Keane joins Sky Sports

El Zoido

He’s right. Love Roy, doesn’t mince his words which is greatly appreciated. I don’t always agree with him but he’s TV gold.

Mike Smalling

“Is the ball moving?”

Keane: “of course it’s moving, someone just kicked it. He’s not a good goalkeeper”

:lol:
Not always a fan of Keane's deadpan, tough guy act, but that was quality :lol: not least because it is correct. Pickford isn't really good at much else than shouting and kicking the ball a long way.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He seems to be a better pundit since joining Sky. Always found him annoyingly tiresome when he sat on the ITV panel.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He seems to be a better pundit since joining Sky. Always found him annoyingly tiresome when he sat on the ITV panel.
I imagine that Sky give him a much greater free reign with his punditry/opinions... as it's meant for a football audience. ITV probably want to him to be reigned in as they're trying to appeal to casual football audiences/families etc.

marko goalo

To be fair, on ITV he was always stuck with Lee Dixon, the definition of a dull commentator

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Can’t stand Micah Richards everywhere now, such a big head

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Keane is the best thing on Skysports. Even if you don't agree he's hilarious when he puts across his views without a care in the world as to who gets offended :lol:

Art Vandelay

Richards comes across as a bit of a tit there. Keane was right to question it.

He was right about the English media overhyping young English players too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Keane is clearly taking the piss as he always does. Banter back like Carragher would.

Richards got his knickers in a twist probably because he knows he was a shit footballer sitting next to actual world class players. No surprise he’s also a dreadful pundit.

binary bot
I love Keane but he's the perfect example of Sky becoming clickbait in their approach. Pundits that will make highlights on the sidebar of the daily mail with hyperbole about everything. Richards was the same.

The engineering of talking points during games is a fecking disgrace btw. That free kick for our goal was a blatant foul.

diarm

Keane is mellowing in his old age. 5 years ago he'd have said "you might have burst onto the scene, but you whimpered off it".

Hoof the ball

Micah Richards is the quintessential example of a player making it because of his gifted physical attributes, especially at a formative age.
There's a bunch of players, who, if not for their physical genetics, would not be anywhere near the Premier League, period.
Being physically gifted doesn't make you good; it makes you fortunate.

Art Vandelay

Gary just said Keane was in the music video up front with an oversized Diadora sweater on but am I blind or I don't see him in the video.

Well first off that was awful and I hate you now. Secondly I can't see him either. He might have been up front when it was filmed but was cut as everyone else was in Umbro gear. Some sponorship thing which Keane knew would get him cut.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I don’t mind him as a pundit in fairness. I like that he’s different to the others and gets quite excited when talking.