Kevin Strootman

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

I'm including Herrera in that.

Strootman would walk into any midfield in England. He'd partner Yaya at City, Ramsey at Aaron, and Fabregas at Chelsea.

He's brilliant. If it costs £40m then so be it.
He's better than Fernandinho and Matic? I ain't seen much Strootman but that sounds debatable.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He's better than Fernandinho and Matic? I ain't seen much Strootman but that sounds debatable.
I think so. I think defensively he might be the same as Fernandinho but going forward, he offers much more than both of them. Either way he is going to be better than both of them if he continues his last form.

Andy_Cole

As if the Caf were underwhelmed at us apparently signing him last summer. Now people want us to break the bank for him!

Patchbeard

I'm including Herrera in that.

Strootman would walk into any midfield in England. He'd partner Yaya at City, Ramsey at Aaron, and Fabregas at Chelsea.

He's brilliant. If it costs £40m then so be it.
What what it's worth, it made me chuckle.

Oo0AahCantona

He's more jack of all trades than Matic or fernandinho, but as much of a fan as i am, i cant say he's a better player than matic, he's probably on par with fernandiniho though. and much younger.

Oo0AahCantona

His face is so punchable. Single handedly set us back 3 years. will probably go down as one of footballs biggest feckups in a show called "100 shittest things to happen in the premier league" hosted by that twat from 5 live, something bacon.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
His face is so punchable. Single handedly set us back 3 years. will probably go down as one of footballs biggest feckups in a show called "100 shittest things to happen in the premier league" hosted by that twat from 5 live, something bacon.
I would take the job too if i had the chance and i would be shit too.
It was Ferguson's fault!!!!!!! He should know that Moyes was never the right person!!!!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Still can't believe we could have signed both Thiago and Strootman for £32 fecking million, just £5m more than what we paid for Fellaini.

Ringo 07

His tenure at the club was like a Harry Enfield sketch.
Specifically a Tim-nice-but-dim sketch.......But anyways I think Van Gaal won't sign another CM and will wait a year for Strooti. Strootman really came on last season. He was banging in belters for Roma and dominating midfields. While at PSV there wasn't a whole lot of times you got to see highlights of him on TV like when he was at Roma. I think Roma will sell him a year down the raod if the price is right but they might be looking for silly money for him by then but surely he will want to come to OT to play for LVG. Anyways thank God Moyes is gone and we can start enjoying the football again regardless of the fact that LVG has a big task ahead to establish us as a force again.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Still can't believe we could have signed both Thiago and Strootman for £32 fecking million, just £5m more than what we paid for Fellaini.
Moyes screwed us big time, but Thiago wasn't his fault. He wanted to play for Guardiola.

Everything else was his fault though.

Sam

Moyes screwed us big time, but Thiago wasn't his fault. He wanted to play for Guardiola.

Everything else was his fault though.
If he'd tied up the deal (that the club had supposedly set up) before Bayern got involved, then he wouldn't have had a choice.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Being touted at far too much money now, and my Roma supporting mate says they'll never sell him.

Bwuk

He's such good chums with LVG that it's very possible he'll press for a move, which makes it very hard for the club to say no.
Yep, Van Gaal and the fact we could easily double his wages means if we want him, I'd imagine we could sign him. Just be getting a fee with Roma agreed but he wouldn't be over £40m. Around £30m I'd guess.

Even if we do sign Vidal, I'd still want Strootman.

Malva

You are over rating him to a silly degree, have you seen him recently or a few years ago?
i don't think it's much of an overrating honestly. strootman is a tank, like carrick at his prime, except physically powerful, like yaya. much better defender as well, with the same range of passing, and a cannon from distance. He's a huge presence in midfield.

Loublaze

ATLien
As if the Caf were underwhelmed at us apparently signing him last summer. Now people want us to break the bank for him!
I always wanted him here. Was pissed when we signed Fellaini instead. I agree with you though, a lot of people here didn't think he was good enough.

GloryHunter07

Can anyone tell me where Van Gal played him for Holland? As a defensive mid or more of a box to box player?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can anyone tell me where Van Gal played him for Holland? As a defensive mid or more of a box to box player?
Box-to-box, he was the key component in transitioning defence into attack and vice versa. It was like;

De Jong
----------- Strootman
Sneijder/VdV

Status
Not open for further replies.