Kepa Arrizabalaga

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't do much wrong today, maybe could have kept out goal 4 but that's it, the ball gets laid back to Gundogan who hits it very well low and hard, not quite right in the corner he get's a hand on it. Not a massive error by any means.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Don't think he's that bad at all, just the Chelsea defensive set up is far weaker than in previous seasons.

Courtois would be conceding similar, he did in 15/16 after all.

Rajma

Aguero and Gundogan goals are stopped by the top Kepa which he’s not unfortunately for Chelsea.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Don't think he's that bad at all, just the Chelsea defensive set up is far weaker than in previous seasons.

Courtois would be conceding similar, he did in 15/16 after all.
Don't think that's true at all. Courtois has one major weakness and that is he gets megged easily due to his long legs. I'd back him to save the 2nd and 3rd goal, he makes those saves regularly.

vodrake

He's not a bad keeper at all, there just doesnt seem to be anything standout about him in the slightest...

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I would say that Chelsea fans are hoping he comes good because he looks like he was worth five million. Whenever i have watched chelsea this season i have not been impressed. Should have stopped Agueros first and Gundogans shots today.

Dion

24 is still young for a keeper. De Gea was freakishly precocious but in his first year people mocked him too. From what I've seen of Keppa he looks pretty decent but will take a year or two before he properly settles.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I suppose so, but breaking a world transfer record for an inexperienced, untested keeper was madness. Surely there were more reliable options out there.
Well I didn't want Bilbao to sell him, but nothing they could do about it. I agree they probably needed and experienced goalie in there. Kepa needed an entirely reliable defence in front of him and maybe not a great idea him coming into a club with Sarri trying to change things that maybe the established players are not happy with. Probably quite unsettling for him. Bilbao had a great dressing room, Chelsea's is far from it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could be nerves, even for a goal keeper. Ben Foster said he could not deal with the pressure of playing for united.

Alabaster Codify7

He's not abysmal but what he is proof of is how little you actually get for 70m these days (Euros, I stand corrected if it was less).

He's not visibly better than some keepers in the lower clubs in our league.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He's not a bad keeper at all, there just doesnt seem to be anything standout about him in the slightest...
Sounds like Courtois to me. Never understood how he was so highly rated, even seen people put Courtois as one of the league's greatest ever keepers. He always seemed solid to me but never spectacular.

Based Adnan

Shocking for the Gundogan goal and could have done better for Aguero's first.

Mad how Ben Foster for peanuts from West Brom is a better signing than this lad for 73m euros.

Devil81

Looks too small to me and the fee involved is actually a bit of a joke.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think it is nerves. If he was not nervous he would have saved Augeros first and Gundogans. At least i hope for chelseas sake it is nerves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sounds like Courtois to me. Never understood how he was so highly rated, even seen people put Courtois as one of the league's greatest ever keepers. He always seemed solid to me but never spectacular.
Courtois major asset was his presence and size, both helped him dominate anything aerially and be a huge obstacle to beat. He's far from being considered one of the PL great goalkeepers but he was for a period one of the best in the world. No idea how he's getting on in Madrid now though

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Gary Neville said that on the last Super Sixes Co92 picking their Prem XI, the others were a bit taken a back and his justification was his size. Personally found him bang average in a good team.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The only other guy that would have made sense is Thomas Strakosha of Lazio. And Courtois put them in a terrible negotiating position. With Kepa it was a high cost but, there were able to get him with very little negotiation since they just needed to pay the buyout clause.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The only other guy that would have made sense is Thomas Strakosha of Lazio. And Courtois put them in a terrible negotiating position. With Kepa it was a high cost but, there were able to get him with very little negotiation since they just needed to pay the buyout clause.
Bilbao only sells their top players if the buyers pay the release clause. It was the same with Javi Martinez, don't remember if it was the same with Herrera. Anyway don't think Chelsea's problems start with the keeper.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Feel sorry for him, he’s horribly exposed by his defence and he is very young to be a number one for a club like them. All that plus the price tag.

To be fair our defence has done the same to us in recent seasons. De Gea has saved us many points over the last few seasons due to world class performances and saves. I Just don’t think he’s as good as he was made out to be.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Bilbao only sells their top players if the buyers pay the release clause. It was the same with Javi Martinez, don't remember if it was the same with Herrera. Anyway don't think Chelsea's problems start with the keeper.
Same with Herrera, yes. And Laporte.

AKDevil

Agree. Some people have tried to compare him to DDG in his early days but no chance for me. With DDG you could see, even when he looked physically unsuited at the start, that he was capable of the spectacular and his distribution was ok. I see nothing with Kepa.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Kepa is worth £70m then DeGea is more than justified wanting £350k a week.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I pinned this guy a while back. Cant save shots diving down to save his life. Technique problem, nothing to do with a new league.