Film Killers of the Flower Moon | Scorsese's next

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Probably not gonna watch this in cinema, just too long. I'll probably fall asleep.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I personally don't think it is worth seeing any movie in the cinema these days unless there are special effects.
You make me want to punch kittens
We have far too many traditional 3+ hour plot/character driven films that demand non stop audience attention. It feels exhausting and rarely worth the time sink. But there aren’t enough 3+ hour film which are purely vibe based.

We need to bring back all night cinemas that only show the works of Tarkosky, Akerman, Tsai Ming Liang and Theo Angelopoulos. Instead of getting popcorn and Coca-Cola you are given a couple of diazepam pills and warm hot chocolate.
Shamefully forgetting our good man Mann.

Wing Attack Plan R

We have far too many traditional 3+ hour plot/character driven films that demand non stop audience attention. It feels exhausting and rarely worth the time sink. But there aren’t enough 3+ hour film which are purely vibe based.

We need to bring back all night cinemas that only show the works of Tarkosky, Akerman, Tsai Ming Liang and Theo Angelopoulos. Instead of getting popcorn and Coca-Cola you are given a couple of diazepam pills and warm hot chocolate.
You could hand out medals to viewers who didn't have to get up even once. Competition movie watching is the final frontier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_films

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Cheers for this. So many films I don’t know about.

Nice to read it’s actually good.
Didn’t reach the same heights for me as is being shown in RT, etc, but it’s a decent flick. Saw it on IMAX but really didn’t need to. Regular screening would have been kosher.

SirAF

Ageist
I'll be waiting for this to hit Apple TV+, but I like what I'm hearing so far!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh nice, that's really cool bagging a ticket. What's your killer question for him?
I'm just there for the ambiance and to watch the film. The questions at these events tend to be more media centric (ie. what was it like working with Leo and Bob again? etc), as opposed to technical film making questions I would be more interested in.

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'm just there for the ambiance and to watch the film. The questions at these events tend to be more media centric (ie. what was it like working with Leo and Bob again?), as opposed to technical film making questions I would be more interested in.
Fair point about the likely questions. Should be interesting, though you're going to need a cast-iron bladder if it's the Q&A then film back to back.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Fair point about the likely questions. Should be interesting, though you're going to need a cast-iron bladder if it's the Q&A then film back to back.
Yep. I went in with an empty bladder & only smuggled in a 20oz. Mountain Dew. I had to tap out at the 2.5 hour mark to take a leak.

Sweet Square

Didn’t reach the same heights for me as is being shown in RT, etc, but it’s a decent flick. Saw it on IMAX but really didn’t need to. Regular screening would have been kosher.
Oh interesting. I was wonder if it worth seeing it in imax but will probably go for just a regular screening.
If De Niro doesn't have a mullet at some point, I am OUT.
I’ve been desperately googling to have mullet De Niro and it’s doesn’t seem to exist :(

AaronRedDevil

Definitely one of the worst movies I've seen this year. It was soo shit. Its hilarious how Martin tells us all how superhero movies are killing cinema when he's making overly long dross like The Irishman and Killers of the Flower Moon. Does he not realise people go to the cinema to be Entertained! Not fall asleep watching Leo act stupid and kill any onunce of acting in it. The plot could have been told the same with an hour and a half or 2 hours. 3+ hours is just taking the absolute piss. This was the very first time I was so close to walking out. 8 people straight up left halfway through the movie. Which I've never seen happen before aswel. Absolute waste of time seeing it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Definitely one of the worst movies I've seen this year. It was soo shit. Its hilarious how Martin tells us all how superhero movies are killing cinema when he's making overly long dross like The Irishman and Killers of the Flower Moon. Does he not realise people go to the cinema to be Entertained! Not fall asleep watching Leo act stupid and kill any onunce of acting in it. The plot could have been told the same with an hour and a half or 2 hours. 3+ hours is just taking the absolute piss. This was the very first time I was so close to walking out. 8 people straight up left halfway through the movie. Which I've never seen happen before aswel. Absolute waste of time seeing it.
Oh Aaron hates it. It must be good.

FriedClams

gonna need to see proof you even went to see it

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I thought it was quite good, not as good as the book though. I think my biggest criticism is that Scorsese didn't include an epilogue about the unknown scale of the murders. Dozens, if not hundreds, of Osage were murdered by white people, and many of them were unrelated to William Hale. It's something the author discovered while writing the book and dedicated a decent chunk to the book to it.

I somehow made it 3.5 hours without a bathroom break while drinking tea.

I also enjoyed Jason Isbell's performance.