Kobbie Mainoo: Play like you have to score and don't hold it back. Your max potential. Release it please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Latest highlights. Watched him for a while. He is the one I’d most like to see make it.

Looks 2 or 3 years above his actual age. Supremely comfortable on the ball (technique and physique combine to make it v difficult to get the ball off him) but also has very mature decision making… when to hold, when to pass or when to think “gap there, run with it”.

Obviously standard has to be taken into account and we never know who will mature as hoped (ability or ‘decision making’) but if he kicks on, I‘d like to see him brought into squad training and maybe odd appearances (cups/subs) next year.

wangyu

I think huge "blockbuster" clubs like Man Utd really don't need a youth setup. It was proven again this year when we splurged 200 million on transfers. We might develop decent players that may go on to play in the championship or for a decent level EPL team but the profits made off of them is minimal.
So this guy will probably not make it either (at utd) despite having the talent. The problem is there is no time for growth in a club our size, money makes lazy. We have a problem? Lets buy our way out...

For smaller teams youth setups are vital, they manage to sell to the blockbuster clubs for dozens of millions and for them it is a lifeline.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I think huge "blockbuster" clubs like Man Utd really don't need a youth setup. It was proven again this year when we splurged 200 million on transfers. We might develop decent players that may go on to play in the championship or for a decent level EPL team but the profits made off of them is minimal.
So this guy will probably not make it either (at utd) despite having the talent. The problem is there is no time for growth in a club our size, money makes lazy. We have a problem? Lets buy our way out...

For smaller teams youth setups are vital, they manage to sell to the blockbuster clubs for dozens of millions and for them it is a lifeline.
I honestly question how much of a Manchester United fan you truly are if you actually believe that. Giving youth a chance is one of the foundations set at the club literally lifetimes ago, and you question it. Odd.

MUnchies

I honestly question how much of a Manchester United fan you truly are if you actually believe that. Giving youth a chance is one of the foundations set at the club literally lifetimes ago, and you question it. Odd.
Our "fans" just like bashing the club for no reason sometimes. How he turn Mainoo playing good to something negative against the club says it all.

b82REZ

:lol:

wangyu

People with different ideas are always laughed at or with. I didn’t single out utd either, with blockbuster clubs I mean those teams that wanted to break away to form the superleague.
Imagine if the super league went forward. This would mean even less of self developed players would break through.

I personally wonder if the entire youth set up and everything that comes with it is actually profitable.

It is just a random thought of mine that doesn’t warrant questioning my love for utd. But if you guys see thus as me bashing the club then you are quite simply wrong.

Flexdegea

My eyes are bleeding.

You surely can't be a United fan :lol:

Flexdegea

People with different ideas are always laughed at or with. I didn’t single out utd either, with blockbuster clubs I mean those teams that wanted to break away to form the superleague.
Imagine if the super league went forward. This would mean even less of self developed players would break through.

I personally wonder if the entire youth set up and everything that comes with it is actually profitable.

It is just a random thought of mine that doesn’t warrant questioning my love for utd. But if you guys see thus as me bashing the club then you are quite simply wrong.

Its 100% profitable never mind churning out more young players who make it to the pro ranks than any other club. Which means they get a career, and don't get left behind.

On top of providing players for the first team squad.

Nonsense posting to be fair

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

only when they type shite

wangyu

Lighten up all of you

So I guess me revealing that I was pro super league isn’t going to help either

Demaw

Its 100% profitable never mind churning out more young players who make it to the pro ranks than any other club. Which means they get a career, and don't get left behind.

On top of providing players for the first team squad.

If Mainoo and Vitek etc come through there's 100 million plus saving in a central midfield and keeper, plus they know exactly what the club is made up of. Elanga is already starting and whilst not the greatest, to sign someone with his potential is another 25-30 million. No 5 million pounds signings anymore. Garnacho was a teen when we signed him and similar to Elanga. Whilst Hannibal and Amad are expensive, if he/they step up, there's another 40 million plus player. Huge help with the kids. That's why Chelsea fork out big bucks. You just need 2-3.

LuckyScout78

Over a year later. This boy hasn't make me change my mind and belief on him yet.

I don't send out and give a statement like this in my whole time in Redcafe or United old fan forum. Simply no others.

If you get to be the real deal. One of of out millions. You don't write and rate all promising youngster like this. "A young player that give me hope". What i saw in him. Over a year back. The full packet as a "football player" both skill and mentality. He got to have what i demand as a ball playing and control cm.
And if i am going to make peoples trust me and my reputation. I am not gonna rate all the promising youngster like this.

So like my first post. As a Manchester United fan. It's such a good feeling to see a cm player that is confidence, calm, composure on the ball. Not afraid to take responsibility on the ball and dictate the build up and game.

Now, he shall keeps working hard. Have the rigth focus. Keep a fan and guy like me happy watching him and United playing football.
Playing to make the fans happy. Like the a master chef make a delicious meal to serve the eater happy. The focus is same. A serving business and area of life.
Enjoy your football + help the team to score and winning matches = happy fans like me. And make peoples coming back for more.

And to keeps your feets on the ground. How? Always have a wider perspective, not narrative perspective. That football is a teamsport. Your success depend on rest of your teammates, coaches and etc etc. Our own success depend on the relations with others. Honestly your rivals teams too. Like your rivals teams drop points. Etc etc. Brutally honest. Only one team can win premier leauge, ch.league and FA cup. But if not winning those trophies. At least you have brought joyment to fans here and there really often. You have done a lot what it require you to do. As a pro player. Or highest level of a chef in a restaurant.
Everyone can and will have a bad day at the office. But how sharp, focus and consistent are the key factors.

And learn from others youngster. Why they didn't made it. Like they didnt't have the right focus. Distract by social media, fame and etc etc.

Enjoy the moment, but zero your mind and back to focus, direction and goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The LuckyScout78 seal of approval to follow a MOTM performance at Goodison

This boy is going straight to the top

mctrials23

Boy looks quality. Ability to turn and drive through the middle of the pitch effectively which is something we have sorely missed for years. Fingers crossed he will continue to develop and get opportunities.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
The LuckyScout78 seal of approval to follow a MOTM performance at Goodison

This boy is going straight to the top
let’s see how he reacts to that before deciding if he’s going to make it here. he might feel he’s achieved all there is to achieve in the game now (which is only natural.) i’ll be watching on to see how he reacts, but i get the distinct impression it’s all downhill from here for him.

Jeffthered

Can we let him breathe a little? The opening statement in this thread is almost desperate.

Conor

I remember seeing Mainoo in the womb, and the way he used the space was incredible. I followed his mother for weeks on end, a restraining order and then 30 days in jail later, I can say that it was all worth it, as I've been proven right on the internet.

Blood Mage

For once Lucky Scout might be right about a player? If you take enough swings eventually you'll hit the ball.

Still early days though and he hasn't played against an elite opponent yet.

LuckyScout78

Personally. I think and believe Mainoo will play different roles in a 433 compare to a 4411 formation with 2 cm duo instead of a cm trio. How? I will analyzing it now. And this current moment i am writing. United currend squad status and analyzing.

In a proactive 433 formation. Proactive = dominate and control football. The opposite of sitting back and counter attack set up. Against teamas United shall dominate and have the ball most of the time.

It will be this line up :

Garnacho/Antony - Bruno - Mainoo/CDM/6 - Eriksen/Mount - Rasford + Højlund

Here Mainoo will be the deep laying creative playmaker. Who hold it back a bit, compare to the two 8's.

But in a proactive 4411 or 4231, if Casemiro or Amrabat are available. In this formation if i was Ten Hag and United i will prefer and personally use Mainoo as a nr.8. A more attack and more box to box cm player. Beside a more defensive cm player/nr.6 in Casemiro or Amrabat = both stronger and better to break up opponent attack.

And why using Mainoo in this nr.8 role?The creative box to box cm player?
Here are some of the reason :

- If we look in the video i posted in the first post. We do see a Mainoo that can pass, dribbling 1 or 2 opponent players. I do see a box to box cm ability in him. On a higher level too. Running with the ball in cm area.
- Mainoo has eyes for through ball passes/key passes. If he is more free. Then he can deliver that trought passes from all area on the pitch.
And he does take high risk passes/through ball passes. And it will be more easily if you have more freedom to roam in cm area and on the pitch.
- Another reason is. Mainoo is still young and full of energy. And i think and believe we will see a more complete and more of his attacking and creative ability. If we don't limit and ask him to hold back and sit back a bit. In a more defensive nr.6 role.

Here i will compare him to the United ex nr.8 legend in Paul Ince. Mainoo is still really young. In a 4411 and nr.8 role. I want to see a more nr.8 with higher energy and guts. Top guts, top drive and energy. Like Paul Ince. United all round and complete cm player.

Paul Ince trought this video. It was just crazy how complete Paul Ince was a player. Ince had might scissor kick than Garnacho, Rooney and Ronaldo together. The energy, drive and guts of Ince was so crazy, top notch and world class. A winner head and mentality. Top fighting spirit.

I think Mainoo does has that Ince's energy, guts, fighting spirit and box to box/attacking skill in him. Mainoo is still really young. Don't limit and hold back what he can and capable to deliver on the pitch.
We have more adult and growing up cm player in Casemiro and Amrabat. Special Casemiro who hasn't the same acceleration, top speed and ability to pass opponent players like Mainoo.
So again. If Casemiro is fully fit. I think Casemiro shall play along side Mainoo as nr.6 and Mainoo as the creative box to box cm player. An alternative to Eriksen creative ability + ability to pass opponent player.

Ince was a winner. Ince won premier league and Serie A with Inter. With that kind of urgency, drive and top guts and fighting mentality. A all round and complete cm player.
If Mainoo reach Ince's level or better. Both ball skill and mentality. I think and believe United will have a really good nr.8 in Mainoo in a proactive 4411/4231 formation.

That are mine observing and views on Mainoo as a cm player in a 433 and 4231 formation. I would play him differently if a fully fit Casemiro or Amrabat are available.

LuckyScout78

Opposite if you are playing to defend and focus on not conceding goals.
But when you switch your mind over to be "playing to score" and "playing to win". Playing with urge, rush to score. Then you will put out your max potential. Special as attacking and creating player on the pitch.

And that is not only with the player. The manager Erik Ten Hag was afraid to conceding goals. Then you might attract what you are thinking. Your team will concede goals. But again if the manager and players switch from a defensive and attacking minded= play to score. Your team will rise the chance to score.

You attract what you are thinking.

Everything in this Universe have a negative and positive side of it. If you are way to composure and calm. It does has a negative side by it too.
Opposite like anger and aggressiveness. It can has a positive effect on your performance too. Not use your anger to kick down oponnonent players of course. But use the anger to win and reach the ball first "fairly" and use your aggressiveness to push and max out the tempo and speed in you.

Like Kobbie Mainoo before scoring. I haven't seen him that quick, rush for goal the entire whole game. But when you are playing with a mind "have to score " and "play to score to win" You will see the beast out of him. The max potential.

Example of football legends that use anger and aggressiveness to hit theirs max potential are Paul Ince in my last post. Zlatan, Messi and Rooney. Free their beast mentality in them. 100 % focus and determination in everything they are doing.

And in a 4231 formation. In a cm duo. Playing with a CM.6 in Casemiro. It mean Mainoo is a nr.8. And a nr.8 main job and role belong to the attack. Not defend.

In a 4231 formation :

The 4 back line with + DM nr.6 = the defensive = main job
The attacking 4 + nr.8 = the attack = main job

5 defensive + 5 attacking player = balance.

It mean as nr.8 you are more free to express yourself. More freedom to be creative. You are more free to release your max energy, engine, guts, drive, positive anger = everything in you.

Because if you hold back and not playing to your max pontential. Then it will appear and affect your performance.

And as young player. 18. Can run a lot. Then your team will benefit if you release the beast in you out.
As a free CAM/nr.10. Jude Bellingham is doing it week in and week out for Real Madrid. Totally freedom to express himself on the pitch. Then you will see a consistent Bellingham on top week in and week out.

Casemiro at his age and more adult. Lesser temp and speed in his body. Suit the role to hold back a bit. But as a young, wild free kid. Enjoy your young wild period. Fearless and young fighting spirit. Don't hold back your top guts and energy.

And reasons why in my last post i said.

In a proactive dominating 433. Kobbie is a nr.6. Who will dictate and start most of the attack. But in 4231 or 4411 the boy shall be a free creative nr.8
Watching him from the youth and from his videos in my first post. I knew and believe Mainoo has that attacking ability, like passing opponent players in him. Really good dribbling ability.

And against a top team. Like against Spurs. 4411 with Mainoo & Eriksen will not work. Mainoo need a Keane, Patrick Viera and a top Casemiro beside him. Like Fabregas had Viera beside him. Then he will have more freedom to be creative and help the attack 4.

Those 4 combination will never work against top teams : Varane - Evans + Mainoo & Eriksen. Too soft and and to easily to play against. Really low "hard to beat " factor. Reasons why Spurs were dominating against United and easily score theirs 2nd goal.

Again. As a nr.8 in a 4411 formation. In the last minutes. That is how i love to see Mainoo and why i love football. "Don't hold it back. Play to score and play to win". Attack, attack. Mainoo rised his winning and willing to score ability to the max. He let and free the beast in him. In the last minutes to score.

Klopp and Liverpool's mentality are like that. They are so so scoring and attack & goal focus minded. And when you max and push yourself to the max. You rise the chance to reach the best and top and consistent performance.

Just look at Klopp attacking minded and focus. 433 with 6 attacking players, include a offensive nr.6 in Mac Allister and we all know how offensive and attack are Liverpool full back in Trent and Robertson. Then we will see how many attacking players Klopp are lining up. Nearly 8 attacking + 2 CB. It pay off for Klopp to be so attacking and goal focus. And he bought players with those abilities, energy and mentality.

If Mainoo and United can play 90 minutes like that too. Urge and "have to score " mentality and focus. Not to switch over to "afraid to conceding goals". Then i believe United will be a lot more fun and attractive to watch in the future.
We are all best when we "free ourselves" and freedom to express on the pitch.

And freedom to show what you are good and capable of. Exactly what Mainoo was showing in the last minutes.

Eric Cantona's qoute: " craziness is genius". You get to free and release your max potential. The mentality that want to score so badly. And Mainoo did want to score so so badly. In the last minutes. Gladly not to late.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Big fan of Lucky scout, bet he'd be a right laugh if you worked with him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Would’ve rotted in the reserves if not discovered by luckyscout looking for Wayne Rooney son Kai.

Eric Cantona's qoute: " craziness is genius". You get to free and release your max potential. The mentality that want to score so badly. And Mainoo did want to score so so badly. In the last minutes. Gladly not to late.
Tears in my eyes.
Aug 10, 2022

United is in really need for a really good and consist central midfield player. Maybe the answer in the a few years time might be Kobbie Mainoo. He gives me hope.
You did it again King.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would’ve rotted in the reserves if not discovered by luckyscout looking for Wayne Rooney son Kai.
I had a conversation with Luckyscout about Kai.

I said “nice post thanks, sounds like he is a real talent?”

He said “”

so I replied “oh that’s interesting thanks I didn’t know that, do you think he will make it to the first team?”

he replied “”

and we just left it there

Status
Not open for further replies.