Kick to the head punishment

Tarrou

It's too dangerous to be 'just' a 3 game ban, IMO

8/10 games seem more appropriate

don't think intent matters that much, the risk to injury is what is important

similar to the way they've made certain tackles instant reds in Rugby, even though sometimes there is no intent to injure

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This may be controversial, however if this happened with Morelos I’d be in agreement that there was some nasty intention behind it. He’s a lunatic.

I don’t think Roofe had any intention to hurt the keeper. I actually think he should have went with his head first to knock it by the keeper and the keeper would have likely clattered him and he’d have won a penalty. So effectively, he bottled it and went with his high foot last minute and made a seriously rash and incorrect decision. Definitely no malice for me.

Josep Dowling

It's pretty much a cnuts trick. You know as a forward that the keeper is coming for it and you know that you are studs up and likely going to hurt him.
Roofe didn’t exactly apologise either. Was more concerned that he got sent off for the challenge.

Red00012

Can't be as bad as when Nani viciously kicked out.. (still not over it)
Me neither, I was in the Stretford end for it , I’ll never forget the atmosphere that night , one of the best I’ve been at . Then the ref ruins it :confused:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I always find these sorts of incidents difficult to judge.

If you're going to kick a ball (at any height) at the same time as the opponent is trying a header or a save, it's not really all your fault is it? You can't possibly know when an opponent will try to put their head in danger.

If you go for an acrobatic scissor or bicycle kick above head height, its always dangerous. Does it mean we ban these sorts of overhead kicks?

Bale's CL final bicycle kick goal, chalked off.
Rooney's scissor kick shin goal vs City, chalked off.
Ronaldo's bicycle kick goal, chalked off.

It's hard to draw the line.
This sport would also be outlawed!

muller

Me neither, I was in the Stretford end for it , I’ll never forget the atmosphere that night , one of the best I’ve been at . Then the ref ruins it :confused:
Same here mate. Same as when Bayern knocked us out, rafael got sent off despite ribery fouling and diving the entire game.