Kepa Arrizabalaga

Makelele

None of the goals can be said is down to him. The very least of our worries tbh. Solid keeper that has the potential to be world class.

flappyjay

Romero definitely could start for both Arsenal and Chelsea. We are blessed to have him and Dave in the squad

cyberman

I love David but he has never performed as well for Spain as he does for United.
Yeah but he wasn't the disaster that he was made out to be during the WC.
I still can't get my ahead around the argument that he under performed because he couldn't save unsavable shots.
Nobody will ever live up to that standard.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
None of the goals can be said is down to him. The very least of our worries tbh. Solid keeper that has the potential to be world class.
The fact you think he shouldn't have saved the Gundogan goal means you've set very low standards for a potentially world class keeper. No idea why people call him a "great shot stopper". His reactions are entirely unimpressive, which is problematic as his reach isn't great. There's no reason to expect either to change significantly so unless he suddenly becomes very dominant in the box, I can't see how he could be a top keeper.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Feel sorry for him, he’s horribly exposed by his defence and he is very young to be a number one for a club like them. All that plus the price tag.

Makelele

The fact you think he shouldn't have saved the Gundogan goal means you've set very low standards for a potentially world class keeper. No idea why people call him a "great shot stopper". His reactions are entirely unimpressive, which is problematic as his reach isn't great. There's no reason to expect either to change significantly so unless he suddenly becomes very dominant in the box, I can't see how he could be a top keeper.
A well drilled shot with power down low in the corner. Yeah he could save it but world class keepers have let in similar goals. It’s a great shot and horrible defending.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Kepa was doing a Cech impersonation for that Gundogan shot. He went down in slow motion, you could see the stages of his dive like a motion picture from the early 1900s.

A well drilled shot with power down low in the corner. Yeah he could save it but world class keepers have let in similar goals. It’s a great shot and horrible defending.
It wasn't in the corner, it was slightly to the left of Kepa who got a good hand on it which changed the trajectory towards the corner.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Yeah but he wasn't the disaster that he was made out to be during the WC.
I still can't get my ahead around the argument that he under performed because he couldn't save unsavable shots.
Nobody will ever live up to that standard.
I saw him play before the world cup and he made a similar blunder to the one he made against Portugal.. I don't think it was just that world that has played a role in the reaction he got.. He's never really convinced for Spain.

El Zoido

Feel sorry for him, he’s horribly exposed by his defence and he is very young to be a number one for a club like them. All that plus the price tag.
Feck that. Hope he’s a disaster and keeps making mistakes. Can’t stand Chelsea.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
WTF are you in about? He should have saved at least two of them?

Zoo

I think he’s good but world record fee is a bit crazy.

mu4c_20le

He's 24, hardly a child anymore, Courtois was around the same. He'll just have to learn and adapt if hes gonna be a top keeper.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This. Should have saved two in the first half. De gea would have saved them.
Forget De Gea, any top keeper would have saved that Gundogan shot. It was left-centre and he got a good hand to it. He has limp wrists.

Charles Miller

He probably should do better in the 4th goal but its not really his fault that result. People will take any opportunity to trash oppo players, fair enough, but sometimes is silly.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
WTF are you in about? He should have saved at least two of them?
Honestly, he doesn’t deserve that level of shit. Should’ve saved Gundogan shot, but it dipped as it got to him and really could’ve happened to any keeper. Other that that, I don’t see anything else he should’ve saved but didn’t. If he had kept any of the others out, they would’ve been outstanding saves.

charlenefan

Honestly, he doesn’t deserve that level of shit. Should’ve saved Gundogan shot, but it dipped as it got to him and really could’ve happened to any keeper. Other that that, I don’t see anything else he should’ve saved but didn’t. If he had kept any of the others out, they would’ve been outstanding saves.
And isn't what's expected of the worlds most expensive goal keeper who in the eyes of the Spanish is better than De Gea?

He's been brought to replace one of the best in the world, if he's bang average he deserves to be called out on it

Schneckerl

None were clear mistakes, but keeping out 1 or 2 of them wasn't impossible either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he's decent but I'm not sure he has the ceiling to reach among the best.
Even when Dave was a bit dodgy, you could see his talent.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
And isn't what's expected of the worlds most expensive goal keeper who in the eyes of the Spanish is better than De Gea?

He's been brought to replace one of the best in the world, if he's bang average he deserves to be called out on it
But the absence of outstanding saves doesn’t equate to mistakes. It just means he didn’t save a shot most other keepers wouldn’t have either. He didn’t look world class today, but he didn’t look bad either. He’s a good keeper, and right now is the least of Chelsea’s problems.

charlenefan

But the absence of outstanding saves doesn’t equate to mistakes. It just means he didn’t save a shot most other keepers wouldn’t have either. He didn’t look world class today, but he didn’t look bad either. He’s a good keeper, and right now is the least of Chelsea’s problems.
Like I said the fee matters. If he was Leno, bought for peanuts then the performances match the price tag. The worlds most expensive keeper should be doing better than he is

Obviously the fee isn't up to him so maybe the criticsm is harsh but that's modern day football

Judas

Open to offers
Just looks like a standard keeper to me. First season in the league though, so he deserves time, but he's not even had any moments where you think wow he could be special.

PoTMS

Looks no better or worse than your average PL keeper. How much did he cost?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Just looks like a standard keeper to me. First season in the league though, so he deserves time, but he's not even had any moments where you think wow he could be special.
I would say his reaction saves are world class. Everything else is bog standard. His anticipation and diving is really poor.

MAME DIOUF 32

He looks mediocre, but I remember a time when de Gea was fighting it out with Anders Lindegaard to start games for United so surely not available lost cause.

saivet

Similar keeping for the Gundogan goals to the Brighton keeper against Woods yesterday. Both keepers were there, but weak hands cost them.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Similar keeping for the Gundogan goals to the Brighton keeper against Woods yesterday. Both keepers were there, but weak hands cost them.
In my opinion his weak hands are a result of his slowness to get low. He takes a while to get to the ground meaning there is not a stable base for his hands to use to palm the ball away. His hands are fine when he is saving while on his feet, he's made quite a few impressive saves from close range that I expected to be goals.