Kalvin Phillips | City Player (West Ham loan watch)

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
He was not that good in Leeds. People love overrating players. There are lot of them.
He really was very good at Leeds, but only because the entire system was built around him as its anchor. Exemplified his strengths, minimised his weaknesses. Also, Bielsa filled everyone with confidence and motivated them to be as fit as possible.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Never a good move to sign a player in semi retirement.

They didn't really need him either as central midfield is by far the strongest part of their squad.

Complete nonsense if he actually starts for England in the summer still.

arthurka

He has been under a cozy and toasty blanket for a while now not sure it helps you're football playing.

T_Model101

There's another 4 years left on his City deal
I can see another Drinkwater situation, where he's loaned out for years. At this point he's not even championship level

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not sure how souceks form has been but the entire West Ham team is struggling. Not sure Philips in his current shape is the answer though. Doesn’t Alvarez do the exact same job?
They could just play Alvarez and JWP in the pivot but Moyes decided to play Ward Prowse as pressing number 10 just to get Phillips in the team. :lol:

Badly missed Paqueta over the last six weeks, their results since he got injured at Arsenal say it all.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They could just play Alvarez and JWP in the pivot but Moyes decided to play Ward Prowse as pressing number 10 just to get Phillips in the team. :lol:

Badly missed Paqueta over the last six weeks, their results since he got injured at Arsenal say it all.
Yeah Paqueta has been a big miss. Thought they’d start picking up once Kudus returned but it hasn’t been the case. Typical Moyes conservatism though.

Oranges038

Not having a good run, he really isn't all thar good, just a squad filler for City for European homegrown quotas.

SAFMUTD

Must be the worst start to a loan I've seen he's been absolutely shit. Gifted two goals to opposition and had a red card in about 4 games, three of them that he didn't started.

Still he'll get the call by Southgate

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
There's another 4 years left on his City deal
I can see another Drinkwater situation, where he's loaned out for years. At this point he's not even championship level
A loan move was possibly the worst thing Man C could have done, his value is dropping every time he pulls on a West Ham shirt.

Robertd0803

Its amusing me no end how shit his loan spell has been. The fact hes costing West Ham points every game just adds to my amusement.

Castia

Knew he didn’t have to perform at City he was a bench player at best and regardless if he played or not wasn’t losing his England spot

The ultimate case of losing all motivation