6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ralaks

Scott better find his warmest tracksuit for the coming season if this continues

Alan Partridge

The way he took the initiative to make a run up the right wing when everyone was static and nothing was on for Heaton

Raven

No. He was probably one of the best as heartbeat setter of team, deep-lying playmaker, but full of creativity. In his days in Ajax, he was partnered by Davis, destroyer. But he’s very versatile. I remember he played different offensive roles for AC Milan.
Well, if we get that from Mainoo, I'd be over the moon. He's got all the talent you could ask for.

city-puma

ETH will manage his development carefully I hope.
Well, if we get that from Mainoo, I'd be over the moon. He's got all the talent you could ask for.
if the club, his family, and himself can truly take care of himself and focus greatly on this sports, he will become something definitely. Hope him make it here!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
This kid has got it.

Glad he is getting a run in the team this season.

dutchred

One of my main concerns about tis season was a back up for Casemiro but I think we have him in Kobbie

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have posted maybe 2 times in the past 2 years.

This is my third post: This kid is going straight to the top.

Baller.

Blood Mage

I hope he isn't just the new pre-season Pirlo. He looks promising but people are mad expecting him to deputise for Casemiro this season, it's too soon.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
First pre-season game I’ve seen and the first time I’ve really seen him but I was very impressed. Absolutely class in possession but perhaps more importantly he was great positionally, knowing when to drive forward and when to sit deep between the defenders. Thought he was a big reason we had so much more control in the first half. Really special talent. Biggest complement I can give him is that he didn’t look like a young lad out there, but a proper first teamer. Exciting times ahead and I hope he gets plenty of minutes this season.

Leonzo1

Hopefully he won't fade out like Iqbal did last year. Reminds me a lot of Carrick. Calm composed and believes in his abilities which is great to see.

El Jefe

He was really good today. It's really good that we have EtH to develop our talented youngster. You can see how he's being moulded with the positions he was taking up on and off the ball as well as drifting to the right.

If he continues like this he'll have definitely played himself into one of the CM positions.

SAFMUTD

Another good performance. Kid's earning a place in the squad for next season.

Red Royal

I hope he isn't just the new pre-season Pirlo. He looks promising but people are mad expecting him to deputise for Casemiro this season, it's too soon.
100% agree. He did well but should just be involved around the squad to learn from the seniors. I don't expect more than a few Carabou cup type minutes at best.

crossy1686

career ending
Well Ten Hag has blocked his loan move because he wants him in the first team this coming season so that says all you need to know about the lad. The manager see's a player in him and it looks like he's going to get a few chances this season. Hopefully he can come on and have a stroll around when we're a few goals to the good here and there.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he could be our future DM. Hope we give him more game time this season, he is the real deal.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Didn't see the game but he seems ready. Pass my eye test in most matches, very calm with the goal. Should be a very long future with United. He can easily replace McTominay in midfield, let's try to get McTominay or VDB out of the club.

prateik

He was good.. best thing was that he looks physically ready... that's a big advantage for a young player..

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why too soon? Because he is only 18?

Gavi and Pedri were already first team player for Barca at same age, playing 40+ games a season.

Bondi77

Well Ten Hag has blocked his loan move because he wants him in the first team this coming season so that says all you need to know about the lad. The manager see's a player in him and it looks like he's going to get a few chances this season. Hopefully he can come on and have a stroll around when we're a few goals to the good here and there.
He was never going out on loan going by what Erik said quite a while ago when he referenced Alejandro breaking into the first team and that Kobbie was on his way too.

Hoof the ball

100% agree. He did well but should just be involved around the squad to learn from the seniors. I don't expect more than a few Carabou cup type minutes at best.
Isn't that overcautious? Top talents like Pedri, Gavi, Vinicius Jnr, Musiala, Bellingham, etc, never had that kind of restriction you're suggesting, and they were younger than Mainoo is now.

If Mainoo got a few Carabao minutes at best he'd be getting less overall minutes this season at 18 than those players got at 17.

At some point you have to not be so fearful. He's got the maturity, he's got the physicality and the quality to cope with more than a breadcrumb of minutes, so, why shouldn't he get his fair share of PL minutes from the bench too?

sport2793

Think the thing I realized seeing Mainoo today is that really good midfielders distinguish themselves by always taking the right positions in all phases of the build up, being willing to receive the ball in tough spaces, and being press-resistant. Mainoo showed a lot in all 3 today, definitely a player to look out for this season, not just in the future for me.

wolvored

TH loved to bring the youth through at Ajax, so I've read, so this could be another Garnacho seaon for Mainoo. He deserves a chance.

Gordon S

One of the best on the pitch tonight. Hopefully he can translate it better to competetive games than Pereira.