2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lost bear

Carrick was a fair bit quicker than what Kobbie is displaying at the moment but it looks like Kobbie has more physicality and he is only 18 so it is looking good for him.
Either some on here never saw Carrick play or some have simply forgot how good he was but I can remember watching a young Carrick alongside Cole and Lampard and I thought he looked the best out of the three.
Carrick was a great player, one of my favourite midfielders.

Blood Mage

He should watch some video's of Fernandinho at City, he'll at least learn how to commit tactical fouls and get away with it.
Fernandinho is probably the type of midfielder he's closet to in terms of skillset, he's not a Bellingham who's basically a no.10 at Madrid now. Stupid comparison.

Ekeke

7 tackles, a few good passes and a good shot

Its dumb that an 18 year old was our best player but he was

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Technically the best player on the pitch and even displayed good recovery pace to thwart Wigan on the counter.

Irwin99

Classy performance. It's so weird to see a United midfielder that actually wants to keep things ticking and get on the ball. I'd forgotten what it was like- the days of Keane, Scholes and Carrick seem so many years ago.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very good performance, still doesn't quite look to be able to keep up full intensity for 90 mins to me but I think he's definitely getting fitter.

DarnleyDevil7

Thought he was brilliant tonight. Think he won 7/7 tackles, was always available and has great athleticism. Has to be a starter for the rest of the season, and beyond now.

redom

Wonder how we're going to use him once Casemiro is back, the obvious choice would be to replace McT with him but we also seem to be moulding him for that deeper position so who knows.

the_cliff

Wonder how we're going to use him once Casemiro is back, the obvious choice would be to replace McT with him but we also seem to be moulding him for that deeper position so who knows.
He'll be in the same position imo. Casemiro will be the one to take up Mctominays position.

edgecutter

A great talent, but the club will ruin him by giving him a contract like Rashfords.

The White Pele

I’m hoping to see Mainoo and Casemiro together. Casemiro is actually a bigger goal threat than McTominay and could have more freedom to get in the box.

Mainoo will certainly be the one who comes deep to get on the ball and out of possession the pair of them will give the back 4 good protection.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mainoo was easily the man of the match for me. I have no idea what McCoist was up to giving it to Dalot.

Besides Garnacho, the only positive from tonight's game was Kobbie's performance: Both defensively and progressively. Just looks levels above what's around him and he's only a kid.

We spent gazillions trying to replace Michael Carrick. In the end it was academy what done it.

Mike Smalling

Not a perfect performance, but still really good. And he clearly knows how to play the position in a way that at least McTominay and Eriksen just don't. Things like how to cover, tracking his man, making himself available and all that. Also doesn't hurt that he can get stuck in and win some physical duels.

It's wild that he is currently our best CM and Garnacho is our best forward.

redom

He'll be in the same position imo. Casemiro will be the one to take up Mctominays position.
Has Casemiro ever played that advanced before? He's definitely shown an eye for goal at times so it could be an interesting one but it'd be a bit surprising for me personally if we saw him play the same role Scott has been filling.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not concerned about him starting every game given we don't play twice a week anymore. He's a quality player though, and progressing so quickly.

KjaAnd

I’ve been somewhat concerned with his lack of pace and I still think he’s quite slow but I was very impressed seeing him sprinting back to stop their only dangerous counter attack in the second half. On the ball, he’s our best CM. What a gem.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed. Casemiro just isn't a first receiver in midfield for a team that wants to play out from the back, but Mainoo has the ability to be that player.

Roboc7

After dross we have seen in midfield for so long it’s refreshing to see a proper midfielder. Long way to go and he’ll need better players around him but lots of potential and should get a lot of opportunities for rest of season.

massey

He basically was our whole midfield tonight I really hope ten hag gets his act together and signs someone strong alongside him or casemiro gets back soon as he will be burnt out by the time he's 19, ten hag will probably drop him and stick with mctominay jogging around upfront with Bruno.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His football IQ for 18 is utterly outstanding. On top of that he has ridiculous ability.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Looked good again.

Mad to think he is only 18 - he really looks like he's been in the team for years.