Kevin De Bruyne

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Spent a long time recovering his form after his latest injury. He usually does.

Weird and magnificent footballer, sometimes he genuinly looks like he is on a drunken bender and then suddenly he clicks into superstar mode and does something very few others are capable of. Hopefully he will find his "best player on the pitch by a mile" form sooner rather than later.

HHopefully Martinez will match him sensibly this time, all though I susoect it's Kev himself demanding to play every single minute of every game

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Subbed before 60' again today

Looks like a shadow of a player, not going to say he is finished. But, his decline is almost Rooney esque

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Subbed before 60' again today

Looks like a shadow of a player, not going to say he is finished. But, his decline is almost Rooney esque
His injury in the summer may have ruined him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think the injuries have gotten to him, at the age of 30 too — I’ll be surprised if he has another 30+ PL season starts under his belt.

The United

Didn't someone said recently that he was still better than Bruno or something?

I have not seen him play much lately mainly because he didn't even start most of the time.

Is he still that good?

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
The exaggerations here are just ridiculous. He hasn't been in form since the end of last season (mainly since the Euro competition) because he's suffered quite a few injuries and often played injured, yet he's still managed to be influencial in his teams offensive performances.
The way some are talking about his so called decline, one will think he's been horrible for over a year.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The exaggerations here are just ridiculous. He hasn't been in form since the end of last season (mainly since the Euro competition) because he's suffered quite a few injuries and often played injured, yet he's still managed to be influencial in his teams offensive performances.
The way some are talking about his so called decline, one will think he's been horrible for over a year.
It’s the FIFA generation! The dreaded 30 is too old and any period of bad form is immediately deemed to be decline.

You would think the reality of football would creep in at times. Our starting pair yesterday being 70 years old between them and being the best players on the pitch. Messi, Lewandowki, Ibra, Dzeko, Giroud, Milner etc…

Still lots of players playing in their mid 30’s at the very highest level.

30 is still young in footballing terms and, although genetics plays a role, it is crazy to believe that a player like de Bruyne, with his ability, is done at that age.

ROFLUTION

Not horrible, but comparing him to his old standards, then he's been off. He had so many clear cut chances last year where he hit the post or missed, which was not very KdB like. So horrible for over a year is probably a stretch, but he's not been the same KdB for over a year that's for sure. Also due to injuries of course. Had a good Euros though imo.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Bad news for the rest of the league he's getting back to his best form.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Bad news for the rest of the league he's getting back to his best form.
Slowly getting back to full fitness, I don't think he's yet ready to play every game, I'd expect him to be back where her should be by mid January though.

Hammondo

I think he will go down as one of the best PL players there has ever been.

Last edited:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely incredible footballer. He can take games by the scruff of the neck and either score or assist from anywhere at any time. Definitely one of the best midfielders in the Premier League era.

marktan

He is their engine and has been for a long time. In most of their big matches he's the one that comes up with something special.

I know it's not really a used tactic anymore but I've long advocated for giving him the Ji Sung Park man mark job that SAF used to come out with sometimes. Yeah it'd free up space elsewhere, but I genuinely think there's a lot to be gained by just stopping him having space at any cost. Take him out the game and the City side is a lot more manageable.

MUFC OK

Best player in the world currently. Always the best on the pitch in big games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think at his best he's the best midfielder the prem has seen. Everyone at their best I think Beckham would be 2nd on that list even though he was on the right, but de Bruyne is just more complete IMO.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Note for United transfer committee : always sign a player who looks like home alone kid.

SAFMUTD

He's everything I hoped Pogba would've been for us. Feck him, he's annoyingly good.

NoPace

He is their engine and has been for a long time. In most of their big matches he's the one that comes up with something special.

I know it's not really a used tactic anymore but I've long advocated for giving him the Ji Sung Park man mark job that SAF used to come out with sometimes. Yeah it'd free up space elsewhere, but I genuinely think there's a lot to be gained by just stopping him having space at any cost. Take him out the game and the City side is a lot more manageable.
Absolutely. More teams should do it. Only Foden and Cancelo consistently create apart from him. I'd take my chances 10 on 10.

KeanoMagicHat

It’s hard to think of a PL midfielder as devastating as the whole attacking midfield package, closest thing is probably Gerrard, but he had way more bad games and did stupid things during games that De Bruyne never does. One of his underrated skills is actually his dribbling, that driving from midfield and the constant running is amazing, to go with exceptional passing and decision making.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think at his best he's the best midfielder the prem has seen. Everyone at their best I think Beckham would be 2nd on that list even though he was on the right, but de Bruyne is just more complete IMO.
Agree with this. I'll go one further - if they win the CL and he puts in a MOTM performance in the final it would elevate him to the Zidane/Dinho level

MUFC OK

He's everything I hoped Pogba would've been for us. Feck him, he's annoyingly good.
We’ll it’s down to application I’m afraid, Pogba had all the ability to be this for us and possesses greater physical athleticism. Think Jose was going about managing him in the right way. Paul needed challenging.

KeanoMagicHat

We’ll it’s down to application I’m afraid, Pogba had all the ability to be this for us and possesses greater physical athleticism. Think Jose was going about managing him in the right way. Paul needed challenging.
Even at Pogba’s best, and he’s far less consistent than De Bruyne, his football brain and decision making is much worse, while Pogba has been looking slower these days, De Bruyne probably has him for pace even if Pogba is stronger and better aerially.