Kane vs Aubameyang

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A damp squib of a contest this season. Playing Auba from the left in a defensive side is killing the guy's productivity.
I think I saw a tweet saying his xG(!) for the whole season(!) as of right now is at 2.78. :lol: He’s taken fewer shots than Maguire this season. Arteta’s got him playing like a relegation bound winger. Type of thing you’d expect to hear about West Brom’s wingers, not one of the highest paid players in the league for Arsenal.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I think I saw a tweet saying his xG(!) for the whole season(!) as of right now is at 2.78. :lol: He’s taken fewer shots than Maguire this season. Arteta’s got him playing like a relegation bound winger. Type of thing you’d expect to hear about West Brom’s wingers, not one of the highest paid players in the league for Arsenal.
It's mad. He's trying to shoehorn Lacazette in there who hasn't been much better. You would think he was banging them in if he's displacing Auba from that position.

Just play Auba down the middle and Saka on the left. What was the point of getting him to sign a new contract if you're not even going to get the best out of him?

Idxomer

I just don't understand the caf's weird anti-fascination with Kane

It's a dumb thread. Kane is better. Has been better since his breakout season. Kane has been one of the 4 best strikers in the world for the past 6 years. Right now only Lewandowski and Cristiano are arguably better, and that's been the case since Suarez dropped down a level a few years ago...
I get it.

His style isn't always aesthetically pleasing and for years didn't perform as good as he was in the fixture against United, and we love to judge players from individual games. It's also why many find Salah overrated here.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This shouldn't even be up for discussion. While Aubamayang is indeed a very good player, Kane is one of the best in the world in his position. In fact, the only #9 who is better than Kane is Lewandowski...

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This shouldn't even be up for discussion. While Aubamayang is indeed a very good player, Kane is one of the best in the world in his position. In fact, the only #9 who is better than Kane is Lewandowski...
Even that is debatable.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Even that is debatable.
Amazing thing is, the only players I can think of that I would even mention in the same breath as Kane are all on the wrong side of 30 (including Lewandowski). Halland is the only young player who I'd also consider among the elite (Kane, Lewandowski, Aguero, Saurez). There may be some other good players, but none are world class like the players mentioned here. At least not in my humble opinion. Unless I'm missing someone??

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Amazing thing is, the only players I can think of that I would even mention in the same breath as Kane are all on the wrong side of 30 (including Lewandowski). Halland is the only young player who I'd also consider among the elite (Kane, Lewandowski, Aguero, Saurez). There may be some other good players, but none are world class like the players mentioned here. At least not in my humble opinion. Unless I'm missing someone??
I think Haaland and Mbappe could get to the level of Lewandowski, Kane, Aguero, Suarez. They represent the next wave of world class strikers once Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero, hang up the boots or are in the twilight of their careers. Kane will be say 31, which means Mbappe will be 25 and Haaland 24, strikers are generally in their prime around 25-30.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think Haaland and Mbappe could get to the level of Lewandowski, Kane, Aguero, Suarez. They represent the next wave of world class strikers once Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero, hang up the boots or are in the twilight of their careers. Kane will be say 31, which means Mbappe will be 25 and Haaland 24, strikers are generally in their prime around 25-30.
Mbappé is already there

Haaland not quite

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Halland yes...but will M'Bappe be a #9? I picture him remaining as a winger. Could be wrong though...

archiebald

Even that is debatable.
Lewandowski edges Kane in almost every aspect except passing. It's a wash on their hold-up play, and Lewandowski for me is better in terms of pace, dribbling, shifting the ball between feet and shooting.

Halland yes...but will M'Bappe be a #9? I picture him remaining as a winger. Could be wrong though...
Agree, think his skillset better suits that of a wide forward than CF.

base615

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Some of the early responses to this thread are frankly laughable.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As of now, Haaland is a better striker than Mbappé
He's really, really not
Haaland is a better finisher because for the last 2 seasons he's played in teams that play to his strengths. Mbappe is very talented and has astonishing pace but as we've seen PSG are a just a collection of talents than a team IMO. Put Mbappe in a team like BM and he'd fill his boots

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland is a better finisher because for the last 2 seasons he's played in teams that play to his strengths. Mbappe is very talented and has astonishing pace but as we've seen PSG are a just a collection of talents than a team IMO. Put Mbappe in a team like BM and he'd fill his boots
Mbappé's last 3 seasons: 43 games, 39 goals. 37 games, 30 goals. 8 games, 7 goals

While playing on a team that asks him to be a creator as much as a goalscorer...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Mbappé's last 3 seasons: 43 games, 39 goals. 37 games, 30 goals. 8 games, 7 goals

While playing on a team that asks him to be a creator as much as a goalscorer...
I agree but my point is that Haaland is currently the better finisher not the better player

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
He's really, really not
I follow Mbappé's games every week here in France and often watch Haaland with Dortmund, and i can say that from what I've seen from both of them, Haaland is clearly the better striker (finisher) of the two.
Mbappé wants to play as a striker rather than as a wing forward, but he's just not very good (yet) as a center forward.
Mbappé's a better dribbler, Haaland the better striker. Both are very fast.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Some of the early responses to this thread are frankly laughable.
You should see the first half or so of the Harry Kane thread, some of the posts early on in that thread are great. One season wonder, Welbeck is easily the superior player, tap in merchant, outperforming his xG, nothing player, etc etc.

Kane definitely experienced a slump in form for an extended period of time, granted injury related, but a slump never the less. Whereas PEA was on fire for that period so it is understandable the Arsenal supporters disregarding what Kane had done in the league previous to his dip.

But to be honest Arsenal supporters would probably vote Francis Jeffers better than Kane simply because it's Kane.

GlasgowCeltic

Like comparing Kevin Phillips and Shearer, Phillips will always have that one year when he outscored everyone, but in the end nobody cares, we all knew who the better player was