Kurt Zouma

Sigma

Was told to start a new thread if the old thread was at least 6 months old so sorry if I misunderstood it.

Anyway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34317823

He's got a very deep voice and speaks good English. Coming on the football he's the exact sort of player that Chelsea and Mourinhio wants in a defender and I think he's got a bright future ahead of him.

Parry Gallister

I've liked him a lot awhile, good on the football, adaptable in his positions, physical and clever. Another in in France's wave of young potential greats. There's something going on there.

Loublaze

ATLien
Im not buying this 'he was taken out of context and he was speaking in his second language' when it comes to his post match interview and response to Costa's conduct against Arsenal. He speaks very good English, better than most English footballers actually. He answered the question immediately and you didn't hear any umms or ughs. Excellent English tbh

Donut

Poor guy will have to fake his English from now on to make the story somewhat believable.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I imagine he didn't mean cheat as in the usual sense of the word (correct choice of word) but was meaning to say someone along the lines of a sneaky, aggressive player and that is probably the closest word he knew.

Bwuk

Class player. Really hope they don't get Stones to partner him because that would have everything.

thepolice123

Top talent. France have a group of highly talented defenders - Laporte, Umtiti, Varane, Zouma.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Do not look at the pictures if you cannot bear this kinda stuff. I hate to see injuries like that because it reminds me so much of mine.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Screamed in pain many times, poor lad.
Speedy recovery to him.

Jacob

Cringed when I saw it, still cringing when I think about it. Really sensitive when it comes to sports injuries.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Terribly unlucky with that injury, a freak occurrence. Looked absolutely horrific when he landed, and how much pain he was in afterwards. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as it seemed, and he'll be back before long.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No word on a diagnosis yet?
That's gonna be pretty much every ligament in his knee destroyed. Going to be out for a year I would imagine. even worse than Vidic's was looking at that photo.

Poor bastard.

Adam-Utd

I thought Sky showing a close up of his face when he was on the floor screaming was pretty odd. They usually don't do that.
Agreed, why does anybody want/need to see that? I am all for getting great camera angles and close ups but that was ridiculous. Show the injury but not him screaming in pain.

AKDevil

Mate who's just broken his knee says that is a posterior cruciate ligament, 12 months out comfortably. Shocker of an injury. The freeze frame makes you squirm let alone the replay.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ah feck, that freezed picture somebody took looks painful. Felt for him when he was lying on the pitch screaming like that. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Trizy

That's gonna be pretty much every ligament in his knee destroyed. Going to be out for a year I would imagine. even worse than Vidic's was looking at that photo.

Poor bastard.
The worst part of the injury surely is the power and weight coming down all on one leg from a jump. He's a big man too!

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
The screaming thing he did every few seconds reminded me of when I broke my ankle. Looked bad.

Sigma

I thought Sky showing a close up of his face when he was on the floor screaming was pretty odd. They usually don't do that.
That was terrible, you could hear him screaming :(

Bebe

I don't think they understood at first how serious it was. I know I didn't. Was a bit odd that they lingered on it, but maybe whoever operates that was in a bit of shock or something as well. I find it hard to be overly critical in that sort of moment, normal decision making breaks down even for someone watching on a TV screen.

Adam-Utd

The worst part of the injury surely is the power and weight coming down all on one leg from a jump. He's a big man too!
Definitely, I mean he jumped like a Kangaroo and must weight 16 stone, I think his footing gave way slightly when he landed and his knee just buckled completely the wrong way. No wonder he was in so much pain, gutted for the guy as it could really ruin his career. Atleast he will have the best surgeons and recovery available.

peridigm

Ligaments are definitely torn looking at the photos in the article above.
Absolutely. The knee is not designed to move that way. Be surprised if he didn't have meniscus damage as well. I tell you though, I did my knee playing indoor a few years ago. Twisted it and felt a pop. The pain was the worst I'd ever experienced in my life. I was pretty much doing the same thing rolling on the ground like I'd been shot, then 20 minutes later I tried to jog to see if I could go back in. Fecking stupid idea. Could barely walk to the car after that.

El Zoido

It was horrible hearing him scream. I hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Im not buying this 'he was taken out of context and he was speaking in his second language' when it comes to his post match interview and response to Costa's conduct against Arsenal. He speaks very good English, better than most English footballers actually. He answered the question immediately and you didn't hear any umms or ughs. Excellent English tbh

:lol: Never saw this.