Film Kingdom of the Planet of The Apes

Big Andy

Bloke

Loved the first 3, one of the few franchises that has gotten better with each film. Glad they've continued the story rather than another reboot as was mooted over the past couple of years.

I hope that the spaceship that went missing in the news reports in the first movie reappears from its wormhole and crashes at the end of this movie (And Mark Wahlberg gets out :lol:).

Yagami

Good post resistant
Off topic but did anyone see that recent Kong vidya game? I didn't expect a game to rival Gollum so soon.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I enjoyed the others also but can't really remember how it all ended. Will probably watch this at some point.
I rewatched them a little bit earlier this year, it's a really really good trilogy, doesn't get as much recognition as it deserves imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I enjoyed the others also but can't really remember how it all ended. Will probably watch this at some point.
Same, I know I definitely enjoyed the trilogy, but if you asked me right now I'm not sure I could tell you anything that happened in them

Jacob

Been a long time since a was this excited for a premiere.

Loon

:lol:

Loved the first 3, one of the few franchises that has gotten better with each film. Glad they've continued the story rather than another reboot as was mooted over the past couple of years.

I hope that the spaceship that went missing in the news reports in the first movie reappears from its wormhole and crashes at the end of this movie (And Mark Wahlberg gets out :lol:).
Should be a CGI Charlton Heston. Best thing this series did is show reverence to the brilliant original movie.

RedDevilRoshi

Seen this yesterday. Not bad although I prefer the previous 3 films. Noah just not as good a character as Caesar was in those films.

didz

Seen this yesterday. Not bad although I prefer the previous 3 films. Noah just not as good a character as Caesar was in those films.
I've been hesitant towards this, largely because every time the ad for it comes on they have the quote "the best one in the series." The first one was okay and the others pretty meh, being kind.

Is it a good film in its own right?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Same, I know I definitely enjoyed the trilogy, but if you asked me right now I'm not sure I could tell you anything that happened in them
I can't remember how many of the original 5 films I watched. Certainly 2 or 3 of them and possibly all 5. I know I saw the 2000 reboot and one of more (possibly all) of the last 3 but barring the 1968 original I can't remember much about anything that happened. Not sure if I'll bother with this one.

AaronRedDevil

It was brilliant. I'm really hyped for the next one. I'd give it a 9/10. Really enjoyed it.
I honesty thought there were humans inside the bunker. Smart humans that will be pissed and armed to the teeth, decimating every ape they see. It was fun seeing the apes perspective and seeing our world, like the symbols that are just ABC's to us:lol:. Now theres an even bigger danger coming for them. ..do they have nukes?! Loved the speech at the end between the girl and the ape. I was weirdly getting pumped as the smart humans are alive and ready to fight back.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

Yeh James Franco. Was a good film. The other 2 weren’t so memorable.
Nah I thought the 2nd movie was unreal. Koba being one of the best villians. Seeing an ape Duel Weilding 2 LMG was a fun watch. 3rd was very good too but the 3rd act kinda went in a weird direction

Superunknown

I can't fecking wait to see this later on this week. I'm a huge fan of the series. I grew up with the classic films and adore them. The recent trilogy was awesome. Only reason I haven't seen it yet is because I've had something on every night this week and just haven't had time yet. Can't wait.

Sylar

I loved the recent trilogy. It was great action scenes and a good overall story.

The 2001 mark wahlberg one is still funny to this day. Im not even sure if the ending was genius or madness.

Andy_Cole

I loved the recent trilogy. It was great action scenes and a good overall story.

The 2001 mark wahlberg one is still funny to this day. Im not even sure if the ending was genius or madness.
I’d like to rewatch. Loved it when I was 11.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
2nd one was my favourite. Thought the third was weaker than the other two but still a good film. Will watch.