Kashmir

MJJ

No one gives a shit about all the propagandist lies Hypocrit pakistanis cry about to the world regarding Kashmir. Check.
Yeah those popular pakistani propagandist websites like ft and bbc.

Kashmir is more than a Hindu vs Muslim issue. Perhaps it originated as such, but it's now more complex than that. There is a big chunk of population that is against Modi, but considering not many protest this says a lot about his not being just a Hindutva agenda and more of a Indian priority. We believe that Art 370 was a mistake that just rationalizes the ambiguity that results in Kashmir being a conflict zone for about 70 years now. This is a step in right direction, and yes, I do believe that the current measures though radical are lesser in evil than the situation without them that would just result in widespread chaos. Any sensible person could see the results of this move and without proactive protective measures, this would be a disaster.

Pakistan (and Pakistanis) should just stop shit stirring and leave it to India to resolve this and UN if there are HR violations. The issue is now domestic.

And as for me being a Muslim hater, I don' believe I have anything to prove to you or anyone in an Internet forum of my credentials. Think what you want.
Do you believe any human rights violations have happened in Kashmir?

kps88

Do you believe any human rights violations have happened in Kashmir?
They've been going on forever though, often with both sides to blame. There have been times of longer blackouts and far more violence in the past. And I can assure you an Indian politician saying something misogynistic is not just a Kashmir issue, it happens in all states. Things as they stand now are actually pretty calm all things considered. Even the BBC stuff you keep quoting isn't all that bad but your tone in this thread has been as if the region is on fire. Let's wait and see how things are once they start opening up to the media more.

MJJ

They've been going on forever though, often with both sides to blame. There have been times of longer blackouts and far more violence in the past. And I can assure you an Indian politician saying something misogynistic is not just a Kashmir issue, it happens in all states. Things as they stand now are actually pretty calm all things considered. Even the BBC stuff you keep quoting isn't all that bad but your tone in this thread has been as if the region is on fire. Let's wait and see how things are once they start opening up to the media more.
The misogyny is not coming from just an indian politician but a sizeable group on social media. And the region is on fire, denying people the right to leave their homes, having a total blackout on the internet, landlines and media, arresting all the political leaders of a region? This isn't democracy in action but fascism.

Your PM very conveniently avoided saying when that will happen when he was focusing on his Bollywood movies.

For all of you defending this, I would love to see how calmly you would be taking it if a curfew was enforced in your area, with landlines and internet blocked and the police shooting at every person protesting.

Pakistan (and Pakistanis) should just stop shit stirring and leave it to India to resolve this and UN if there are HR violations. The issue is now domestic.
A big part of that is the denial by most of you Indian posters about any human rights violation. Even edgar who believes there has been hr violations uses terms like if when discussing it.

kps88

The misogyny is not coming from just an indian politician but a sizeable group on social media. And the region is on fire, denying people the right to leave their homes, having a total blackout on the internet, landlines and media, arresting all the political leaders of a region? This isn't democracy in action but fascism.

Your PM very conveniently avoided saying when that will happen when he was focusing on his Bollywood movies.

For all of you defending this, I would love to see how calmly you would be taking it if a curfew was enforced in your area, with landlines and internet blocked and the police shooting at every person protesting.
Wait, bhakts on social media are being misogynist?! What a surprise. Like I said, that isn't anything exclusive to Kashmir.

It's a messy situation with no easy solutions. I'm sure there have been human rights violations by both sides.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Okay guess you aren't as bad as the likes of Patrick. You just choose to ignore it.
A big part of that is the denial by most of you Indian posters about any human rights violation. Even edgar who believes there has been hr violations uses terms like if when discussing it.
Nobody is ignoring/denying it. Local insurgency fueled by by Pakistan, Indian Army actions...there's not any single person to blame for all the atrocities. Everyone involved should share the blame. Your posts in this thread reeks of selective agenda which I dispute, not the underlying problem.

You've selectively chosen to deny Pakistan's involvement in the situation and just happy to portray yourself as some kind of Human rights messiah, which is list laughable if situation wasn't so sad.

MJJ

Wait, bhakts on social media are being misogynist?! What a surprise. Like I said, this isn't anything exclusive to Kashmir.

It's a messy situation with no easy solutions. I'm sure there have been human rights violations by both sides.
Currently the human rights violations are from india to kashmiris. Not both sides, not Pakistani agenda, etc. You guys should accept this and either protest or complain not paint it out as economic development or trumpist speech of there are bad people on both sides.

MJJ

Nobody is ignoring it. Local insurgency fueled by by Pakistan, Indian Army actions...there's not any single person to blame for all the atrocities. Everyone involved should share the blame. Your posts in this thread reeks of selective agenda which I dispute, not the underlying problem.
Pillow until I actually asked you, you kept saying if there are human rights violation. Thay is either downplaying it for an agenda or straight up ignoring it. I have yet to see you condemn the violations and all your posts here are defending it.

My post reek of selective agenda, you wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't a pakistani. Instead of getting blinded by bakht tinted glasses, why don't you actually read what I post? I go out of my way to find neutral websites instead of pakistanis ones as I know some of you turn your brains off when you see .pk .

kps88

Currently the human rights violations are from india to kashmiris. Not both sides, not Pakistani agenda, etc. You guys should accept this and either protest or complain not paint it out as economic development or trumpist speech of there are bad people on both sides.
I don't think you'll find a lot of people on here who think curfews and blackouts are good things. Yes, that is a human rights violation. But you should try not to reduce such a complex issue to just the last few days. If you can't, then you're just as bad as Patrick.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Pillow until I actually asked you, you kept saying if there are human rights violation. Thay is either downplaying it for an agenda or straight up ignoring it. I have yet to see you condemn the violations and all your posts here are defending it.

My post reek of selective agenda, you wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't a pakistani. Instead of getting blinded by bakht tinted glasses, why don't you actually read what I post? I go out of my way to find neutral websites instead of pakistanis ones as I know some of you turn your brains off when you see .pk .
Neither you nor I are neutrals in this issue, so why don't you stop pretending? Your holier than thou attitude is just plain fake and comes across as such. Pakistan's only interest is in human rights of Kashmiris's, my ass...as fake as your posts.

It's a disputed war zone. Human rights violations are caused due to variety of factors due to variety of parties and all must be condoned. Anyway, with end to the 370, I do believe peace will return to Kashmir.....if Pakistan stays out out of a domestic issue.

sport2793

Yeah if only those pesky Pakistanis would be quiet let india carry out human rights violations.
Pakistan and human rights, quite the paradox. Honestly, if Pakistanis focused less on India and more on themselves the world would be a better and safer place. You folks just had to be the ones to hide Osama :lol:. Does anything the Indian army has done in Kashmir match up to what Pak did in what is now Bangladesh? In the 20th century arguably only the Holocaust and the Armenian genocide are worse than 1971 in terms of the scale of the atrocities. In Kashmir itself Pakistan fueled the terrorism that ultimately drove whatever Hindus were in the Kashmir valley to flee and leave all possessions behind, and now you're worried about the same thing happening to the Kashmiri muslims, bit hypocritical no? (a rhetorical question btw)

With this said, I think you should continue to post in the thread as it gives me a hearty chuckle, much like The Don does with his daily tweets. Please continue to entertain!

MJJ

I don't think you'll find a lot of people on here who think curfews and blackouts are good things. Yes, that is a human rights violation. But you should try not to reduce such a complex issue to just the last few days. If you can't, then you're just as bad as Patrick.
The issue currently in question is due to the last few days though. The difference is that you (probably) think that the human rights violation are a justified cost for future development whereas I think things will only get worse from now on.

Neither you nor I are neutrals in this issue, so why don't you stop pretending? Your holier than thou attitude is just plain fake and comes across as such. Pakistan's only interest is in human rights of Kashmiris's, my ass...as fake as your posts.

It's a disputed war zone. Human rights violations are caused due to variety of factors due to variety of parties and all must be condoned. Anyway, with end to the 370, I do believe peace will return to Kashmir.....if Pakistan stays out out of a domestic issue.
So when I asked you to comment on the contents of the stuff I have shared your response is neither of us are neutrals? :lol: and please, if the Pakistani government would take part in a genocide I would be commenting against it not defending it as mindless sheep.

"All must be condoned" and yet you haven't condoned the acts of Modi.

kps88

The issue currently in question is due to the last few days though. The difference is that you (probably) think that the human rights violation are a justified cost for future development whereas I think things will only get worse from now on.
I don't think that. They're bad no matter the end result. Not sure what else you want me to do/say? It's been a fecked up situation long before the last few days.

I'm not sure if things will get worse. It's possible things get worse short term but maybe better long term. Or the other way around. Or things stay the same. It's not like everyone's going to be running to Kashmir right now anyway, it'll be a few years before we can really judge the impact. None of us really know.

MJJ

I don't think that. They're bad no matter the end result. Not sure what else you want me to do/say? It's been a fecked up situation long before the last few days.

I'm not sure if things will get worse. It's possible things get worse short term but maybe better long term. Or the other way around. Or things stay the same. It's not like everyone's going to be running to Kashmir right now anyway, it'll be a few years before we can really judge the impact. None of us really know.
Hope this is the case but I think you will need somebody other than modi in charge for things to get better.

Agree with your last two sentences.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

How was Article 370 responsible for violence ?

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Even though i agree with the point that the given dataset is trying to make, but a small issue with the data itself is that it covers all the regions of J&K and isn’t just Kashmir specific.
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here mate. Article 370 wasn’t just for the valley but it extended to whole of J&K.

SaboTaj

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here mate. Article 370 wasn’t just for the valley but it extended to whole of J&K.
I’m aware of that.

But people tend to consider such articles as representative of the valley’s economic and social status quo. That is the bit i was trying to clear out.

Patrick08

Okay guess you aren't as bad as the likes of Patrick. You just choose to ignore it.
It's absolute minimum MR when compared to the Tanks and airforce being used on population in Pakistan and mass graves in that part of the world.

The very same people from the support of Pakistan genocided other religions from the valley. Will you ever stand up against those human rights violations you will choose to post ridiculous propaganda here accusing a certain govt and army like The PM and army of Pakistan?

Terrorism is the most brutal human rights violation which is spread by Pakistan army in the valley and in Afghanistan for several decades in the same continuing fashion from the jihad war in Afghanistan which kill their fellow people themselves.

I can accuse you of being a terrorist sympathiser and just as bad as anyone.

Last edited:

MJJ

It's absolute minimum MR when compared to the Tanks and airforce being used on population in Pakistan and mass graves in that part of the world.

The very same people from the support of Pakistan genocided other religions from the valley. Will you ever stand up against those human rights violations you will choose to post ridiculous propaganda here accusing a certain govt and army like The PM and army of Pakistan?

Terrorism is the most brutal human rights violation which is spread by Pakistan army in the valley and in Afghanistan for several decades in the same continuing fashion from the jihad war in Afghanistan which kill their fellow people themselves.

I can accuse you of being a terrorist synthesiser and just as bad as anyone.
You almost got through that post with no spelling mistakes, better luck next time.

MJJ

In the video statement posted on Twitter, UN spokesperson Rupert Colville reiterated the organisation's previous concerns over the human rights situation in Kashmir saying a previous report had "documented how authorities have repeatedly blocked communications networks to muzzle dissent, used arbitrary detention to punish political dissidents and employed excessive force while dealing with protests leading to extra judicial killings and serious injuries".

But he said the new restrictions had taken the situation to "a new level".

The UN was now "seeing again blanket telecommunications restrictions, perhaps more blanket than we have seen before", he said.

He warned the bans would prevent people from "participating fully in democratic debate about the future status of Jammu and Kashmir".

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
In the video statement posted on Twitter, UN spokesperson Rupert Colville reiterated the organisation's previous concerns over the human rights situation in Kashmir saying a previous report had "documented how authorities have repeatedly blocked communications networks to muzzle dissent, used arbitrary detention to punish political dissidents and employed excessive force while dealing with protests leading to extra judicial killings and serious injuries".

But he said the new restrictions had taken the situation to "a new level".

The UN was now "seeing again blanket telecommunications restrictions, perhaps more blanket than we have seen before", he said.

He warned the bans would prevent people from "participating fully in democratic debate about the future status of Jammu and Kashmir".

How much was he paid? Fake news.

Patrick08

Sorry, I would respond to your post properly but I understand coverage isn't the best that far up Modis ass and don't want to waste your bandwidth.
:lol: Or just accept the fact that cat got your tongue when I made my arguments that you decided to take it personal like a teen.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This thread has suddenly gone quiet. No posts for 9.5 hours!?

Foxbatt

Maybe because there is no solution to this huge issue. India cannot afford to give it up and Pakistan cannot afford to let India keep it. It is crazy to be honest.

chetan

You really believe there is no agenda from Pakistan here. I agree with some of the things that you have to say (Human Rights violation is an issue here) but it's Pakistani agenda that has made the situation what it is today. Kashmir being more involved will help its economic development. It may get worse before it gets better.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Under cover of night, ailing try to find way to Srinagar hospitals
Restrictions on movements during the day are stringent and it’s only when darkness descends that people in desperate need of medical assistance try to venture out.

This report is a day late. As it has been these past six days with the security lockdown in place across the Valley, and all communication lines downed. Restrictions on movements during the day are stringent and it’s only when darkness descends that people in desperate need of medical assistance try to venture out. The cover of darkness becomes their passage to the city outside the four walls of their homes.

Shops remain shuttered, and the streets are almost empty barring the security personnel enforcing the prohibitory orders. Behind closed doors, people wait patiently. It’s an anxious wait — of patients desperate to reach the nearest health facility, of patients discharged from hospitals but unable to reach their homes, of parents waiting for word from sons and daughters studying outside the Valley, of worried migrant labourers waiting for relaxation of prohibitory orders so they can head home to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.

The Shri Maharaja Hari Singh (SMHS) Hospital, usually packed with patients and attendants every night, now receives a trickle. Its corridors and wards are more or less empty and ambulances are stationed outside, in a row. A doctor at the hospital told The Indian Express: “There were days when there would be no beds available for patients and we would accommodate two patients on a single bed. But as you can see today, the beds are empty.”

“We receive very few patients in the emergency section as well. We are worried about patients who need critical care. Every day, we used to receive over two dozen cases of heart attack. Only a few are coming these days, mostly from Srinagar. What of the others? We don’t know.”
https://indianexpress.com/article/i...ry-to-find-way-to-srinagar-hospitals-5893481/

Modiji cured heart attacks in Kashmir :cool:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Kashmir Valley has seen many a lockdown but why this time it is so different
The Kashmir Valley’s connection with the inside and the outside world has been cut — all internet connectivity, cellular, landline, and cable TV services have been snapped.

A senior PDP leader told The Indian Express that leaders of four political parties had an informal meeting. Calling the move to reorganise the state a “Constitutional fraud,” he said: “There is no sanctity of the Instrument of Accession. Our participation in elections will be signing our own death sentence. There is a growing feeling that the only way forward at this moment is to start a joint resistance.”

“First, the NIA, Enforcement Directorate and other agencies were used to harass and intimidate separatists. We thought they are doing it to purge the separatists,” the leader said. “We didn’t know they will come for us too, those who have held the Tricolour for the last 70 years, those who were true Indians in Kashmir.”

Roads are closed, many ATMs are without money, fuel stations are shut and daily essentials are drying up across homes.

At Nowgam, a 22-year-old man was hit by a speeding vehicle. A Maruti van driver picked him up and rushed him to Shri Maharaja Hari Singh (SMHS) hospital. “We were stopped at every checkpoint and not allowed to move forward. After pleading with them, they allowed us to move ahead,” said the driver of the vehicle. “It took us two and a half hours to reach here (Jehangir Chowk)”. The vehicle was stopped at Jehangir Chowk and not allowed to move forward. An ambulance came and shifted the patient but not before he died.
https://indianexpress.com/article/i...ferent-article-370-kashmir-amit-shah-5884129/
Modiji solving population crisis :drool:

AshRK

Pakistan caring about human rights is like Mourinho advocating attacking football by playing youth. Both are bs.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Pakistan caring about human rights is like Mourinho advocating attacking football by playing youth. Both are bs.
Yes, I agree. Both India and Pakistan have sickening human rights records, especially India when it comes to raping little kids and killing them. Pakistan in balochistan is also bad.

AshRK

Yes, I agree. Both India and Pakistan have sickening human rights records, especially India when it comes to raping little kids and killing them. Pakistan in balochistan is also bad.
Both India and Pakistan have a lot of issues in their respective countries that they need to focus. It is sad how leaders of both the countries spend time taunting each other or trying to downplay each other when both have huge scope of becoming superpowers in a good way. Let us move forward and look for peace and prosperity and if you cannot be friends then don't try to be enemies and spread false propaganda that India is an evil country or Pakistan is an evile country. World is laughing at us and trust me we both countries are much better than that. Last thing both of us should do is going to US or China to ask favors.

Foxbatt

The only solution is everyone to accept the Line of Control and stop agitating the issue. Pakistan to give up their claim on Jammu and Kashmir and India to give up their claim of Azad Jammu and Kashmir. This is now the reality on the ground. Yes there are lots of issues of the Indian paramilitary in Jammu and Kashmir and the same with Pakistani agents agitating in the same area. If other countries who have fought brutal wars can become good peaceful partners why cannot India and Pakistan do so? Both countries will progress a lot more in every sense.