and even comparing him to Bailly. He’s levels ahead. Could have used Jones but had to do the Bailly comparison.

haram

Clearly saying that because he’s black and even comparing him to Bailly. He’s levels ahead. Could have used Jones but had to do the Bailly comparison.
Got the same feeling he only said those things because he’s black.

Loublaze

ATLien
I'm praying we don't go for him. Just a more expensive version of Bailly. I want a defender with a brain as well as ability.
You really need to rethink the shit you say before you hit that 'post reply' button. Just saying

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I haven't seen too much of him but I'm getting the feeling that Koulibaily is rated more for his attacking exploits than his actual defense.

ArjenIsM3

The price being quoted is absolutely ridiculous. Hope we steer well clear. Good player obviously but they're asking 150m fecking euros. Rather get Manolas and Alderweireld for less than half that and sell Rojo and Jones.

Jim Reaper

The price being quoted is absolutely ridiculous. Hope we steer well clear. Good player obviously but they're asking 150m fecking euros. Rather get Manolas and Alderweireld for less than half that and sell Rojo and Jones.
This kind of thinking is what gets you in our position. If you want the best you have to pay the price and in todays market the price is high. Toby is on his way down and Manolas is good but not on Koulibaly's level.

Mostly for his actual defensive ability..
This. He is a defensive machine. A beast. He can play though, Koulibaly has demonsyrated his technical prowess often byt his defensive aspects are his main power.

Jim Reaper

You really need to rethink the shit you say before you hit that 'post reply' button. Just saying
Agree. That was literally one of the stupidiest posts ive seen on here and that is saying something.

ArjenIsM3

This kind of thinking is what gets you in our position. If you want the best you have to pay the price and in todays market the price is high. Toby is on his way down and Manolas is good but not on Koulibaly's level.

This. He is a defensive machine. A beast. He can play though, Koulibaly has demonsyrated his technical prowess often byt his defensive aspects are his main power.
Erm, no. We bought the wrong players. It's not that we were cheapskates as we spent loads of money. You're basically saying feck value for money just pay up. Do you even realize that would mean spending over half our summer budget on a CB? It's ridiculous.

sherrinford

Erm, no. We bought the wrong players. It's not that we were cheapskates as we spent loads of money. You're basically saying feck value for money just pay up. Do you even realize that would mean spending over half our summer budget on a CB? It's ridiculous.
Trying to spread the money in an attempt to plug all gaps will inevitably lead to us bringing in lesser players, which we need to avoid.

Suv666

He was great tonight. Would be my first choice. I'd be okay of we spent 80-90 million quid on him, he's clearly the best attainable centre back right now.

Suv666

Quality over quantity mate. I'd rather have one world class centre back than 4 mediocre CB's

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wouldn't be surprised if De La accepted around £80m for him. Napoli were average against Arsenal tonight and their best chance was created by Koulibaly. Napoli should sell and reinvest into the team. Koulibaly i'm hoping will also push for a move because he's wasted at Napoli..

Wayne's World

If we are serious about challenging for trophies again and not be just a commercial club then we should sign him. I don't have any faith in our board to do the right thing and we'll probably be stuck with Jones and Smailling again next season.

He would transform this club like what Van Dijk has done at Liverpool defensively.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’ll be 30 or pushing it by the time we’re actually challenging.

Doesn’t fit the age profile of the team we’re trying to build at all.

Toby at £25m makes a lot more sense.
I'd rather spend a £100m on Koulibaly than waste more funds on a slow defender like Toby.

Sylar

Hes basically a month younger than VVD. I think it would make sense given the market today (and where we want to be)
Our issue of going for cheaper alternatives hasnt been all that good.(If he has been identified as somebody who can lead us in the back).

The Nani

I'd rather spend a £100m on Koulibaly than waste more funds on a slow defender like Toby.
That is just nuts. The difference in fees could net us one game changer or two quality players. Also CB is one of our least pressing issues considering Tuanzebe is ready to be part of the first team next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That is just nuts. The difference in fees could net us one game changer or two quality players. Also CB is one of our least pressing issues considering Tuanzebe is ready to be part of the first team next season.
I'd rather us spend all our budget on three clear upgrades, rather than bring in more future deadwood like Toby.

Suv666

I’d rather sign Alderweireld, 2/3 quality attackers and midfielders and a quality fullback.

Price and risk is just too high for Koulibaly at his age.
What are you on about? What is this obsession with age our squad is littered with young players actually one of the reason why we are so crap and inconsistent we need mature heads in there. And he's fecking 27 mate.
Also which 3 quality attackers are you hoping to buy in 80-90 mill in today's market?

Suv666

So?
Ramos is 32, Bonucci is 31. Centre back is the position where you need mature and experienced players.

Cliche Guevara

I can’t make any sense of this at all. I appreciate you’re taking the budget into account but why but Toby at all given the profile? Buy an older, inferior, player just because he’s cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.