Kieran McKenna | Ipswich manager

crossy1686

career ending
Would be a huge mistake by him. Rashford and co. will eat him alive and ruin his career before it even began.
Why would they? They know him pretty well for a start.

Also, an appointment like McKenna essentially means the board are going all in on the manager and the team will be rebuilt in his image regardless of what happens. McKenna isn’t going to want to do a good job at United so he can land the Bayern or Madrid job in a few years, he’ll do whatever it takes to make it work. People talk about giving Ten Hag time = Arteta but the reality is that Ten Hag isn’t wedded to United, this is just a job for him. McKenna would be the closest thing we could get to an Arteta situation but it would require patience.

van Nistelrooy

Why would they? They know him pretty well for a start.

he’ll do whatever it takes to make it work.
And there's your problem.

It could be something basic like calling you into training earlier or dropping an under performing player to the bench. The disruptive core of the dressing room won't like it and will influence others. Unless INEOS take drastic measures this summer and clear house.

I wouldn't wish this job on McKenna. His fantastic work deserves a chance, which he'll get little of at United.

Good luck Ipswich.

crossy1686

career ending
And there's your problem.

It could be something basic like calling you into training earlier or dropping an under performing player to the bench. The disruptive core of the dressing room won't like it and will influence others. Unless INEOS take drastic measures this summer and clear house.

I wouldn't wish this job on McKenna. His fantastic work deserves a chance, which he'll get little of at United.

Good luck Ipswich.
Which is why it only works if the board have made the decision to fully back the manager in this instance

van Nistelrooy

Which is why it only works if the board have made the decision to fully back the manager in this instance
Which we have never done since SAF.

It just costs too much to cut players, especially when they're on bumper contracts like Rashford now is.

We can only hope INEOS are serious and have been watching for the past few years.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Just caught the last 30 mins + stoppage and and it was fun to watch, Ipswich players know who to pass it quickly, so direct, but quite shameful defending. Sort of like us at times. That Hutchinson lad looks promising and EPL level talent.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Shame the Coventry game is the same time as Madrid - Bayern would have enjoyed seeing if he could make it up
I genuinely think it will be the more entertaining match. I will be watching it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
1-2 leading away at Coventry, 90 minutes finished and 11 minutes added time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
One point needed from the last game vs already relegated Huddersfield (H) on Saturday to guarantee an automatic promotion to the Premier League. Go on lads.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Really want them to go up with Leicester. Hopefully Leeds lose the play offs.

Crimson King

My missus is from Ipswich so I'd have been keeping an eye on them without the McKenna link. It would be an incredible achievement if they go up, really hoping they do it!

PvsNP

Impressive. I hope INEOS will be keeping an eye on him in the next 3-4 years.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I’ll be at Portman Rd on Saturday, it should be rocking.

We’ve currently got statues of Bobby Robson and Alf Ramsey outside the ground, that serve as meeting points. I’m sure there’s room for a 3rd!

Both Sir Alf and Sir Bobby left Ipswich to manage England. Just saying.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Genuinely might be next united manager if we keep ten hag for another season.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Genuinely might be next united manager if we keep ten hag for another season.
Would you hire any other manager who has only 2,5 years of first team management experience as the Manchester United manager? Or 3,5 years in that scenario. One year at top tier level.

If not, what about his United connection makes such a difference? Genuine question I’ve been thinking about when reading this thread.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would you hire any other manager who has only 2,5 years of first team management experience as the Manchester United manager? Or 3,5 years in that scenario. One year at top tier level.

If not, what about his United connection makes such a difference? Genuine question I’ve been thinking about when reading this thread.
I would. If he's already been at the club and continues to show such stellar progress he should be in the frame.

Not long ago when I thought ETH was done here I was hoping for Carrick actually, rather than a short-term interim fix. He's not got the outstanding record McKenna has but he's knows the club and he looks the part. They both come across as very intelligent.

CM

Ipswich have been really impressive this season. Hope they see it through on final day

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Seems extremely likely that they'll clinch it now. Huddersfield are basically relegated and Leeds have to play 4th place Southampton.

Nice to have them back. Still remember their fifth place finish in 00/01. Another four points would've had them playing CL football in 01/02.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Yes. Don't see why the lack of time makes a difference if you're genuinely good enough?

Mourinho for example only had around that time before becoming Chelsea manager, albeit in a stronger league and competitions.

Zidanes only managerial experience is Madrid.

And I'm sure it's exactly the same as pep at Barca if I remember correctly.