View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

next_number_seven

Sounds class in french.

The boy has shown class at United. His goal against Newport was quality, but could be put down to poor opposition (even if we did almost bottle it).

Tonight’s goal is something of true class. He’s obviously very good and I can’t wait to see him progress. Very very exciting that we have potentially saved ourselves a £100m gamble.
He's class but if you watch him for 3rd Wolves goal tracking back, he's running in treacle.

The goal wasn't his fault but despite being quick and agile over a few yards, he seems to lack a bit of athleticism.

Cpl Hicks

The most composed player I have seen for so long. Please please keep your feet on the ground lad!!!

criticalanalysis

I can't stop watching it

The other commentator going 'ohh ohhh ohhhh', I felt that.

Going to be honest, felt Mainoo has been below his par in terms of getting on the ball (which is mostly tactical) and his passing accuracy past two games. However, then he has two goals and that last minute clutch moment. Fecking brilliant.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Needs to keep playing a bit further forward, doesn't need to be shunted in front of the defenders like Anderson. Incredible talent.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Too good to play in front of the defence. Cant wait for Southgate to take Henderson to the Euro’s instead.
It would be a waste of his other great attribute. He should be an 8, and potentially a 10 when physically ready.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I was literally sitting with my head in my hands after their equaliser and then he goes and does that. :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Højlund talking in his post match interview then said something along the lines of “I missed preseason so didn’t get to okay with him but I heard all the players talking about him saying he’s an unbelievable player and a generational talent”. :drool:

RedIan

Hes 18 FFS, still developing his body - but hes one of those rolls Royce midfielders who come up very rarely.
Awesome talent. Two very similar goals curling placed shots.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The going 'ohh ohhh ohhhh', I felt that.

Going to be honest, felt Mainoo has been below his par in terms of getting on the ball (which is mostly tactical) and his passing accuracy past two games. However, then he has two goals and with that last minute clutch moment. Fecking brilliant.
His accuracy wont' be as good when asked to play higher up because A.) he's going to get more hospital passes from the back that put him under pressure and B.) his role is closer to a creator than a tempo setter when higher. I counted plenty of times today where he was forced to play an errant pass because it was basically his only choice as far as options go.

I'd rather us keep him as the deepest midfielder when building up and have Casemiro a bit higher, and then they can switch when we get into the middle/final third and off the ball. Casemiro is hilariously erratic as a distributor.

luke511

Looking forward to seeing how him and Bellingham play together for England

NZT-One

I think all our midfielders looked a little lost against Wolves dribblers on a couple of occasions but overall, it was enough.

His goal - scored in this way under these circumstances - will drive up the hypetrain. Hopefully, he is managed well and intelligently. Old United would have got him a 150k contract for a performance like this.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What a fecking goal. What a fecking moment. Was probably worth the bollocks penalty and Wolves comeback to have it.

Hopefully you lads who were posting some variant of "x pages for a kid who hasn't even played yet :lol:" ad nauseam can see why people wanted to talk about him a bit now. ;)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Next step of his evolution is definitely to just command the ball more. He’s 18 and I think he defers to the two veterans in midfield beside him, but he’s just as good (better, really) at shielding and recycling the ball — I want to see him be more controlling of the ball and take the lead more over Fernandes and Casemiro.

It’ll come with time, I think. Still so green.

Abraxas

I don't think we need to be nailing down his position. He's young, who knows for sure.

For now he'll play where he's needed. It's a different role next to Casimero than it is next to other options.

Woziak

Looking forward to seeing how him and Bellingham play together for England
We don’t want him playing for England however if he plays well in the rest of the season and adds goals he’ll be selected.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Next step of his evolution is definitely to just command the ball more. He’s 18 and I think he defers to the two veterans in midfield beside him, but he’s just as good (better, really) at shielding and recycling the ball — I want to see him be more controlling of the ball and take the lead more over Fernandes and Casemiro.

Honestly the next step is getting two players that operate on the same wave length/composure as him. We don't have that currently.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm still buzzing from that goal! This kid's talent and composure is unreal...

Also seems quite nice and humble.

Roboc7

Yeah that is definitely next step for him, no. Reason why he can’t do it either. The goal was a moment of pure class which he made look completely effortless.

Glorio

Where do you play him? He's just too good wherever - I said in the match thread that he's one of those players who make you feel you're missing out on playing him in another position wherever you play him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly the next step is getting two players that operate on the same wave length/composure as him. We don't have that currently.
That would be very ideal! Would love to see him on the field at the same time as Amad at some point too.

criticalanalysis

His accuracy wont' be as good when asked to play higher up because A.) he's going to get more hospital passes from the back that put him under pressure and B.) his role is closer to a creator than a tempo setter when higher. I counted plenty of times today where he was forced to play an errant pass because it was basically his only choice as far as options go.

I'd rather us keep him as the deepest midfielder when building up and have Casemiro a bit higher, and then they can switch when we get into the middle/final third and off the ball. Casemiro is hilariously erratic as a distributor.
I know exactly what you mean and tbh it's a very small sample size but I still think his errant passes were a bit poor even for his standards despite being in tighter situations/being pressed for all angles. I'm not worried, as he has all the tools to sharpen in this aspect but it was just an observation.

As for his position, yes I'd agree that would be nice as we can get him on the ball more. It'd be even better if they were both playing in tandem but then again, that's almost hopeless asking for that because I don't think ETH is ever going to change our defensive/midfield transitional issues.

Red Royal

I'm still buzzing from that goal! This kid's talent and composure is unreal...

Also seems quite nice and humble.
Hope it stays that way... and a huge contract and a social media following doesn't change him, or any of the kids.

CM

It's really nice to have a player with Mainoo's composure coming through in such a chaotic team. Hopefully he'll develop nicely when we bring a new manager in.

IRELANDUNITED

:lol:
On that note though... Hell of a midfield England have long term there. Rice, Mainoo and Bellingham. That's a midfield set to dominate the world stage for years
I’m giddy, I’m absolutely buzzing so of course I’m talking on emotion. But what a player we have on our hands. Forget about the goal, he’s playing midfield in the premier league regularly at 18 years old and he’s dominated games. Has that happened before, when has an 18 year old midfielder looked this good? Fabregas maybe?

Alemar

Excellent performance, goal of the season contender as well. Brilliant today