Kevin De Bruyne

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
The title is actually just about over in August :lol:

It's almost comical. But yeah City were already starting to look like a juggernaut without De Bruyne so with this, and if Aguero can stay fit.....Chelsea, United and the rest can forget about even getting a title challenge going never mind winning it.

Godfather

Thought it was too late in the window to sign worldlcass players?

CIty might very well walk the league this year. You have to give it to them though, they are signing the right players.

Cantona'sCollar

Credit to City, they are signing the players that they need. He'll be a better buy than Sterling, I think. He already is twice the player, it's just a matter of transferring it to the PL.

Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne behind Aguero :nervous:

Robbie Boy

I think we are all in agreement that it's a good signing. However, there is nothing smart about splashing the cash on a player, just like how no one called us smart when we splashed £60m on di Maria, despite the fact that he was purchased to push us back into the top 4, which he did. I'd say Coutinho is a fine example of a smart signing, he was bought for less than £10m and is easily worth twice that amount.
The Di Maria and KDB signings are completely different. One smacked of short-sightedness and panic whilst the other will most likely be a terrific purchase. The KDB transfer was dragged out as Wolfsburg done all they could to keep him but ultimately couldn't compete with City's financial muscle. As for Coutinho; he's a clear anomaly. Italian teams have form for letting players go that then turn into sensations; take Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira as examples. Coutinho looks like he will be joining that list. Teams often take gambles on players like Coutinho and the record is certainly more miss than hit.

Robbie Boy

Yep, :lol: at Man City

Imagine if we spent £100m on those two. I would be sooo upset. Pace and creativity, feck that
This place would just be full of lolz had we done such awful business. Sterling and KDB, the joke is firmly on City :lol:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Fair few of you sound as if you'll be off buying blue jerseys this weekend.

MarkC

Fair few of you sound as if you'll be off buying blue jerseys this weekend.
That's what I take from a lot of the comments as well. People need to get a grip. If they had spent 100 million buying a player like Muller or a Messi type i'd be more worried but Sterling and De Bruyne are hardly going to guarantee them the league.

As somebody else said it's dependent on whether they can keep Aguero fit more than any of the 3 that play behind them.

Robbie Boy

That's what I take from a lot of the comments as well. People need to get a grip. If they had spent 100 million buying a player like Muller or a Messi type i'd be more worried but Sterling and De Bruyne are hardly going to guarantee them the league.

As somebody else said it's dependent on whether they can keep Aguero fit more than any of the 3 that play behind them.
If we signed Sterling and KDB, be honest, what would the reaction on here be like? Be honest now.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Sterling and De Bruyne would be a massive boost to our attack though. Both of them are great ages and will only improve (20 and 24)

Even if Aguero does get an injury at least they have Bony...we have nothing

Robbie Boy

Sterling and De Bruyne would be a massive boost to our attack though. Both of them are great ages and will only improve (20 and 24)

Even if Aguero does get an injury at least they have Bony...we have nothing
But y'know, they aren't Messi or Ronaldo so they haven't improved City at all. I understand being bitter towards certain rivals but be realistic, their window has been pretty fantastic. I thought they might add another CM but that's it.

Sam

I don't think people realise just how far behind City we are.

We're closer to Liverpools level, then we are to City's.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think we are all in agreement that it's a good signing. However, there is nothing smart about splashing the cash on a player, just like how no one called us smart when we splashed £60m on di Maria, despite the fact that he was purchased to push us back into the top 4, which he did. I'd say Coutinho is a fine example of a smart signing, he was bought for less than £10m and is easily worth twice that amount.
For every Coutinho there is 2 or 3 Ballotellis and Lovrens.

If City are convinced that KDB is the right man for them, they don't give a feck about overpaying by £10m or whatever. They just got a top player from a club that absolutely did not want and did not need to sell.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I don't think people realise just how far behind City we are.

We're closer to Liverpools level, then we are to City's.
Agree with this.

The way things quickly unraveled when Fergie left has left us in an absolute state. It will take us another few years to get to where City are now.

Our managers tactics are holding us back, I believe.

zing

Zingle balls

I like how Muller gets lumped in with Messi now that he's linked to United.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I fully expect City to do well in CL this year. They seem to have everything covered with quality.
No chance. Fernandinho is gonna be the only defensive minded player in their front 6. They'll blow teams away in the league but this signing doesn't do anything to fix their problems in Europe

Oo0AahCantona

How much have they spent this window? That's not a criticism as everyone spends a lot these days but it seems like more than usual.
FFP got binned, so theyve taken the chance to lower the age of their spine, 140m spent pretty well looking at the quality they have now.

Revan

Assumptionman
The title is actually just about over in August :lol:

It's almost comical. But yeah City were already starting to look like a juggernaut without De Bruyne so with this, and if Aguero can stay fit.....Chelsea, United and the rest can forget about even getting a title challenge going never mind winning it.
In the most competitive league in the world :cool:

City have done very well this summer. They are a midfielder(or two depending on Toure) and a left back away from a team which is as good as any team in Europe. I think that they'll get those upgrades next summer, surely they are doing some good long term planning.

Revan

Assumptionman
LOL. KDB is probably Muller's level imo.
Based on last season, he is. But Muller has been a top 10 player for more than 5 years now, while KDB has had a single world class season, so it is not fair to compare them. The only attackers who are mroe established than Muller are Messi and Ronaldo, while I would say that Suarez and Neymar are better but Muller has been doing this far longer than them.

KDB needs to play for another 5 years in this level to be compared with him.

RooneyLegend

He just isn't worth the money they paid for him. Add in the fact that they're well stocked in the position's he plays, such business makes no sense.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He just isn't worth the money they paid for him. Add in the fact that they're well stocked in the position's he plays, such business makes no sense.
With three behind Aguero, two being Sterling & Silva, he's absolutely a huge upgrade on anyone else they could play in that third position.

Also, "worth" is unimportant to City, seemingly. If you spend £10,000 on a £5,000 guitar, it wasn't "worth" it, but it's still a bloody good guitar.

Sam

When they're strolling to yet another title, I doubt they'll give two shits about the money spent, or how well stocked they already were.

RooneyLegend

When they're strolling to yet another title, I doubt they'll give two shits about the money spent, or how well stocked they already were.
Reckon the should cause despite the whipping's they hand out in the league, they're still not in the elite of the european game. The should be improving with that in sight.

United22

Lol what? Sterling (if he gets back to Liverpool form) and De Bruyne are probably better than almost all of the leagues attackers except Hazard, Sanchez, all of our shite attackers and whatever dross City already had on the wings. City have walked off with this title unless someone can do something about it and we definitely aren't.

MarkC

Lol what? Sterling (if he gets back to Liverpool form) and De Bruyne are probably better than almost all of the leagues attackers except Hazard, Sanchez, all of our shite attackers and whatever dross City already had on the wings. City have walked off with this title unless someone can do something about it and we definitely aren't.
City have scored the most goals in the last two seasons. Goals hasn't been a problem for them. They can add to it hoping to make it even better but there are only 2-3 players in the world that guarantee you anything any Sterling or De Bruyne aren't on that list. They just like to buy the latest thing. They haven't solved there major problem from last season which was Pellegrini.

MarkC

If we signed Sterling and KDB, be honest, what would the reaction on here be like? Be honest now.
I'd be excited with De Bruyne but concerned based on the amount spent and the question marks over his mentality and previous time in England. Sterling again I would be excited as he is a talent but for £50 million + i'd expect and attacker who can finish. He might have got a goal at the weekend but he misses far to many chances to be a top top player. He can change that but if you're spending that kind of money you expect the finished article.