Kashmir

MJJ

Both posts were not even 5 mins apart. Stop being delusional and Stop living in denials.
Can you atleast wait for me to make a denial first? :lol:

So your excitement of the attack was such that you rushed to find a post of mine to quote? Glad to see I left an impression. :lol:

You are the one quoting posts in the wrong thread, making up imaginary denials and I am being delusional? I will stop replying now as the thread is getting off topic.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Can you atleast wait for me to make a denial first? :lol:

So your excitement of the attack was such that you rushed to find a post of mine to quote? Glad to see I left an impression. :lol:

You are the one quoting posts in the wrong thread, making up imaginary denials and I am being delusional? I will stop replying now as the thread is getting off topic.
My God :lol: You've gotten hyper!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@VidaRed haven't you got some effigies to burn?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's a strange phenomenon how on the Internet Ind/pak are so hostile, whenever I meet them in real life they are nothing like this. Maybe its a small sample size.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I suppose if you dont get the reaction you want, you can fake it.

Like I said in my first post, it's a bit pathetic but whatever floats your boat.
I thought you weren't replying to me anymore :wenger:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Couldn't ignore the stupidity, will try to be better next time.
Since you're incapable of doing it i'll take it upon myself to ignore you in this thread on this current topic.

MJJ

It's a strange phenomenon how on the Internet Ind/pak are so hostile, whenever I meet them in real life they are nothing like this. Maybe its a small sample size.
I think its probably because the people you have met have lived outside of India and haven't been drip fed the indian news every day of their lives. Like it so stupid when you actually hang out with Indians as there is no difference in our people, specially in punjab, but then you read the amount of hate and vitriol online.

Take the example of vida in this thread, he can't control his excitement that Indian troop infiltrated Pakistani air space when any sane person would be against any escalations that might lead to war.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think its probably because the people you have met have lived outside of India and haven't been drip fed the indian news every day of their lives. Like it so stupid when you actually hang out with Indians as there is no difference in our people, specially in punjab, but then you read the amount of hate and vitriol online.

Take the example of vida in this thread, he can't control his excitement that Indian troop infiltrated Pakistani air space when any sane person would be against any escalations that might lead to war.
Yeah makes sense. Even the guys that come over from India are nothing like that, they even joined our local Pakistani cricket team. Seems like online people live in a different world.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What’s going on?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Article 370 revoked, for those who don't know, article 370 is what granted special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. As per its provisions, no mainland Indian has the right to purchase land and seek employment in the state. Whereas the people of J&K were free to seek employment, purchase land or do anything in the rest of India. It was a one way rule which is being done away with.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Same status as several other countries and respective states in them.
kashmir becoming part of india was under exceptional conditions which you know about. they have never been asked about indian rule and now they are ruled from delhi.

i think their situation is comparable to palestine now.

MDFC Manager

What does this mean for the everyday lives of people who live there?
I think the region might see more development. But this could well be like the Jewish settlements in Palestine as @berbatrick said above.

On the bright side, the looting by the Abdullah and Mufti families may stop.

NK86

kashmir becoming part of india was under exceptional conditions which you know about. they have never been asked about indian rule and now they are ruled from delhi.

The problem with the current situation was Kashmiris enjoyed all the perks of being an Indian citizen but still had special dispensation in terms of how they will be governed. That had to be changed. We will see how it affects them. I don't see why is it such a bad thing?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What does this mean for the everyday lives of people who live there?
they have no meaningful political rights and will be part of a state they never asked to join.
currently there exists a law called Armed Forced Special Powers Act, a colonial-era law which in effect makes it impossible to prosecute soldiers for their actions against civilians in disturbed areas like Kashmir, when you cobine that existing reality with the new lack of political rights, and with long-standing aspirations for freedom, i think the avg kashmiri will face quite an unbelievable amount of repression.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Palestine is an absurd comparison in so many ways that I can't be bothered to list this down.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The problem with the current situation was Kashmiris enjoyed all the perks of being an Indian citizen but still had special dispensation in terms of how they will be governed. That had to be changed. We will see how it affects them. I don't see why is it such a bad thing?
because they never consented to be governed by india, just like india never consented to be governed by the east india company or her majesty.

edit - they now have no real state govt. we hav already seen with aap in delhi that the legislature of a union territory (which is what they are becoming) can legally and practically be overruled on every single issue.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I think the region might see more development. But this could well be like the Jewish settlements in Palestine as @berbatrick said above.

On the bright side, the looting by the Abdullah and Mufti families may stop.
Only settlements you may see will be from Hindu Pandits who were forced out of their home ala Palestinians. Even then the plan is to relocate them in a separate colony rather than their old homes given no one can guarantee their security. I doubt general Indian public would be gagging to move to J&K given the current status of the state.

NK86

because they never consented to be governed by india, just like india never consented to be governed by the east india company or her majesty.
However they agreed to be part of India under certain conditions. It has been 60 years since then, I don't see how this is necessarily a bad thing. The freedom cry I can understand but till that is resolved one way or another, no reason to not treat them equally.