Kieran McKenna as our next assistant manager| Simon Stone confirms the promotion

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Not sure if i like this.... will be our first assistant that's younger than me :(
I'm old!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Jose doesn't need to replace his approach, he needs ideas on how to make it better and I am sure McKenna is capable of that. We are not hiring him to place the cones, he will have some input. Of course final decisions will always be manager's but it doesn't mean they don't listen to their assistants.
I hope your right mate. We desperately need to improve our play.

red thru&thru

Thanks for answering the question about my Post, Pascell. You’re correct, I asked the question about Mckenna being introduced to the coaching staff, on the back off the posts that I’ve read that McKenna will have no influence in the first team.

Again I ask the question, why would Jose have him in his team if he wasn’t going to add anything to his team? Why would United pay his increase in wages (speculative from my behalf), if he wasn’t going to add anything to the team?

Garethw

You made a point he won't get chance to express himself, like you knew something?

He won't have been promoted to such a role if he wasn't going to be allowed to do his job and have a say. Jose knows a very good coach when he sees one and he's not afraid to give them roles with his backroom staff, if he sees fit.

I do agree McKenna has done a fantastic job with the u18s, who's to say he won't have an equally positive effect on the first team? We won't know until we try and I'm sure Jose wouldn't make such a move if he didn't have full confidence in McKenna, as not only is it effecting the first team but also the u18s.

I’ve watched the under 18’s a lot this season and I highly rate McKenna.

I hope your right and he is given the opportunity to bring his ideas to the table.

ti vu

Jesus Christ. It’s called having opinion!

Mckenna has worked wonders with our youth team. He’s a top coach.

The trouble is I don’t think that he will be given any licence to influence this José team.

Jose is far too arrogant to admit his approach needs to be replaced with a 32 year olds.
The way you wrote it sounds like an statement than opinion. Especially at this time for the public, we don't even know whether McKenna even worked one day with our first team yet.

Thing is likely to change as assistant manager is important. Here Rui Faria gets huge role in first team training and has been with Mourinho for ages. Mourinho is not stupid enough to treat different players the same, let alone different coach. For good or for bad, time will tell.

Garethw

Thanks for answering the question about my Post, Pascell. You’re correct, I asked the question about Mckenna being introduced to the coaching staff, on the back off the posts that I’ve read that McKenna will have no influence in the first team.

Again I ask the question, why would Jose have him in his team if he wasn’t going to add anything to his team? Why would United pay his increase in wages (speculative from my behalf), if he wasn’t going to add anything to the team?
Who has said he won’t do anything? Coaches are there to ensure that the managers vision is coached throughout the team. Mckenna is a top coach, so promoting him is a no brainer

We need more than that though. We need fresh ideas to be brought to the table on how to set the team up to attack.

I have major doubts that Mourinho will deviate from his style and I don’t think he will take other opinions on board as it would constitute a complete tactical change on his part.

Garethw

The way you wrote it sounds like an statement than opinion. Especially at this time for the public, we don't even know whether McKenna even worked one day with our first team yet.

Thing is likely to change as assistant manager is important. Here Rui Faria gets huge role in first team training and has been with Mourinho for ages. Mourinho is not stupid enough to treat different players the same, let alone different coach. For good or for bad, time will tell.
Just an opinion mate. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one :D

ti vu

Just an opinion mate. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one :D
I don't agree, but there is something really wrong when expressing your opinion and not one but other people also see as a statement. Please consider the input :wenger:

red thru&thru

Why do people have so much an issue with Jose’s tactics? Rather than his tactics, I personally think the personal are missing to apply those tactics. Of course, we can improve tactically from last year but those tactics got us 2nd, in an FA cup final last year & trophies the season before.

Jose is one of 5 different managers to have won the PL since SAF retired, so why is it Jose’s tactics outdated?

Klopp gets applauded and he’s won sweet FA!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mourinho would be wise to allow him and Carrick have influence on how we play.

haram

Mourinho would be wise to allow him and Carrick have influence on how we play.
Well McKenna will be running and organising training so I'm guessing it will influence how we play.

Ace of Spades

I don't expect Jose to suddenly play in a completely different way and go completely gung-ho, but hopefully the cohesion among our team improves, and we can hopefully play with more intensity and a higher tempo.

sugar_kane

News like this makes me wonder are we finally starting to get our shit together.

It remains to be seen if it works yet, but either Jose or the club has recognised something needs to change and we need to modernise and get some young blood and fresh ideas in the hierarchy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
News like this makes me wonder are we finally starting to get our shit together.

It remains to be seen if it works yet, but either Jose or the club has recognised something needs to change and we need to modernise and get some young blood and fresh ideas in the hierarchy.
Not sure he will be involved with tactics as such, but I think we now have someone involved who will make sure they work on attacking drills in training, because I am convinced that we haven't been doing that. I will make a big difference. I am just hoping that Jose does listen to Michael and Kieran.

wolvored

It may even be a board decision, putting pressure on Mourinho to improve our overall play. If it works and McKenna (along with Carrick) can get us playing to a good tempo and style along with a winning mentality, we could have a very good season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is potentially huge news. Mourinho taking a more SAF like approach.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Doesn't matter who We appoint or which players We sign, I just can't get that excited anymore.
Can't wait for the season to start.

PepsiCola

Good. Our attacking coaching, or lack there-of, was dreadful last season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I hope your right mate. We desperately need to improve our play.
'You're'....not 'your'. ;)
If people find it confusing, use the fully worded version - 'you are'. Nothing wrong with this.
If you are feeling fancy, then, you can replace the 'a', with an apostrophe, like this:
you are >> you 're >> you're

I hope someone finds this useful. :cool:

Garethw

If people find it confusing, use the fully worded version - 'you are'. Nothing wrong with this.
If you are feeling fancy, then, you can replace the 'a', with an apostrophe, like this:

You must have a very sad life if this is what fills your day.

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

Better give up, i tried a while back, but Brits will never get this right, unfortunately :(