2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

abailey123

Once he starts a game and begins looking up for a pass rather than looking afraid to get on the ball like the remainder of our midfield this lad will nail down a place.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Real chance for him to break in. McTominay, Mainoo and Amrabat are our only fit midfielders right now who can play as a pair behind Bruno. And Amrabat and McTominay will definitely not work as a pair. So he'll get his chance. Hope he can take it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't like this. How long has he been out? He's getting thrown into a horrible fixture. Crowd will be vicious. Everton players will be massively up for it and playing with a chip on their shoulder. He could get ripped to ribbons.

Very strange decision to start him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Aw sweet! So it seems the manager really was intent on giving him proper minutes this season and his importance in preseason wasn’t due to numbers. His promise is there for all to see. The best since greenwood and I think probably of a similar level if he can stay fit and take his chances. He’s a prodigy. Fingers crossed for him

flameinthesun

I don't like this. How long has he been out? He's getting thrown into a horrible fixture. Crowd will be vicious. Everton players will be massively up for it and playing with a chip on their shoulder. He could get ripped to ribbons.

He's got a around 3 under 21 games under his belt and 1 or 2 england matches as well since his return from injury. From his performances its clear he's back to full fitness and that level is way too easy for him. Now is the right time to give him an opportunity against one of the weaker teams in the league.

pascell

No better time than now. Its clear the manager backs him and so should we.

FrantikChicken

Aw sweet! So it seems the manager really was intent on giving him proper minutes this season and his importance in preseason wasn’t due to numbers. His promise is there for all to see. The best since greenwood and I think probably of a similar level if he can stay fit and take his chances. He’s a prodigy. Fingers crossed for him
He has been fit for a while and has U21 game time. We already have people complaining he’s not getting chances and now when he does, it’s apparently too risky :houllier:

Alemar

Why would we need a player, if it is too risky to start him even against such a lacklustre side as Everton? Such a player would most likely be not good enough at all.

AFC NimbleThumb

Please take your chance lad, hopiefully his Saka moment & the first step in revolutionising the midfield.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hope the kid does well.

This thread will be an absolute mare if he only has a mediocre match.

the_cliff

I think he'll handle it well. I'd much prefer him in midfield over Amrabat for example.

Ekeke

Hope the kid does well.

This thread will be an absolute mare if he only has a mediocre match.
I consider this a free go. If hes crap hes recently back from injury and our other midfielders are playing poorly too so at least we went for it and gave our best young player a chance. The only negative would be if he played poorly today and then he wasnt given more chances in the near future. If you're playing him now he needs to be given several games

Ekeke

First time posting in this particular thread?
I think you're mistaking hope for expecation. People think he can be a real difference maker for us in the first team already, but they arent going to 180 after a single match at such a young age

city-puma

It’s ridiculous to throw him into a game like this, especially considering they are just deducted 10 pts.
But boy, it’s time to make it! Hope him do well.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think you're mistaking hope for expecation. People think he can be a real difference maker for us in the first team already, but they arent going to 180 after a single match at such a young age
This thread is replete with insane expectations that transcend mere hope.

It might not be a full 180, but the kid will be criticized far more heavily than should be should he put in a poor shift.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That was incredible. What a debut start. Wow.