Kashmir

MDFC Manager

In Kashmir, India has rigged elections, its army has used AFSPA as a tool to torture and harass kashmiris.

The Pakistani deep state (army and intelligence) has directly orchestrated terrorist activities for decades, with no care for the kashmiri people. The agenda has always been to cause instability and take revenge for the war in 1971 i.e. liberation of east pakistan (now bangaldesh).

Kashmiri muslims have suffered a lot under AFSPA and no human should be subjected to living under the conditions they find themselves in. However, their hands are not entirely clean either as some kashmiri muslims are responsible for ethnic cleansing, treating kashmiri hindus as representatives of the indian state , raping and killing them, while many others were silent bystanders leading to displacement of more than 300,000 kashmiri hindus.

My two cents -

1. Indians must not turn a blind eye to the suffering of kashmiri muslims otherwise the cycle of violence will continue. Show them support instead of making them feel ostracized.

2. Indians must be vigilant that the tools our government is using to subjugate kashmiris could erode the fabric of democracy in our country and some day these tools might be used against us to bully and shut down dissent.

3. The fact of the matter is that the Indian state looks at Kashmir as a piece of land thats strategically and militarily so important that it can never afford to lose it. Therefore, there is absolutely 0 chance of India ever giving kashmir independence. Kashmiris must accept this. They would be wise to stop protesting and negotiate with the indian state such that normal life resumes, AFSPA is removed, the state is developed, jobs are created and kashmiri hindus return to the state. This of course will take a long time but this is a start.
Great post in a fecking ocean of shite (which I still compelled myself to read :lol:)

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
I'm a kashmiri hindu. But i havent lived in kashmir as my family was displaced. I dont think i can represent what the common kashmiri feels. But i do know that most kashmiri hinuds are celebrating this like its the best thing ever. Im going to wait and watch.
Kashmiri Pundits should’ve been taken to their homes long time back and afspa should’ve been removed. But none of the prev govt including present one cares about people, its only the land they’re interested in.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
You really need help reading don't you :lol:

You suggested insurgency started from 1990 and I was the one who told you it started during the 60's. So if anything, my narrative was the complete opposite of what you just said. I'm not making a point of the "guilty" party here. My point is that you are completely clueless on this issue and subcontinent politics in genera. After all, you think the Military has elected the PM in Pakistan right now :lol:
I realize that you're being deliberately obtuse(to borrow a phrase) So here, I did the googling for you:
1987–present: Kashmir Insurgency
1987–1989
  • 1987: Farooq Abdullah won the Assembly elections. The Muslim United Front (MUF) alleged that the elections had been rigged. The insurgency in the Kashmir Valley increased in momentum following this event.[213] The MUF candidate, Mohammad Yousuf Shah, a victim of the rigging and state's mistreatment, took the name Syed Salahuddin and would become chief of the militant outfit Hizb-ul-Mujahideen. His election aides called the HAJY group - Abdul Hamid Shaikh, Ashfaq Majid Wani, Javed Ahmed Mir and Mohammed Yasin Malik - would join the JKLF.[214][215] Amanullah Khan took refuge in Pakistan, after being deported from England, and directed operations across the LOC. Young disaffected Kashmiris in the Valley such as the HAJY group were recruited by JKLF.[216]
  • 1988: Protests and andi-India demonstrations began in the Valley, followed by police firing and curfew.[citation needed]
  • 1989: The end of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan released a great deal of militant energy and weapons to Kashmir. Pakistan provided arms and training to both indigenous and foreign militants in Kashmir.[217][218][219]
  • 1989: Mass Exodus of Kashmiri Hindus started in Kashmir Valley[220]

Please read the 1989 part.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I realize that you're being deliberately obtuse(to borrow a phrase) So here, I did the googling for you:
1987–present: Kashmir Insurgency
1987–1989
  • 1987: Farooq Abdullah won the Assembly elections. The Muslim United Front (MUF) alleged that the elections had been rigged. The insurgency in the Kashmir Valley increased in momentum following this event.[213] The MUF candidate, Mohammad Yousuf Shah, a victim of the rigging and state's mistreatment, took the name Syed Salahuddin and would become chief of the militant outfit Hizb-ul-Mujahideen. His election aides called the HAJY group - Abdul Hamid Shaikh, Ashfaq Majid Wani, Javed Ahmed Mir and Mohammed Yasin Malik - would join the JKLF.[214][215] Amanullah Khan took refuge in Pakistan, after being deported from England, and directed operations across the LOC. Young disaffected Kashmiris in the Valley such as the HAJY group were recruited by JKLF.[216]
  • 1988: Protests and andi-India demonstrations began in the Valley, followed by police firing and curfew.[citation needed]
  • 1989: The end of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan released a great deal of militant energy and weapons to Kashmir. Pakistan provided arms and training to both indigenous and foreign militants in Kashmir.[217][218][219]
  • 1989: Mass Exodus of Kashmiri Hindus started in Kashmir Valley[220]

Please read the 1989 part.
Wow, I'm not sure if you're trolling or genuinely struggle with reading. Read my previous posts, the answer is there.

MDFC Manager

I wish some Kashmiri was here to give us his thoughts.
fecking Ultra-Nationalist from both sides have ruined this thread.
I spoke to my neighbour yesterday. They're fecking incensed because they've been unable to speak to their family back home since the comms blockade. Couldn't even wish them for Eid. Not happy about the the scrapping of article 370 either because they don't see it changing anything in the region.

Moby

Dick
Kashmiri Pundits should’ve been taken to their homes long time back and afspa should’ve been removed. But none of the prev govt including present one cares about people, its only the land they’re interested in.
Which is why I find the plethora of posts regarding Modi in this thread hilarious. I mean I couldn't loathe him more myself, but this thread would have you believe he invented the Indian occupation of Kashmir and as if it will end once he's gone. India has occupied Kashmir with each govt. previously and will continue to occupy it with generations to come for the exact reason that it's the land that matters to the govt, not the people.

Patrick08

Since there’s no legislative assembly in Jammu and Kashmir, the Modi government and Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah cleverly used Article 367 to make the argument that any changes to the status of the state could be considered legitmate under presidential decree.

The legislative assembly was suspended by modi and every political leader of kashmir has been put under arrest.
Constituent Assembly had to decide in this matte
Pakistanis on this thread do realise that most Indians on caf did not vote for Modi/BJP this election, right? Hell, most of the Indians here actually dislike him. The only reason he won was because of shite opposition and propaganda carried out on social media
:lol: This is for some other thread. Just look at @MJJ last argument and the oppositions.

You can see total similarities. Don't want to take the thread off topic any further.

@MJJ the constituent assembly in 1954 or something had a say in that matter not legislative.

And it takes two parties to get into an understanding. It was passed via presidential order from Indian govt's side and not passed by the parliament and not a permanent agreement. It's only legitimate it can be removed how it was passed by president by using his executive power.

Last edited:

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
I spoke to my neighbour yesterday. They're fecking incensed because they've been unable to speak to their family back home since the comms blockade. Couldn't even wish them for Eid. Not happy about the the scrapping of article 370 either because they don't see it changing anything in the region.
It’s true. If govt truthfully wanted integration of people they should’ve scrapped Afspa not 370 because mass injustices have been carried out on Kashmiri people under that Act.

MJJ

:lol: This is for some other thread. Just look at @MJJ last argument and the oppositions.

You can see total similarities. Don't want to take the thread off topic any further.
:lol: Patrick you spent so much time defending Modi in the india politic threads when you weren't finding the idea funny that a woman can rape a man.

You of all people don't get to agree with that post of anant.

MJJ

Constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir was a body of representatives elected in 1951 to formulate the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir.[1] The Constituent Assembly was dissolved on January 26 1957, based on Mir Qasim resolution it adopted and ratified on November 17 1956.[2]

Seriously you know nothing.

Patrick08

Constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir was a body of representatives elected in 1951 to formulate the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir.[1] The Constituent Assembly was dissolved on January 26 1957, based on Mir Qasim resolution it adopted and ratified on November 17 1956.[2]

Seriously you know nothing.
Then it should be the parliament passing it from Indian side not the president. Indian Parliament never passed it. President unilaterally agreed from Indian side.

Patrick08

:lol: Patrick you spent so much time defending Modi in the india politic threads when you weren't finding the idea funny that a woman can rape a man.

You of all people don't get to agree with that post of anant.
The opposition has become politically and morally bankrupt in their arguments internally, that's why they find themselves in this situation.

Don't take it off topic.

MJJ

Then it should be the parliament passing it from Indian side not the president. Indian Parliament never passed it. President unilaterally agreed from Indian side.
Please read up on the whole process and why its undemoractic. It will spare me typing it again.

The opposition has become politically and morally bankrupt in their arguments internally, that's why they find themselves in this situation.

Don't take it off topic.
Okay, as long as we all agree you are a modi supporter and you don't agree with posts such as anants.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Great post in a fecking ocean of shite (which I still compelled myself to read :lol:)
i missed that post too somehow. good post, but im not sure that the last lines are possible. (in tibet and xinjiang it seems to be working, in palestine less so).

Vanya

Completely agree (and mentioned this in my previous post). The land is the priority for India. Pandits trusting Kashmiri muslims again, returning to the valley and AFSPA being removed seems like a long way away. But i can only hope that it happens eventually.

To be honest all countries are imperialistic and all have such tendancies to "take over" land.

India has done this to tribals in the heart of the nation (declaring forests as protected land, taking away their source of sustenance). Border areas are the same, they usually suffer from alienation and influence from neighbouring countries.

Is any country with diversity of cultures free of this? I dont think so. Look at our region - China, Pakistan, Myanmmar, Sri Lanka all have these issues. People think that if Kashmir became independent, everything would be resolved. On the contrary, Kashmir will be no different than all the aforementioned countries. It would also show imperialistic tendancies towards small regions within its boundries and it would too subjugate its minorities.

Kashmir becoming independent is not a panacea. Instead Kashmiris should work within the realms of reality and work towards truly integrating with the indian state. Thats the only peaceful solution long term IMO.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I mean you have people here 1) buying that exact propaganda about kashmir and 2) when I say indians I am obviously not referring just to the ones on the cafe.
1. Most people who've seen bbc video and are not hardcore BJP supporters are critical of what's happening
2. Obviously, spreading propaganda is easy. Look at any election in the past 2-3 years. Fear wins elections.
Won't be taking the thread off topic any more regarding Modi

MDFC Manager

It’s true. If govt truthfully wanted integration of people they should’ve scrapped Afspa not 370 because mass injustices have been carried out on Kashmiri people under that Act.
Undoubtedly. The atrocities under the garb of afspa have been abominable (and not just in Kashmir, see NE region too).

i missed that post too somehow. good post, but im not sure that the last lines are possible. (in tibet and xinjiang it seems to be working, in palestine less so).
There's no Palestine level repression in Kashmir, so a moderate, India leaning local political movement could sort out most of the trouble in quick time. In my opinion at least.

MDFC Manager

Instead Kashmiris should work within the realms of reality and work towards truly integrating with the indian state. Thats the only peaceful solution long term IMO.
Yes this is exactly what I meant when I said that the region needs a local India leaning political movement. I thought Omar Abdullah can provide this, but daddy won't let him I guess.

Vanya

Yes this is exactly what I meant when I said that the region needs a local India leaning political movement. I thought Omar Abdullah can provide this, but daddy won't let him I guess.
Yes that would be ideal. However I don't know how accepting kashmiris will be of a pro India leader at the moment given how angry so many of them are with the Indian state.
The kashmiri politicians that bought into the idea of the Indian democracy just got slapped in the face because BJP showed no regard for democratic process by putting them under house arrest. Therefore I think it will be a while before such a leader rises from among the people who has faith in Indian democracy. Hopefully it won't be too long. Depends on how the govt and army handles what's thrown at them now.

Patrick08

In Kashmir, India has rigged elections, its army has used AFSPA as a tool to torture and harass kashmiris
It would never have happened without 370 and 35 A alienating them. You think 3 families can rule entire jammu Kashmir and laddakh for decades and never let democracy reach grass root J and K and if these parties run by some families don't get elected its the murder of democracy in Kashmir?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Family is from rajouri but I guess my opinion doesn't count as it goes against the bakht agenda.
So your family was forced to migrate to pakistan from jammu by the forces of the kashmir princely state ?

Vanya

It would never have happened with 370 and 35 A alienating them. You think 3 families can rule entire jammu Kashmir and laddakh for decades and never let democracy reach grass root J and K and if these parties run by some families don't get elected its the murder of democracy in Kashmir?
I did not understand your post. Just to be clear are you disputing that India has rigged elections in kashmir and carried out extra judicial murders of kashmiris?

MJJ

Imran is their boy. He's there because of the army. So no chance.
You are right in your assessment of no chance but wrong in the reasoning for it. After Musharraf the political environment is not right for a military coup which is why they publicly cut back their involvement.

Vanya

You are right in your assessment of no chance but wrong in the reasoning for it. After Musharraf the political environment is not right for a military coup which is why they publicly cut back their involvement.
From what I've read and the Pakistanis I've spoken to I've got the impression that Imran is there due to the army. The army backs him and helped him win the election. I don't think the army helping their candidate win an election is cutting back involvement.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I did not understand your post. Just to be clear are you disputing that India has rigged elections in kashmir and carried out extra judicial murders of kashmiris?
Its not like elections were only rigged in kashmir, back in the day elections were rigged everywhere in India (some even claim the previous election was rigged). Entire booths being captured and ballots being stamped by a couple of guys was the way it happened or running away with the ballot boxes and destroying them.

Not that rigging elections was the right thing to do, but it wasn't exclusive to kashmir. There is no doubt that it was rigged to some degree, anyone denying it is delusional.

MJJ

From what I've read and the Pakistanis I've spoken to I've got the impression that Imran is there due to the army. The army backs him and helped him win the election. I don't think the army helping their candidate win an election is cutting back involvement.
That theory is largely put forward by supporters of Nawaz and Zardari, both of whom are known liars and are annoyed that IK is pursuing corruption cases against them. They also alleged that the last election had massive rigging but stopped after the independent observer cleared it. Now they fall back on the selected argument despite being part of dynasties.

Sanche7

e 22, a viral video did the rounds on social media in India. A young Muslim man tied up, bleeding profusely all over his body, hands folded, was being lynched by a mob that forced him to chant of Jai Shri Ram and ‘Jai Hanuman.’ (Glory to Lord Ram and Lord Hanuman.)

The man, later identified as 24-year-old Tabrez Ansari, was beaten for hours until he died at the hands of a Hindu mob in the eastern state of Jharkhand. The death of Ansari, who married less than two months ago and is seen crying and begging for mercy in the video, has sparked protests in cities across India. His family says they were threatened by the police with a similar fate when they begged to get him treated while he was in custody, according to a report in The Wire. Police have arrested at least 11 people over the attack.

Ansari became the first victim of hate crime in the second term of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government. He is survived by a young wife who wants to know who in the country she can now turn to for justice. “My husband was my only support. Who will I live for now? I want justice,” she told the TV channel NDTV.

Just two days after the attack on Ansari, a 26-year-old Muslim teacher who taught in a religious seminary was thrown out of a train in the eastern state of West Bengal. Hafeez Mohammed Haldar was traveling when a mob chanted ‘Jai Shri Ram’ ( Glory to Lord Ram) and pushed him out of the train. Hafeez managed to escape death with minor injuries.

In the same week, on June 27, a Muslim cab driver, 25-year-old Faizal Usman Khan was beaten up by a group of men at night, barely minutes away from Mumbai, India’s celebrated cosmopolitan city. When Faizal begged for mercy, the men asked him to chant Jai Shri Ram, now a rallying cry for Hindu nationalists in the country.

The U.S. Commission for International Human Rights has condemned the lynching of Ansari, observing the recognizable pattern of hate crimes against minorities that marks India’s dangerous slide into a majoritarianism long dreaded by those who have observed Modi’s past on human rights. The USCIRF chairman Tony Perkins called for the Indian government to take action to prevent further violence. “We condemn in the strongest terms this brutal murder, in which the perpetrators reportedly forced Ansari to say Hindu chants as they beat him for hours.”

Soon after Modi was re-elected as the Prime Minister of India on May 23, he gave a conciliatory speech trying to reassure Muslims. But in the five years of Modi’s first term in power, hate crime against Muslims soared; data shows that some 90% of religious hate crimes in the last decade have occurred since Modi came to power.

But I suppose ar Rahman being a muslim makes it okay.
I don't read this thread much and when I do I come across such idiocracy that I leave the thread after reading one post. In a country with so much diversity, with the rise of a right wing party, some dumb aholes might have done something stupid but they does not mean the whole country is racist or hates Muslims. An incident that happened in one part of the country doesn't prove that the whole country hates Muslims. And for me that right there is false information. Show this to a few oppressed youth in Kashmir, tell them the whole country hates Muslims and the only way out is to join the Muslim country of Pakistan and boom, you have a group of young men ready to kill for you.

Regarding Kashmir, I genuinely have no idea why all the Pakistani posters are so concerned about the human rights violation occuring in Kashmir. Last I checked, Kashmir is a part of India. If it's the humanitarian side of things that bother some posters, I don't see these posters crying about the things happening in Syria or Palestine. Better yet, why don't you guys ask the Pakistan government to apologize for the Bangladesh Genocide of '71 which killed approximately 3 million people. It's funny to see Pakistani posters acting like their Government is made of saints and angels.

Neither of the Governments care about the people of Kashmir. The only thing they care about is the territory. Saying Indian hates Muslims and is a terrorist nation while Pakistan are just watching on helplessly is being totally biased. I remember @MJJ saying something like a 21 year old organised and conducted the attacks on the Indian armed forces after manufacturing kilos of explosives. I'm assuming the people who post here are well educated and have the capacity to think. But then I can't understand how they believe such stories. I guess hate has the power to blind you to the facts. The same goes for many Indian posters on here too. The language I've seen some of them use against the Pakistanis is just embarrassing. Calling someone from the enemy country a terrorist is not what patriotism is. And neither is blind hate towards the enemy country.

Last edited:

Vanya

That theory is largely put forward by supporters of Nawaz and Zardari, both of whom are known liars and are annoyed that IK is pursuing corruption cases against them. They also alleged that the last election had massive rigging but stopped after the independent observer cleared it. Now they fall back on the selected argument despite being part of dynasties.
Im more inclined to believe my opinion than yours because the Pakistani army has a strangle hold on the country and has directly ruled it for more than half of your existence. I doubt they will give up that control for one election. Imrans win was rejected by every political party not just one or two.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

AshRK

I don't read this thread much and when I do I come across such idiocracy that I leave the thread after reading one post. In a country with so much diversity, with the rise of a right wing party, some dumb aholes might have done something stupid but they does not mean the whole country is racist or hates Muslims. An incident that happened in one part of the country doesn't prove that the whole country hates Muslims. And for me that right there is false information. Show this to a few oppressed youth in Kashmir, tell them the whole country hates Muslims and the only way out is to join the Muslim country of Pakistan and boom, you have a group of young men ready to kill for you.

Regarding Kashmir, I genuinely have no idea why all the Pakistani posters are so concerned about the human rights violation occuring in Kashmir. Last I checked, Kashmir is a part of India. If it's the humanitarian side of things that bother some posters, I don't see these posters crying about the things happening in Syria or Palestine. Better yet, why don't you guys ask the Pakistan government to apologize for the Bangladesh Genocide of '71 which killed approximately 3 million people. It's funny to see Pakistani posters acting like their Government is made of saints and angels.

Neither of the Governments care about the people of Kashmir. The only thing they care about is the territory. Saying Indian hates Muslims and is a terrorist nation while Pakistan are just watching on helplessly is being totally biased. I remember @MJJ saying something like a 21 year old organised and conducted the attacks on the Indian armed forces after manufacturing kilos of explosives. I'm assuming the people who post here are well educated and have the capacity to think. But then I can't understand how they believe such stories. I guess hate has the power to blind you to the facts. The same goes for many Indian posters on here too. The language I've seen some of them use against the Pakistanis is just embarrassing. Calling someone from the enemy country a terrorist is not what patriotism is. And neither is blind hate towards the enemy country.
And that is exactly what is happening both in India and Pakistan. This whole Hindu/muslim argument needs to end. Can everyone for once rise above this and stop spreading hatred. Hey look how India is a racist country or hey look how pakistan is a terrorist country doesn't do anyone good but just creates hatred and it is sad like you people here should be educated and yet there are some who are just enjoying in spreading hatred and animosity.

Patrick08

:houllier: You think I am going to be clean bowled on your googly?

I meant that 370 and 35 A withheld indian democracy and constitution to solidify its roots in the state of J and K. There was Sham democracy in J and K even uptil the start of terrorism proxy war by Pakistan. Common people never benefitted from Keeping 370 and 35 A just because the corrupt families who run the state in the name of democracy was never democratic themselves, and 370 and 35 A just benefitted the corrupt rulers who had links to terrorists as well.

And the Congress kept pandering to those families who hijaked the narrative and misused the provisions of 370 and 35 A and people never got to benefit on in on grass root levels. They still are with vested Interests. And even Pakistani deep state wanted it untouched as they could plant the roots of sepratism and terrorism with the victory over Soviets with proxy war and wanting to revenge the humiliation faced in 71.

Also anyone who picks up guns against the state and kill or conspire in the name of religion deserves to die. I am not claiming elections were totally clean.

Patrick08

Its not like elections were only rigged in kashmir, back in the day elections were rigged everywhere in India (some even claim the previous election was rigged). Entire booths being captured and ballots being stamped by a couple of guys was the way it happened or running away with the ballot boxes and destroying them.

Not that rigging elections was the right thing to do, but it wasn't exclusive to kashmir. There is no doubt that it was rigged to some degree, anyone denying it is delusional.
:houllier:

Patrick08

And that is exactly what is happening both in India and Pakistan. This whole Hindu/muslim argument needs to end. Can everyone for once rise above this and stop spreading hatred. Hey look how India is a racist country or hey look how pakistan is a terrorist country doesn't do anyone good but just creates hatred and it is sad like you people here should be educated and yet there are some who are just enjoying in spreading hatred and animosity.
It's not happening in one country for sure, only the delusional morally corrupt leftist agenda believes so.

Sanche7

Personally, I grew up in South India and we have a lot of Muslims, hindus and Christians there. Maybe my history is weak but I can't think of a single riot that has happened based on relegion. And because of the same reason, I'm able to look at this issue and see that both sides are wrong. The Pakistani posters may deny it but it's clear to anyone that there are terrorists in the POK. Are the Pakistani Government helping them? I don't know for sure. But, doing nothing when you know that there are terrorist groups operating in your soil is indirectly promoting them.
Similarly I do not support the stance India has taken on Kashmir. The people of Kashmir deserve better and I do feel sorry for them. And as an Indian, I hang my head in shame reading about things like hindus beating up a Muslim man and the numerous riots between hindus and Muslims. But as many posters have pointed out, India will not let go of the territory and Pakistani Government should stop making the situation worse by saying things like will ‘go to any extent’ to protect Kashmiris