Kane vs Aubameyang

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Both brilliant?
They clearly are, but as everything these days you cant have a debate without being sensational, they are vastly different footballers, with different skill sets. I'm a Spurs fan so of course I will say Kane but if we ever had a chance in the pat to sign Aubameyang I wouldn't have said no, both in the same line up would be a scary thought.

Supports
England
Kane for everything except raw pace and superfluous dazzle. If I wanted a winger, I'd probably be railroaded into picking Auba by Kane's achilles heel, which is his lack of agility, but for anything else, I'd take Kane.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They clearly are, but as everything these days you cant have a debate without being sensational, they are vastly different footballers, with different skill sets. I'm a Spurs fan so of course I will say Kane but if we ever had a chance in the pat to sign Aubameyang I wouldn't have said no, both in the same line up would be a scary thought.
Where would you play Aubameyang? Drop Son? Change tactics completely to compensate them?

Supports
England
I mean I'm not going to take one game as an indication of a player but my god it looks a stupid comment right now :lol::lol:
Although 4 assists in a match is an anomaly (for any player), it more accurately indicates Kane's level of team play than his shitty career assist stats (at least at club level; for England, his stats more fairly reflect his role as a prolific creator). He should already have a lot more club assists than he actually does. For England, he's already done the hat-trick of assists thing as well as excellent braces, including in key games against big teams (e.g. Spain).

Kane's had a club game like Southampton coming for a very long time now. It's about time people realised that Kane being selfish is an outdated meme, if it was ever true (by which I mean, should anyone actually want one of the most clinical finishers in the world to stop taking shots?).

Last edited:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I realise this will probably have been asked and answered numerous times, but why did it take so long for another club to sign Auba from Dortmund? It's a shame just since he's now the wrong side of 30.

Supports
England
Where would you play Aubameyang? Drop Son? Change tactics completely to compensate them?
I don't know if he could fit/get into the XI of a team that can field Kane, Bale and Son. When all match fit, that's already a world class attack among the favourites of any competition in which they participate.

Unfortunately, there's everything else behind them, which is the reason they won't win any of those competitions.

shahzy

i have a sneaky feeling Kane will drop off massively once he gets to 30. He just looks slow and less dynamic than he was say at 23-24 (Duh obviously). Auba, while older seems to be the better suited athlete to keep going after that. So if i had a choice id pick Auba for that reason

Supports
England
i have a sneaky feeling Kane will drop off massively once he gets to 30. He just looks slow and less dynamic than he was say at 23-24 (Duh obviously). Auba, while older seems to be the better suited athlete to keep going after that. So if i had a choice id pick Auba for that reason
That's reasonable logic that, even as an avowed Kane fanboy, I find hard to criticise. The only thing I would say is that I expect (and obviously hope) that Kane will find some way to continue as an effective footballer for a long time to come, due to his obvious dedication to and love of the sport. He already puts much harsher restrictions on his diet and lifestyle than most players to minimise his natural weaknesses and I reckon he'll be as disciplined as required, going to whatever lengths necessary, to maintain his career.

Mr Smith

I realise this will probably have been asked and answered numerous times, but why did it take so long for another club to sign Auba from Dortmund? It's a shame just since he's now the wrong side of 30.
He was quite happy at Dortmund from my recollection. I remember interest from PSG and Real, and he chose to stay put.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
One thing though is he doesnt rely on his pace, he has never been overly quick. So losing that yard of pace at 30+ is a kind of whatever, as long as he keeps his upper body strength to hold off players and shield the ball he should be ok. I have question marks over Bale though, a player who relies a lot on that blistering pace. And how he made his name, blazing past Maicon, and just about everyone else unfortunate enough to get stuck marking him.

Actually thought the reason they brought in Son initially was because of how slow Spurs' attacking players were, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, the slow lane.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So anyone who said "easily Auba" changed their minds? Or Arsenal fans who thought it was laughable to even compare them (well in a way it's true).

As part of attacking 3, Auba has 1 goal from open play (that was on the opening day of the season) and 1 penalty goal vs us. Kane has been in such a superb form, it's looks like it's not even a contest.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
A damp squib of a contest this season. Playing Auba from the left in a defensive side is killing the guy's productivity.

Idxomer

Kane has gone up another level this season, but he was always better than Aubameyang.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I just don't understand the caf's weird anti-fascination with Kane

It's a dumb thread. Kane is better. Has been better since his breakout season. Kane has been one of the 4 best strikers in the world for the past 6 years. Right now only Lewandowski and Cristiano are arguably better, and that's been the case since Suarez dropped down a level a few years ago...

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Kane is a better player but it's a poor comparison to use this season, it's like seeing who can bounce highest, giving Kane a trampoline (Good attacking players playing attacking football) and strapping concrete blocks to Auba (Defensive play style, pushed onto wing)...

I do rate Kane overall as a more complete player, I think on their day in the same team and both as a #9, Auba is the superior finisher but Kane is better at holding up, in the air, build up play etc..

Wayne's World

What has happened to Aubameyang this season? Been one of the best players in the league for the past two seasons for me personally but watching him yesterday he looks so laboured in his movements and even on the ball you don't see any threat from him.

Sanchez fall like performances so far this season

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What has happened to Aubameyang this season? Been one of the best players in the league for the past two seasons for me personally but watching him yesterday he looks so laboured in his movements and even on the ball you don't see any threat from him.

New contract syndrome and clearly doesn't like playing off the left.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

There's a reason why Aubameyang is at Arsenal and not a club competing for league and European titles.

Build the team around Aubameyang and he will score you goals. Whether he's good enough to make building a team around him worthwhile is another matter entirely.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

He's missing Troopz

hubbuh

It only took Kane one game more than Agüero to reach 150 PL goals, and a handful more than Shearer. Fantastic player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A season or so ago, I'd have said no, but with Kane seemingly turning into Michael Laudrup with the passing weight and accuracy, who knows?!
Kane has always been an incredible passer

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
There's a reason why Aubameyang is at Arsenal and not a club competing for league and European titles.

Build the team around Aubameyang and he will score you goals. Whether he's good enough to make building a team around him worthwhile is another matter entirely.
Is Kane at a club competing for league and European titles?

Silly point

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

A combination of being stinking rich and Arteta's new formation making him work a lot harder defensively.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Is Kane at a club competing for league and European titles?

Silly point
As much as this is the Kane vs Auba thread, I wasn't really making a point about Kane in contrast. You don't actually particularly need to build around him. He can play a number of slightly different forward roles effectively to get the most out of your other players.

Kane's also never left his first club. If he left, I suspect he would be going upwards, not to a side of Arsenal's stature fighting for Europa League qualification.